FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

BUTCHER LINING UP IPSWICH STRIKER

tokelyisvictorious

Terry is set to swoop on young striker Conor Wickham, currently playing for the Ipswich reserve team, and sign him up on-loan for the rest of the season.

Having reliable information from a couple of old fans of Ipswich who attend every home and away game, as well as the odd reserve games, both of whom now have the legend's autograph having spotted him taking up an exceutive seat in a recent reserve game.

By all accounts an exciting talent having been capped by England at schoolboy level and on standby for the u17s, he also grabbed a couple of goals on his League Cup debut.

So far he has made just the 2 league appearances from the bench this season, and with new manager roy keane strengthening the squad with big money signings Ipswich clearly feel as though a season in Division 1 would clearly toughen the lad up and give him some playing time.

Definitely one to sign up. :33:

Would be very pleased if TB could secure this deal. The boy must have some pedigree if he's making the bench in that league and would certainly give options for a more physical prescence.

Even if it doesn't come off, glad to see that old contacts are being worked. Good news.

IMO this boy looks twice as good as either barrowboy or rooney.

Even though he did start against WBA, that won't be a regular position, this would be the perfeect opportunity for the lad.

And, if you're good enough, you're old enough.

Edited by tokelyisvictorious

Guest Mahonio

I would be delighted to see this young guy at the club for a season long loan and will be keeping an eye on him through the Football League Show usually screened after Match of the Day on a Saturday night.

To all fans on here who don't believe tokelyisvictorious haven't been reading local papers recently because sometime last week which stated that Butch was planning signing another striker but wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't get one in as he thinks the strikers here would still do a job for him.

tokelyisvictorious, i do believe you don't worry :021: :021: :021: .

By the way do you have a Bebo address so i can add you as a friend and that goes to anyone on here ok :lol: :) :021: :021:

sorry mahonio no bebo page, find it a bit pointless, appreciate the belief though :blink:

looking at the squad tonight we could do with a bit of pace, a bit of height and this lad offers both. Although we have Odi, Dougie and Hayes, Wickham would be a perfect impact player. Rooney and Sutherland also look like they are going to be playing small parts this season, paving the way for a really talented youngster.

be prepared to see Butcher arrange a couple of bounce games, look out for the new face in training.

Good to see that TB is still looking to improve the squad, but I do worry about how the club is financing all of this. We already have a large pool of players and we must surely need to get a few out on loan (together with at least a proportion of their wages - if not all) to keep the overall wage bill in check. If I recall correctly, 1 addition to the squad would see us at 26 registered first team players - a lot for this league (probably only beaten by Dundee?)!

I saw this guy in the Carling cup last week and he was excellent, great movement and good finishing. Would love to see him signed but i agree with what's been said. He probably won't be going with all the in's and out's at Ipswich.

Good to see that TB is still looking to improve the squad, but I do worry about how the club is financing all of this. We already have a large pool of players and we must surely need to get a few out on loan (together with at least a proportion of their wages - if not all) to keep the overall wage bill in check. If I recall correctly, 1 addition to the squad would see us at 26 registered first team players - a lot for this league (probably only beaten by Dundee?)!

We actually have 27 first team players at the moment