ICT V DUNDEE IN THE ALBA CUP

Heilandee

Was it really 15 years ago the last time we met in this competition then called the B+Q cup :ohmy: Mind it was played at Telford street, night gemme , feckin freezin and a draw,went to penalties with Jim Duffy scoring the winner at the Comet end of the ground,anyone else on here at the game?

Was it really 15 years ago the last time we met in this competition then called the B+Q cup :ohmy: Mind it was played at Telford street, night gemme , feckin freezin and a draw,went to penalties with Jim Duffy scoring the winner at the Comet end of the ground,anyone else on here at the game?

Steady on Heilandee! You are suffering from Dens Park Delusions of Grandeur!! I had a strange uneasiness about the facility with which you claimed the Dark Blues progessed to the next round and so consulted Against All Odds which tells me the game took place in 28.9.94. and that it was 1 all and Dundee went through 4-3 on penalties! :P

Yes, I was there that night though.

Dalneigh Caley.. not sure whether you are doubting this or simply indulging in nostalgia but the Comet End was indeed what the "away" Distillery End at Telford Street was called after the Distillery was replaced by retail units

It was at that very same end that about ten months previously the Banned Rebels parked their bus and watched an Inverness Cup semi against Clach from the top deck!

(Inverness Cup?.... v Clach?.... don't suppose the forthcoming revival could create such controversy... could it? :D )

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Steady on Heilandee! You are suffering from Dens Park Delusions of Grandeur!! I had a strange uneasiness about the facility with which you cliamed the Dark Blues progessed to the next round and so consulted Against All Odds which tells me the game took place in 28.9.94. and that it was 1 all and Dundee went through 4-3 on penalties! :P

Yes, I was there though.

Dalneigh Caley.. not sure whether you are doubting this or indulging in nostalgia but the Comet End was indeed what the "away" Distillery End at Telford Street was called after the Distillery was replaced by retail units

It was at that very same end that about ten months previously the Banned Rebels parked their bus and watched an Inverness Cup semi against Clach from the top deck!

(Inverness Cup?.... v Clach?.... don't suppose the forthcoming revival could create such controversy... could it? :D )

Haha, those were the days. Pesky Caley supporters :P

Is that no whit eh said Charles?,........ "feckin freezin and a draw,went to penalties with Jim Duffy scoring the winner"

Duffy came over and apologised personally to us for the way they had performed!

It was aye referrred to as the Comet end from when eh mind it CD,but i only go back about 20 years so i'll bow to yer superior historical knowledge

Talking about Inverness derby cup ties at Telford Street in the Highland League days, I'm sure, if you are old enough, that someone with a name like yours will remember a certain Qualifying Cup final replay there between Caley and Thistle in 1987. :D

Oh yes... and Jags' last trophy was the 1993 Inverness Cup when in the final at Telford Street they beat Clach (winners over Caley in the "bus" semi final) 1-0. Jags' winning goal was scored by..... the current manager of Clach! :ohmy:

Is that no whit eh said Charles?,........ "feckin freezin and a draw,went to penalties with Jim Duffy scoring the winner"

Duffy came over and apologised personally to us for the way they had performed!

It was aye referrred to as the Comet end from when eh mind it CD,but i only go back about 20 years so i'll bow to yer superior historical knowledge

Yes, having had a chance to think about it, I suspect what someone of Dalneigh Caley's vintage will be questioning is that you referred to it at the Comet End rather than the Distillery End. I'm not sure when the change was made. Late 70s perhaps and maybe the tin shed went at the same time? That was decrepit in the 60s when I was a kid.

Sorry... I seem to have hijacked and altered the course of this thread rather!

So to go back to previous cup encounters with Dundee, that 1-1 game v Dundee was CT's first ever cup tie at home. The previous month they had put East Stirling out of the Coca Cola Cup away in what was their first ever competitive match... before losing 3-0 in the second round... at Dens!!!

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Talking about Inverness derby cup ties at Telford Street in the Highland League days, I'm sure, if you are old enough, that someone with a name like yours will remember a certain Qualifying Cup final replay there between Caley and Thistle in 1987. :D

Oh yes... and Jags' last trophy was the 1993 Inverness Cup when in the final at Telford Street they beat Clach (winners over Caley in the "bus" semi final) 1-0. Jags' winning goal was scored by..... the current manager of Clach! :ohmy:

Sure do,the 3-0 in 87 was mighty impressive, good team that year. Crazee Frazee bites yer legs!

Steady on Heilandee! You are suffering from Dens Park Delusions of Grandeur!! I had a strange uneasiness about the facility with which you claimed the Dark Blues progessed to the next round and so consulted Against All Odds which tells me the game took place in 28.9.94. and that it was 1 all and Dundee went through 4-3 on penalties! :P

Yes, I was there that night though.

Dalneigh Caley.. not sure whether you are doubting this or simply indulging in nostalgia but the Comet End was indeed what the "away" Distillery End at Telford Street was called after the Distillery was replaced by retail units

I was on that bus Charles

Oh no...

Not another thread on the Mickey Mouse Cup final.

This game will be nothing more than a dress rehearsal for one fixture that really matters :

ICT vs Dundee

BoxingDay, 2009

Its still going to be a good day out prior to the big league games coming up,our journey to hamden and hopefully a good travelling support for the away games for the final push, near the end of the season.

I'm looking forward to the noise, dont quite know how or when it came about but for a young club we have a hell of a lot of good chants.

Oh no...

Not another thread on the Mickey Mouse Cup final.

This game will be nothing more than a dress rehearsal for one fixture that really matters :

ICT vs Dundee

BoxingDay, 2009

Naw, JB, it's a thread on PREVIOUS meetings in the mickey mouse cup,and yes,we know ya don't rate this final and yes we all know it's not important but it's a bit of fun (something lacking in football these days) and a day on the lash with your mates.give it a go, ya might just enjoy it :ohmy:

PS in the league ALL fixtures really matter,hence the pleasure in ahaving a wee game that doesn't really matter but would be fun to win

Caley Stan , i couldn't mind the scorers in normal time,intersesting it was Danny,Morton Weighorst scored our reply,and while i admire yer optimism,..........3 goal margin!! I'll have a tenner on that :D

I take it you are not going to the final then?!

No.... I don't live in Perth.

And?

And we shouldn't even be in this competition....

We should be playing teams like the Dons, the Hibs, the Hearts, the OF, etc....

well we are in the competition . I dont think there is a lot of Caley fans who stay in Perth, so what is your real excuse for not going???

well we are in the competition . I dont think there is a lot of Caley fans who stay in Perth, so what is your real excuse for not going???

It's a long way to go for a meaningless fixture.

Our next 6 league games could almost be described as the most important fixtures in ICT's recent history. I just hope that thought is uppermost in TB's mind.

I'm not even sure that we should be going into this game wth our strongest possible team. What if one or more of our key players was to pick up a serious injury? There's a lot of raw meat in that Dundee team.

I'd hate to think we might be deprived of one of our skillfull silky ball players (Tokely for instance) for these up and coming league games.

Something Heilandee said earlier in this thread about a day out on the lash with your mates, did briefly make me think about going - I might have gone if it had been a golf outing at St Andrews or Carnoustie instead of a meaningless game that's live on the telly anyway....

Naah.... Enjoy your day out guys and gals.... I might allow myself a wee celebratory drink on the Sunday night if we do win it - just so long as no one's got injured.

To some, John, it is far from meaningless. Some people have forgotten where we come from, some people will never truly understand but we have no right to think that we belong in the SPL. There are teams outwith the SPL who are bigger and, on paper, more deserving of a place there. We made it there through hard work, a never say die attitude and a fair splattering of luck. We should never have been allowed in to the SPL in the first place, the rules at the time forebode it but a campaign in the national press and through an internet petition bought our place, I do not believe that we would have had such a public backing if we had not beaten the worst Celtic team in living memory four years beforehand.

As an ICT fan I am devastated at having to join my ship on Saturday, the chance of adding a nationally accredited trophy to our cabinet is a privilege which ICT fans should cherish. Yes, in the grand scheme of things the league is more important but I don't think we will win it. I hope we can, and if we do then, given our start to the season, the drop in squad quality and the financial constraints on the club, it will be the best effort that an ICT squad has put in over a season.

How any supporter of ICT can express the attitude that you have here is beyond my understanding but each of us are different and you are free to support your club how you see fit.

Edited by Birdog2

To some, John, it is far from meaningless. Some people have forgotten where we come from, some people will never truly understand but we have no right to think that we belong in the SPL. There are teams outwith the SPL who are bigger and, on paper, more deserving of a place there. We made it there through hard work, a never say die attitude and a fair splattering of luck. We should never have been allowed in to the SPL in the first place, the rules at the time forebode it but a campaign in the national press and through an internet petition bought our place, I do not believe that we would have had such a public backing if we had not beaten the worst Celtic team in living memory four years beforehand.

As an ICT fan I am devastated at having to join my ship on Saturday, the chance of adding a nationally accredited trophy to our cabinet is a privilege which ICT fans should cherish. Yes, in the grand scheme of things the league is more important but I don't think we will win it. I hope we can, and if we do then, given our start to the season, the drop in squad quality and the financial constraints on the club, it will be the best effort that an ICT squad has put in over a season.

How any supporter of ICT can express the attitude that you have here is beyond my understanding but each of us are different and you are free to support your club how you see fit.

:huh: :D :D :clapping01: :clapping01: :clapping01: :clapping01: