FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Official World Cup Thread

Renegade

some good banter with the neighbours.

post-1912-1276879838_thumb.jpg

Here's a thought - Are England the worst team in the tournament Given the group they are in they should scoosh it. Algeria were far more assured in their passing in my opinion

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another battling draw as England remain unbeaten in the Group of Death

Absolutely, the world's finest teams haven't been able to get the better of them, despite England being faced with the handicap of playing with a different ball to their opponents.

Where or what is Grosblie? Sounds German.

There's been a big red Grosblie banner at quite a few of the games in this tournament, and I recall the very same banner appearing frequently at the last few tournaments too.

Prima Donnas without spirit, energy or desire.

Pathetic, shambolic team. Individually they apparently play out of their skins in the League games but representing their country they pass across and backwards more than in the right direction.

I wonder how Scotland would have fared in comparison. Any views on that?

Prima Donnas without spirit, energy or desire.

Pathetic, shambolic team. Individually they apparently play out of their skins in the League games but representing their country they pass across and backwards more than in the right direction.

I wonder how Scotland would have fared in comparison. Any views on that?

I reckon we'd possibly draw with the U.S. and Beat Algeria. Not sure about beating Slovenia though but given our resorces against the Auld enemies. That's about as good as it could realistically get I reckon. We can always dream :lol:

I've watched both the Slovenia games so far, and if England can't beat Algeria then they won't beat Slovenia either. From what I've seen, Slovenia are a good side, though I think England will certainly up their game.

You can just about sum up the tournament so far by looking at the continents, with only a few exceptions.

The Africans have been a big let down.

Asia/Pacific will go home with a fair amount of credit

The South Americans have been very good, and must be responsible for more attacking than all the other teams added together.

The Europeans have been pretty dismal.

I was shocked Italy got a dodgy penalty today. Didn't the referee realise they wanted a win? I'd have at least expected a red card or two to go with it.

Well done New Zealand. That cheered me up (although I was feeling fairly chipper before it anyway - beautiful weather and no work, y'see)

I think Scotland are about USA/ Algeria/ Slovenia level. Nothing too great in that lot and not much to separate them either. We could have got to the second stage with the right attitude, but then, we would never have been seeded like England.

I still expect England to go through (although I'll happily be cheering on Slovenia). They've got a good squad but it needs a little tinkering. For me, Rooney, on the left, Lampard dropped and Crouch/ Defoe up front.

Where or what is Grosblie? Sounds German.

There's been a big red Grosblie banner at quite a few of the games in this tournament, and I recall the very same banner appearing frequently at the last few tournaments too.

Here

Erm, and the answer is?

I drove past a Burger King earlier this evening. Outside there was a big board advertising a promotion where you can win the chance to watch the World Cup Final (on TV) with Jimmy Greaves.

The place was empty.