FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V DUNDEE IN THE ALBA CUP

Heilandee

I was there that night. Danny McDonald scored our goal and we were the better team.

I think we're going to pump Dundee on Sunday by at least a 3 goal margin........

This post is a great advert for Guiness.

Guiness at 02.47 am? .... wait till i tell yer ma. :huh:

See ya sunday

well we are in the competition . I dont think there is a lot of Caley fans who stay in Perth, so what is your real excuse for not going???

It's a long way to go for a meaningless fixture.

Our next 6 league games could almost be described as the most important fixtures in ICT's recent history. I just hope that thought is uppermost in TB's mind.

I'm not even sure that we should be going into this game wth our strongest possible team. What if one or more of our key players was to pick up a serious injury? There's a lot of raw meat in that Dundee team.

I'd hate to think we might be deprived of one of our skillfull silky ball players (Tokely for instance) for these up and coming league games.

Something Heilandee said earlier in this thread about a day out on the lash with your mates, did briefly make me think about going - I might have gone if it had been a golf outing at St Andrews or Carnoustie instead of a meaningless game that's live on the telly anyway....

Naah.... Enjoy your day out guys and gals.... I might allow myself a wee celebratory drink on the Sunday night if we do win it - just so long as no one's got injured.

Think the club's been reading yer posts JB, even Darrens wanting you to go,get yer hand in yer pocket and get doon the road on Sunday ya tight wad Fifer :rolleyes:

Please come Johnboy say's Darren

I hope it doesnt go to extra time this time round because i need to catch the 6.30 train!

There is a train just before half 7 as well, if you've booked a return it will be an anytime return which means you can also get the half 7 as I've booked the half 7 one but will probably be back up on the half 6 train.

Was it really 15 years ago the last time we met in this competition then called the B+Q cup :) Mind it was played at Telford street, night gemme , feckin freezin and a draw,went to penalties with Jim Duffy scoring the winner at the Comet end of the ground,anyone else on here at the game?

Steady on Heilandee! You are suffering from Dens Park Delusions of Grandeur!! I had a strange uneasiness about the facility with which you claimed the Dark Blues progessed to the next round and so consulted Against All Odds which tells me the game took place in 28.9.94. and that it was 1 all and Dundee went through 4-3 on penalties! :P

Yes, I was there that night though.

Dalneigh Caley.. not sure whether you are doubting this or simply indulging in nostalgia but the Comet End was indeed what the "away" Distillery End at Telford Street was called after the Distillery was replaced by retail units

It was at that very same end that about ten months previously the Banned Rebels parked their bus and watched an Inverness Cup semi against Clach from the top deck!

(Inverness Cup?.... v Clach?.... don't suppose the forthcoming revival could create such controversy... could it? :D )

That game is actually the first Caley match i watched that i can remembe! as a fresh faced 6 year old standing in the infamous Howden End with his old man eating one of those god-awful "Dark Mars" bars that was brought out that year and havent been seen since thankfully :)

Was it really 15 years ago the last time we met in this competition then called the B+Q cup :) Mind it was played at Telford street, night gemme , feckin freezin and a draw,went to penalties with Jim Duffy scoring the winner at the Comet end of the ground,anyone else on here at the game?

Steady on Heilandee! You are suffering from Dens Park Delusions of Grandeur!! I had a strange uneasiness about the facility with which you claimed the Dark Blues progessed to the next round and so consulted Against All Odds which tells me the game took place in 28.9.94. and that it was 1 all and Dundee went through 4-3 on penalties! :P

Yes, I was there that night though.

Dalneigh Caley.. not sure whether you are doubting this or simply indulging in nostalgia but the Comet End was indeed what the "away" Distillery End at Telford Street was called after the Distillery was replaced by retail units

It was at that very same end that about ten months previously the Banned Rebels parked their bus and watched an Inverness Cup semi against Clach from the top deck!

(Inverness Cup?.... v Clach?.... don't suppose the forthcoming revival could create such controversy... could it? :D )

That game is actually the first Caley match i watched that i can remembe! as a fresh faced 6 year old standing in the infamous Howden End with his old man eating one of those god-awful "Dark Mars" bars that was brought out that year and havent been seen since thankfully :)

You mean these ?Dark Mars

EDIT-

Mars Midnight, white inside Mars bar but covered in dark chocolate. Now named Mars Dark, it is on permanent release in Canada, and is on a Limited Edition sale in the UK, as of October 2009

From the ever reliable wikipedia.

Edited by Birdog2

I was there - seem to remember Morton Weighorst playing for dee then before he went on to Celtic - I may be wrong, it has been known :)

I was there that night. Danny McDonald scored our goal and we were the better team.

I think we're going to pump Dundee on Sunday by at least a 3 goal margin........

This post is a great advert for Guiness.

Guiness at 02.47 am? .... wait till i tell yer ma. :)

See ya sunday

Now as someone who has been known to enjoy the occassional pint of the "black stuff", can I just correct you both on the spelling :D

I'm surprised that CB has not picked up on it, teaching standards are slipping :)

I suspect that the sudden Mars Bar appearance on this thread was probably due to an unconscious psychological link with Heilandee - They both appear to be sweet, friendly and enticing but end up making ya want to boak. :D

Just you mind Pitlochry this weekend sweety

Let's hope we hear this on Sunday

Tha an r?itire air a‟ Chuairt Deireanach de Chupa D?bhlain Alba 2009 a th?iseachadh.

'S iad Inbhir Nis a tha a‟ coimhead as coltaiche airson a‟ chiad tadhal

Taaaaadhal!!!!! !!!!! Sin e! Aon gu neoni!

Caley Thistle Inbhir Nis a choisinn C?pa D?bhlain Alba 2009

Tha iad d?reach air bhioran

Aye, that'll do for me Heilandee.