FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Eagle

davieB

Has anyone seen anything remotely impressive the guy has done in his short time here? How does he keep getting a game every week?

I used to think Darren Thomson was the worst player I've ever seen in an ICT shirt. With a few more games under his belt I reckon young Robert might just nick that title from him.

I dont think he is aboslutely dire, but i did think it was a confidence issue at first. If he can get past his man he can get a decent cross in. To be fair anyway, he is just going to be Imrie's benchwarmer. Imrie will always be first team when he is back to match fit...shouldnt be too long as he has a tremendous engine.

Eagle's mis-placed pass was to blame for Queens scoring in 32 seconds.

I saw him at Elgin, he has a spark... i dont know why but if we keep hold of him, and he gets used to first team SFL1 games i recon hes got somthing! i know ill get shot down with we havent got time pish, but i beleve he will come good, if he says with us, we do have time IMO we'll be here a while!

He's far too slow for a wide man. He can't get past people to get a ball in. I think he has a reasonable cross on him but his inability to get away from his man hampers his chances to send one in.

Edited by RiG

I thought his ball retention was not too bad. He is not as direct as Hayes but he tries to keep the ball within his own team, if that means going back then thats what he will do. I have seen him snapping at opposition heels. For the life of me though, I don't see that he is any better that what Zander Sutherland was, they are almost identical.

Therein lies Mr Butchers problems, the players he has brought in just don't have any value add. We have released guys like Vigurs and Wood, Roy not getting a game and we have not increased the quality of our squad. Now that is down to the present manager.

He's far too slow for a wide man. He can't get past people to get a ball in. I think he has a reasonable cross on him but his inability to get away fro his man hampers his chances to send one in.

A poor man's Alan Morgan then?!

Of course his ball retention's not that bad manfer. He just moves inside as if he's about to take his man on, then changes his mind and passes it back to Golly..... feckin hopeless. Is Morgan still available BTW?

I don't think I've ever seen a slower winger. Which would be okay if he could the other stuff, but he doesn't. He can't pass, can't beat a man, can't tackle. He might have a good cross, but never seems to able to get in the position to do it. Bring back Morgan I reckon.

I dont think he is aboslutely dire, but i did think it was a confidence issue at first. If he can get past his man he can get a decent cross in. To be fair anyway, he is just going to be Imrie's benchwarmer. Imrie will always be first team when he is back to match fit...shouldnt be too long as he has a tremendous engine.

Golly intercepted a pass across the park, he then knocked in on to Eagles who gave it to Sandshoes who passed it straight back to Denzil's feet... the rest is painfull.

Eagles is not direct enough, no danger to opposition at all.

Manfer--but if you frequently pass back to your own players and don't lose goals does this mean that immediately after he releases the ball ICT will score because the opposite of going forward to score goals is to backwards to score them?

As in "Im walking backwards for Christmas"---...?? :angry:

I don't think he's that bad... you can't fault his work rate anyway. He offers a lot of cover down our left side, which is needed when we have and ageing Golly and unpredictable Zadi at left back. When Imrie gets back I imagine it will be Imrie on the right and Hayes on the left but I don't think Eagle is the worst signing by Butcher... infact, although watching on ALBA I thought he was our best player in the second half against C*unty

Not been impressed with Eagle or Hayes. Eagle just cant beat a man very often and seems to do the same things over and over. He either gets tackled straight away or gets to his man and realises he cant beat him so he turns back then gets faced with another man and 'opps not sure what to do here' so he turns back the other way again and 'ach forgot about that guy from before' so he will turn back again and 'dam that guy is still there' and lose the ball. Repeat 10 times a game.

He reminds me alot of Paatelainen. Just slows attack down, Saturday he did absolutely nowt and despite his goal against County has contributed very little to the season. Time for Dougie too come back please.

Not what I saw. Duncan pushed the ball through to Sanchez and then moved of. Sanchez passed it back to where it came from but there wasn't an ICT player there. Wyness picked it up and a goal was scored.

Personally i think Eagle has something but not in the style of play we are adopting.

TBH I'm not a fan. I think he's slow, which is why he always tries to cut inside rather than take his man out wide. He rarely goes at his full back one on one and his game sense is poor. Playing the ball back is always the safer option. He has got a really good left foot cross (no right foot at all) but what's the point if he rarely gets into position to use it?