FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The "Flag " incident

BornCaley

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh god hope i didn't offend anyone last night with my celebratory drinking of guinness..

jings. some people need to lighten up. we won 7-0, we have won the league and three players who arguably won it for us are irish, thus people want to get behind them.

oh god hope i didn't offend anyone last night with my celebratory drinking of guinness..

Guinness is inherently racist as it has a white head suppressing the black liquid below.

Best stick to lager.

Guinness is inherently racist as it has a white head suppressing the black liquid below.

Best stick to lager.

Why don't you just have a nice glass of milk? Oh no wait, that'll be discriminatory against black people!

Irish, English, Lativan and Scottish flags it is then.

Fair play to the them wearing the Irish tops yesterday imho. I would love to see the 3 Irish players with US next season.

Don't think I'd like the site of England flags at ICT!

Go well with some of the Rangers tops we see so regularly :blush02: !

Could we have a list of the flags that cause mischief?

Assuming you are unfamiliar with the more rancid elements of Scottish football (otherwise I'd be stating the obvious), how about:

1) Irish flag

2) British flag

3) English flag

4) Any flag with a swastika on it.

This list is by no means comprehensive.

I hasten to add that I personally have no time for this tricolour/union flag cr&p, however, I do not pretend to be unaware of it's existence.

I also hope it is not in order of offensiveness in your eyes!

Not at all - I know what you are trying to imply but I find neither the Irish nor the British flag offensive. Nor indeed the English flag for that matter.

And I favour neither of the old firm, being totally indifferent to the whole Rangers/Celtic thing. (Oops - did I give something away by naming them in that order? :blush02: )

Actually, I'm rather fond of ICT and go to watch them quite a lot!

Assuming you are unfamiliar with the more rancid elements of Scottish football (otherwise I'd be stating the obvious), how about:

1) Irish flag

2) British flag

3) English flag

I hasten to add that I personally have no time for this tricolour/union flag cr&p, however, I do not pretend to be unaware of it's existence.

What does the 'British flag look like?

1) Irish flag

2) British flag

3) English flag

Thank you for that.

I look forward to flying my Afghan flag in peace when we sign our trialist CF Mustapha Topshot.

You also forgot the Red Hand of Ulster and the Palestinian flag as apparently they cause mischief too.

To be honest, i am much more concerned that there appears to be an element of our support (tiny and uneducated it may be) that seem so keen to seek divide or bigoted elements when they don't exist. A few you lads with the flag of Eire in support of the Dublin three and a couple of ROI football tops are easy targets for narrow minds.

Suggest you spend less time worrying about those who may take offence and join in the fun for the fabulous trio that are Rooney, Foran and Hayes.

Fair play to the them wearing the Irish tops yesterday imho. I would love to see the 3 Irish players with US next season.

Don't think I'd like the site of England flags at ICT!

Why, what's so offensive about it? One half of the ICT management team is English, as are plenty of the ICT players and supporters. Or is it just for silly petty reason....?

1) Irish flag

2) British flag

3) English flag

What does the 'British flag look like?

This perhaps...

Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.png

Edited by Renegade

It's the British flag, I don't know why (or care) that it's got that cross, that's the way it is.

Ren, thats the union flag of Great Britian and Northern Ireland designed in 18 0 something. It features the white saltire on a blue background, the cross of David on a white background and also the red saltire of NI on a white background.

It's the British flag, I don't know why (or care) that it's got that cross, that's the way it is.

Ren, thats the union flag of Great Britian and Northern Ireland designed in 18 0 something. It features the white saltire on a blue background, the cross of David on a white background and also the red saltire of NI on a white background.

The current Union Flag is an updated version of the original and its creation follows the Act of Union with Ireland (that's the WHOLE of Ireland) in 1801. When the Irish Free State went its separate way following the 1921 Treaty, the Union Flag remained unchanged.

The fundamental question about flags at football grounds surely must be - is the flag being shown for genuinely football purposes or is there a significant Sectarian/political dmiension.

There is a perfectly good reason for ICT fans to show an Irish tricolour as a tribute to three citizens of that country who have played such an integral part in this season's promotion.

Celtic fans previously flying the Swedish flag in tribute to Henrik Larsson was equally legitimate.

Celtic flying the tricolour (which they did above Parkhead until relatively recently) or Celtic fans flying one is a little more debatable. They are very much an "Irish" club (although you could question the legitimacy of that in scottish football but on the other hand you have to suspect a political dimension.

On the other hand Rangers fans displaying the Red Hand flag has to be blatantly sectarian since there is no conceivable link with their club APART from a Sectarian/ political statement about the Six Counties.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Don't forget Spannish!!!!

Rediculous.. Do people even know what the Tri-Colour means? Green for Catholic, White for Peace, Orange for Protestant = A peacefull country between the two. There are other reasons for it being the way it is, but i can assure you that is one of them. Anyone taking offence is ignorant to the highest order.