FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Imrie To Depart In January

Kingsmills

A friend who is a Hamilton Accies supporter and who is generally well informed about his team is convinced that a deal has been agreed in principle for Doug Imrie to move to New Douglas Park in the January transfer window.

This nearly happened in the summer but there offer was ridcoulos and now apparently billy has been given a bigger budget for jan and has set his sights in new targets so could be interesting to see what happens here but if there scouts have been watching him recently the only. Place he is going is elgin city

I was just wondering what Imrie's best position would be? Bags of pace, loads of trickery, can't (or won't) cross, rarely hits the target. That would seem to rule out striker, winger and attacking midfielder (unless he's kept his range of passing to himself). He obviously does have a lot of talent but just where is his best position?

For the record, I'd like him to stay unless the money we get for him goes directly to transfer fees (doubt it). I think in that 4-2-3-1 position he can pull defenders all over the place. You got to remember he's only just back from a long injury.

I think Douglas could be an important player for us in the 1st division. He has played in the division before and it's only since he returned that we have started winning games.

I wouldn't say no to him going for a fee but i would like us to keep him. I wouldn't compare him to Hayes as i think they are capable of both playing in the same team. Plus i don't really want to see Eagle come back into the team as he really offers us nothing.

Get rid of him asap. He offers nothing to the team and you can see him being a cocky **** in the dressing room and one that would kick up a fuss over nothing.

Do you have a good word to say about any of our players? All you seem to post is how this player is crap and that one is chit....and it's all getting very boring.

Your comments about how he might be in the dressing room are also VERY wide of the mark. During the entire time he was out injured he was always keen to still be there during training and on matchdays to gee on the rest of the lads and took the time to mingle with, and talk too, the fans.

Even if you take football skill out of the equation, every team needs guys like this who play with a bit of passion and inspire those around them. It's no coincidence, IMO, that we're starting to see more happening at the front since Imrie returned to the field.

Personally I think he would be a big loss for us.

He may not be perfect and his final ball is often not that great but he works really hard for the team and pulls defences all over the place. He is an important factor in the improved recent form of the team. Whilst we need to strengthen the defence it should not be at the cost of letting Imrie go.

I'd be sad to see him leave but I would like the club to sign an imposing centre half who has *a bit* of pace in the January window.

Imrie can be very entertaining at times and I always maintain he does give it 100% when he's on the pitch. I'm hopeful of a good showing from him on Sunday.

Perhaps beggars cant be choosers. Ha

I wouldnt like to see Dougie go, hes one of our better players on his game. But due to our financial situation, if we were given money that we rate him at or more, i dont see any other way than to take it.

While I do like Imrie, I fear he's a bit like Kris Boyd. Play well against weaker teams, but can't cut it with the better ones.

Hope I'm wrong, and to be fair he's been out for ages but County had no trouble whatsoever dealing with him 100% of the time.

• 1 month later...

The reason Imrie was totally in effective against County at Dingwall, was the fact that he was only interested in reacting to the Jailend.

Nope, the reason was that your full-back was all over him from start to finish.

can we stick the thread about him together, having two threads doing pritty much the same thing will only go as far as to inflate his ego more!! two threads about him..oooo

• 2 weeks later...