FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rooney & Hayes to Doncaster?

Beer Monster

It would be really daft for the pair to leave now. The squad are playing so well together, they may as well give life in the SPL together a pop! We seem to be the only club that have ever given either of them a real opportunity and we deserve to be paid back with some loyalty; they are both very young and have plenty of time to move down south.

I think both would be making a mistake in leaving ICT just now. They should give it another season here at least.

The trouble is, I reckon they could double their wages by going to Doncaster. Got to be tempting.

Rooney is still under contract, and I'd like to think Hayes would give us another season of loyalty.

Don't know why anyone would want to sign either of them. Hayes has shown this season he has no end product and Rooney couldn't hit a barn door...

Edited by RiG

Don't know why anyone would want to sign either of them. Hayes has shown this season he has no end product and Rooney couldn't hit a barn door...

I know what you mean RIG, Hayes is slower than a week in jail and Rooney has the composure of a meerkat on e

I just hope Stratford doesn't play. I think he's been the key to the season. It's no surprise that he's refused the offers of these new contracts. I guess he must be foremost in the minds of Championship clubs. Certainly, if I were Doncaster, I'd be concentrating on this midfield dynamo, or our rampaging tiger of a left-back, Lionel Djebi-Zadi. Surely, DZ would be looking far above the Championship though.

Couple of interesting quotes from the Doncasters fans on their forum (Viking Chat):

I know of Adam Rooney. He's scored loads of goals against Queen of the South and it's been a topic of conversation with my QOTS supporting Dad.

Both look decent, I have heard of Adam Rooney, of course he's been banging in the goals. They've both seem to have failed in England mind, but maybe development under Terry Butcher has led them to be good enough. We will only find out of course by signing them! If we can get them both on reasonable fees I say go for it, must be something in this one.

Reminds me of Richard Offiong,failed with us,then scored for fun with Hamilton in the Scottish 1st division,then failed down here again with Carlisle and now playing in Sweden.

They seem to have mixed opinions

Rooney is under contract and possibly extending his contract. If they are keen then i can only see him going for a decent fee.

Hayes is close to signing a new deal going by recent media coverage so would command a fee if Doncaster follow through with their interest.

I hope this is just the usual speculation coming about from scouts being spotted at grounds.

If every scout at games were spotted then the speculation would never end!

I think the scouts would do better if they came to Toronto and watched Chad Barrett and Nick Garcia ... they are truly of a higher calibre than Stratford and LDZ :swear02:

Wouldn't it just be amazing if this scout does come to watch and Rooney and Hayes play bit parts in a 5-0 thrashing with Lionel scoring 5 overhead kicks!

I think signing them up for a championship side is daft considering they are unproved even in the SPL. Any team with a brain would keep an eye on them until Christmas and chart their progress before comitting to buy...

I just hope Stratford doesn't play. I think he's been the key to the season. It's no surprise that he's refused the offers of these new contracts. I guess he must be foremost in the minds of Championship clubs. Certainly, if I were Doncaster, I'd be concentrating on this midfield dynamo, or our rampaging tiger of a left-back, Lionel Djebi-Zadi. Surely, DZ would be looking far above the Championship though.

I don't think it'd do them any good moving just yet. They have managed to prove themselves in the first division, however the Championship is a different story. I think they best say with us for now.

Well Hayes certainly put on a helluva performance for the visiting scouts. He played an absolute blinder and ripped Dundee to shreds.

The scouts can only have one conclusion after seeing that, sign him up aty all costs.

:D :P :007:

Both learning their trade very nicely at ICT, next part of education is in SPL next season, keep improving at that level and they have a great future, far to early for them both to leave.

This post sums it up nicely. It's all very well scoring for fun against part time teams like Raith but think back to when we played Kilmarnock in the cup this season. I recall a certain Cammy Bell having a big say in it... I'm interested to see who will be brought in over the summer and I hope Hayes and Rooney will be with us next season.