FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Division 1 Highlights DVD?

GMD11UK

Has there not been cameras at most games this season? could we not stick some highlights on a dvd, all the goals, some interviews with the players and TB & MM.

Sure even if it was cheaply made it might be something to raise some cash for a rainy day.

could even get a round table intro to each match etc. what the thoughts were before the game, concerns, strategy etc.

i'd buy that if only the the insight into the mindgrapes of tb and some of the key players from each game.

Would rights have to be paid if it was footage taken by our own match photographer who provides the highlights on the official site? Surely this, coupled with interviews with players/Terry &Mo regarding the matches would make quite a full DVD.

Knowing what we had to pay for the rights to put 1 game on to a DVD, it's unlikely to be financially viable to produce a highlights DVD for the whole season....unfortunately.

pretty sure other teams would want a cut of profits seeing as their teams are featured getting humped by super-caley.

might be a price worth paying though. would have been good for this season to have the highlights proceeded by an intro by Butcher,Malpas & Munro.

Doesn't have to even be a dvd, digital download maybe? fans can buy redeemable codes from the shop etc. and then download the package thru the site, include artwork if they want to stick it on a dvd.

wouldn't cost much or take up anyones time too much, just make sure the team doing the highlights get something out of it (beer or free tix).

I'll do some digging and see what info I can gather on the feasibility of such a project. Baring in mind that many people will be taking a hard earned holiday at the season end, then it's not something I'll get answers on over night.

Even though Andy has filmed the latter games, the highlights are copyright to the SFL not the club as far as I am aware so there would not seem to be an issue with dealing with other clubs ... but who knows how the SFL would view it if it was a 'for-profit' venture such as a DVD.

Earlier in the season, the filming was done by someone else and I think that was for internal use in training. That was a commercial company so there could be an issue therev as they would own the footage if not the actual match copyright.

As far as creating a highlights reel rather than a commercial product - we will see what we are allowed to do and when time permits perhaps be able to squeeze that past the censors :party01: