FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tactics For Dunfermline

Harry Chibber

Broonie

Tokely    Dods    Munro    Hastings

Wilson    Hart    McBain    Rankin

Dargo    Bayne

We really have been struggling in the centre of the park of late, so time for some experienced players to come in and show the young boys how it is done.  I'd like to see Rankin on the left wing, maybe from lack of options but also because he has a good cross and has showed against St Mirren he can deliver a telling pass.  If Wyness gets straight back into the team I will be very surprised and a bit annoyed, after the amount of work Bayne has put in he deserves a vote of confidence from Christie, since he has come back into the team he has looked extremely lively and I can see him bagging a goal or 2 in the near future

same team but keep Rankin in the middle where he seemed to perform better when paired with Hart. I am assuming that Black may be suspended as he has reached 5 bookings but even if not, I think he needs a little time to cool-off.

BROWN

TOKELY    DODS    MUNRO    HASTINGS

WILSON    HART      RANKIN    MCBAIN

BAYNE    DARGO

SUBS

Fraser

McCaffrey

Morgan

Duncan

Wyness

McAllister

Sutherland

Things not going our way during the game ? switch to 3-5-2 by bringing Caff on (in place of McBain in my list here but realistically could be any of the midfield). Make other substitutions depending on performance.

BROWN

MUNRO    DODS    MCCAFFREY

TOKELY                                                  HASTINGS

WILSON    HART        RANKIN   

BAYNE      DARGO   

I like the idea of 3-5-2 although I'd go for........

BROWN

MCCAFFREY     DODS     MUNRO

TOKELY                                                  HASTINGS

WILSON     DUNCAN       RANKIN    

BAYNE       DARGO

Still don't know why everyone seems to be calling for Hart to be included. Fair enough if he had a good 45 minutes against Killie but he was rubbish against Dumbarton

Still don't know why everyone seems to be calling for Hart to be included. Fair enough if he had a good 45 minutes against Killie but he was rubbish against Dumbarton

Hart was one of the major reasons the team finished so strongly towards the end of last season. Most papers gave him motm last week after only playing 45 minutes, he looked very sharp and changed the whole shape of the team.  He gave a performance that definately merited a first team place, I just hope that Christie picked up on it!!

Seemingly Black is not suspended, so will he start? couple of starting elevens looking ok, Hart in for Black may be a possiblity, or maybe even Rankin.

Anyway i feckin hope we play well, 3 points is the only result we need this saturday.

Russell Duncan needs brought back into the squad!  He does all the dirty work and lets the Blacks and Rankins get forward more where they can use there skill and precision to the maximum benefit of the squad!  He's not a pretty footballer to watch but I think with him playing we will concede fewer goals than we are aswell as creating better attacking options for those around him.

Russell Duncan needs brought back into the squad!  He does all the dirty work and lets the Blacks and Rankins get forward more where they can use there skill and precision to the maximum benefit of the squad!  He's not a pretty footballer to watch but I think with him playing we will concede fewer goals than we are aswell as creating better attacking options for those around him.

Agree with you there, i reckon the following formation for Dunfermline could work:

Brown

Rossco  Dods  Munro  Hastings

Duncan

Wilson  Hart  Rankin

Bayne    Dargo

but think charlie will opt for a 4-4-2 with black making way for hart.

Agree with you there, i reckon the following formation for Dunfermline could work:

Brown

Rossco  Dods  Munro  Hastings

Duncan

Wilson   Hart  Rankin

Bayne    Dargo

but think charlie will opt for a 4-4-2 with black making way for hart.

I would love to see one less defender at home but tinkering with the strong point of the team is a bad idea, here's another, stick Wyness in a five man midfield and leave Dargo by himself up front, that'll get him match fit in no time! 

I don't think team formations will be significant.... it will still end up with 20 odd players battling it out in the middle of the park....

Our tactics (or instructions) should be for Tokely and Dods to kick lumps out of Crawford & Young at every opportunity. Wilson should be told to make lung bursting runs down the right and deliver quality crosses or cut backs for Dargo & Bayne...The rest should concentrate on trying to string a few passes together.... Poor passing is usually what defeats them at home.....

Have to agree with Libero in the main. We have to play tactically against Dumbfarmlife:

We have to play the steady back four as they will undoubtedly go fer Crawford and Hamilton and they have rigid "stacker" defenders" so Bayne may be ineffective.. Then lets go fer:

----------------HART----------------------MCBAIN-------------------------MORGAN-----------------

-----------------------------WILSON-------------------------RANKIN---------------------------------

-------------------------------------------DARGO---------------------------------------------------

or even:

------------------------HART------------------------------------MCBAIN---------------------------

--------------------------------------BLACK---------------------------------------------------------

-----------------WILSON-----------------------------------RANKIN--------------------------------

------------------------------------DARGO-----------------------------------------------------------

A la feckin Christmas tree.  :011:

When has our feckin formation ever been feckin tactical rather than being totally feckin predictable.

Regardless of tictacs and formations - unless the midfield ( whoever they may be ) are going to come and take the ball from Dods/Munro and play some passes through the middle of the park - then CC'd be advised to play 4 - 0 - 6 formation so when we are hoofing the ball up the park at least we have a better chance of finding one of our own men.

:017:

I just hope that collectively, they've been working on making & receiving passes... basic stuff I know, but they are very guilty of giving away possession very cheaply, when playing at home.... Crawford is the Pars dangerman and must be closely watched.... if they can perform as well as they did away to Motherwell & Kilmarnock, they should pick up all three points....

From today's Press and Journal:

CALEY JAGS JUST WANT TO GET HOME JOY OUT OF THEIR SYSTEM 

More Headlines | Back to home page 

ANDREW DICKSON

08:50 - 30 September 2006 

Caley Jags boss Charlie Christie will change the system against Dunfermline in Inverness today - because of the way opposition teams now approach games in the Highland capital.

When Caley Jags first came into the SPL, opponents played open football on their trips north.

Inverness were the ones who usually profited - with the result that, in recent months, visiting teams have been more cautious.

That has led to Christie's men failing to win any of their five home games in the league and cup against top-flight clubs so far this season, losing to both St Mirren and Falkirk.

Consequently, Christie and his players worked on a different formation in training this week and are ready to shelve the standard 4-4-2 set-up they normally use.

Christie wants to close the clear gap between his midfielders and forwards. He insists it can be used without changing personnel, but it appears suited to players currently not in his starting 11 - such as Richie Hart and Liam Keogh.

Christie said: "I am very aware of the fact I want to change a team which is actually playing well at the moment. It is a strange thing to be considering.

"But I am also conscious of a need to get players into the final third of the park much faster.

"It is not rocket science. We just have to get support to the front men on a quick and regular basis and that is something we have been working on.

"Teams have changed the way they approach playing us when we are at home and, without second-guessing Jim Leishman, I'd imagine his side will be pretty cautious against us.

"I am not saying they will sit back as such, but the onus will be on to try to break them down a little more than we have against teams here in the past.

"I have already given a fair bit of thought about what I want to do and will continue to do so in the hours ahead of the game.

"We won't be doing anything too drastic and could even give the same players already in the team more scope to play further forward without dropping folk.

"But without naming names, some players are better at doing that than others, who are perhaps better at dropping short and taking the ball or playing deeper."

Dennis Wyness is available for Caley Thistle again after he recovered from the dislocated shoulder he suffered against Hearts five weeks ago.

That means Christie has a full squad to choose from for Dunfermline's trip north.

I.C.T score some goals,  Dunfermline dont = 3 points  simple really :001:

Lets make some noise and send the visitors back down the A9 with nothing.

Well there you go then,  I was right we just needed to remind them that they had to win and they did. Though it was pretty late in the day. WELL DONE  :clapping04: