FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dublin 3s interview

DALNEIGHCALEY

and Brora Rangers!

They aren't a senior club

Yes they are, same as everyone else in the Highland League. They just don't play in the Scottish League.

Encouraging piece though and nice to see Foran is looking to stay, from the tone of the article anyway. Would imagine the Celtic 'rumour' stems from the fact it is a Dublin paper and their focus on Scottish Football will be predominantly linked to what happens at Parkhead?

Contract renewals must surely be the highest priority for the board and management at the club now?!

They are not considered a senior club due to them being in the Highland League - which is not a senior league.

Senior Leagues in Scotland are third, second, first and SPL, same as in England the senior leagues are EPL, Championship, League One and League Two.

(And if you want to include HL, it wouldn't be Brora anyway, it would be Wick Academy)

Cheers for the link DALNEIGHCALEY!

A really good read; sounds like Richie is really loving Inverness! I'm sure that he will stick around for another pop at the SPL with ICT, considering he stuck it out with us and Terry for a year in the SFL!

Good read and quite encouraging re summer transfers .

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/irish-tr...om-2145817.html

They are not considered a senior club due to them being in the Highland League - which is not a senior league.

Senior Leagues in Scotland are third, second, first and SPL, same as in England the senior leagues are EPL, Championship, League One and League Two.

(And if you want to include HL, it wouldn't be Brora anyway, it would be Wick Academy)

To the best of my knowledge HL clubs are part of the senior set up and are included as such within all structures. That is why you have had chairmen of HL clubs sitting on SFA Committees. Guy from Cove Rangers had a very senior position I think and David Dowling was on one of them.

In the past the term used to be "most northern league club".

Edited by Sorted

Surely ICT must be the most northern team in the league? There's no other team from the Highlands.

Oh no, sorry, I meant the league as in the Scottish Premier League. I don't really pay much attention to the lower divisions :D

and Brora Rangers!

They aren't a senior club

Yes they are, same as everyone else in the Highland League. They just don't play in the Scottish League.

Encouraging piece though and nice to see Foran is looking to stay, from the tone of the article anyway. Would imagine the Celtic 'rumour' stems from the fact it is a Dublin paper and their focus on Scottish Football will be predominantly linked to what happens at Parkhead?

Contract renewals must surely be the highest priority for the board and management at the club now?!

They're a non league side not a senior league side :D

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

Their a non league side not a senior league side :D

They are a Senior side who play non league football. Senior teams are all full members of the SFA which is what you have to be to be in the Highland League and (I think) East of Scotland and South of Scotland leagues. Junior clubs would have to become senior clubs and join the SFA should they ever want to be play in the SFL, hence the touchy subject of junior sides playing in the Scottish Cup which some smaller Senior clubs believe hurts them financially as they go through the process and pay the fees to be members of the SFA while Junior sides can now wander in, like Irvine Meadow this year, and get a big game and the financial windfall while adding nothing to the Senior game. ;-)

Nice article. The club should get Richie to sell the club and area to potential signings in the summer. I read another article with hi some time ago and its clear that he loves life up here. Sometimes theres more to consider than money alone. And for that reason...im quietly confident the Richie will stay with us.

hopefully richie take jonny under his wing, gets him to sign a long contract as well as the other boys as well.

p.s technically if you look at a map, elgin are the most northerly club in terms of position as elgin is above dingwall if you draw lines.