FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher and Malpas

Bridge_Ender

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon Rene, credit where its due. Whether we can conjure up the results to go back to SPL or whether its another season in this league at least people are looking to the future. I'm not a Butcher fan but I can see he's achieving something at the club. If he can persuade players to stay and build on what he already has then surely that can only be good. Uncertainty over contracts and lack of continuity do not help progress. We have players who are improving as the season progresses. Some of that improvement has to be down to Butcher and Malpas. They've managed to get a shredded team stitched back together again and are starting to see results.

No doubt some posters will cast up about players we let go but not knowing the reasons behind those decisions I, for one, don't wish to speculate. I did, however, listen carefully to what Mark McGhee had to say last week about not being able to get established Aberdeen players to work to his style and I think the same could be true of Butcher when he took over. A coach has his own way of doing things and he expects those he hires to follow this. I remember when Brewster came in first time and the few complaints about the training regime, more especially double stints each day. A few of those players who voiced opinion were let go quite easily.

I want to see continuity reap success and if the board have chosen Terry and Mo for that then so be it. Good luck to then and to the future of our club.

Phase one complete.

Now we got to get the squad sorted out on new deals as well.

Well done to the board for getting it sorted, nice to see the them finally taking some initiative.

I think it shows how commited they are to us, we all know they must have taken quite a pay cut!! and as said above its a start to building out platform, so lets stop all this butcher must go pish and get on with watching what is IMO some good football games.. i mean come on six goals!!

Great news and I hope that the club can go on to create a solid platform throughout the whole business that will afford us some stability and allow Butcher to be here for many years to come.

Its a start indeed. Wonder if its got anything to do with the thread on here to get them signed up for next season??? :P

Good news. Well done to all involved. :P

Butcher is not perfect - no manager is - but over the last couple of months we have seen his squad gel together better and achieve results. If we can tighten up at the back and start scoring on more of the chances we make at the other end then he will definitely be up there in terms of stats when compared to our other managers.

Great news. Come on, hands up all those who thought he'd be off at the end of the season? I liked his comments about looking at the up and coming players and feel there is more of a chance that some of his signings (Hayes,hopefully) will renew their contracts. Feel really positive now.

Very happy with that, well done!!!

Also think that will determine whether alot of the players stay or go. Hayes, Sanchez, Bully, etc they are all Terrys finds. Hopefully they repay him for first team football with signing new deals.

Great news. Come on, hands up all those who thought he'd be off at the end of the season? I liked his comments about looking at the up and coming players and feel there is more of a chance that some of his signings (Hayes,hopefully) will renew their contracts. Feel really positive now.

If I could find a hands-up smiley I would use it.

Deffo thought he would be away come the end of the season either because we couldnt afford him beyond then or because he would not have accepted a D1 salary especially considering the loss of some of his other income from broadcasting and Scotland jobs.

Him staying could be a positive boost in keeping at least some of the players we feared we might lose. I am sure we will still lose a few if we cannot win the title but maybe not quite so many now as some do seem to have a degree of loyalty towards him specifically.