FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Confidence running high

PullMyFinger

no your not on your own!

i really think we can do something in the SPL, in my opinion, even though we haven't played SPL teams for a while, i think we are one of the most exciting and maybe best teams in the league.

But, were talking about Caley Thistle,so i wouldn't be suprised about any downfalls.:L

Haven't felt this confidant during a pre-season for many years. I can't help feeling we're in for a massive fall. It's likely my inherant expectation that things must always go wrong if they can do.

Am I alone?

thanks for puting that in my head. why would you even say that tbh?

I am a little wary of our lack of defensive cover and of the lack of experience in the players we are looking at taking in to stiffen us up at the back.

I am confident that we will be strong going forward - Rooney has the ability to score in the SPL and Hayes and Foran will do well also.

I doubt your alone but i have really enjoyed pre season so far and i'm looking forward to the season. At the moment i'd say behind Celtic we have strengthened the strongest and we are still looking to bring players in. Guys like Cox and Hayes could take the SPL by storm next year and with guys like Tokely and Foran etc we have players to keep these guys grounded.

Butcher is projecting a great confidence from these guys, not a complacency but a confidence that i have never seen in any other ICT side. With the condition other clubs are in just now in the SPL compared with the positive hype and excellent signings made so far by the club i think we will excell this year and turn a few teams over on the way.

Edited by ajsict92

We will be fine. We are much better than the teams under real pressure this year - Killie, Buddies and Dons. We will be a match for Accies and Perth Saints. It remains to be seen if one of the top 6 struggles so much they fall into the basement half ( hibs and well i'm thinking ) as the others will be too good for the rest of the league. We will have a chance of the top 6 i think, but will depend on our home form - which I hope we can go with less than 5 defeats before the split.

Think Arabs and Hearts will be closer to the Old Firm this year. Lennon may struggle, but so did rangers when Smith said he was going last time.

Our aim for this season should be SURVIVAL first, then if we get near the top 6 for Xmas we could dream!!!!! Top 6 would be our biggest achievement.

I'm excited most to see how Jonny fares against SPL defences, will be great if he runs riot against them like Div 1.

Think we have enough experience with Tokely, Munro, Golly, Foran, Duncan and Esson providing a formidable backbone to help out the younger lads in our team. Even if Esson doesn't retain the Number 1 jersey we still have a capable replacement with International experience in Tuffey. This will be vital.

Think Odihambo could just have a new found confidence after scoring v Ayr, and also a hat trick already under his belt for pre-season. Him, Hayes, Rooney and Foran have the potential to be a powerful attack for us.

All in all I cannot feckin wait for this season to get underway, really looking forward to it more than I have for a long while.

When you consider that Kilmarnock and St Mirren have lost their key men (Killie are very likely to lose Bryson before the window closes) and that Aberdeen are no great shakes - I think we've every right to be confident of at least staying up.

My money's on the Five season curse hitting St Mirren this season :huh:

Yip far too confident at the moment and ready to be brought back to earth with a bang. We have an excellent team but anyone that was at the Killie cup game will realise that it wont be a walk over no matter how bad the SPL currently is.

With respect, the Kille game would have been a lot closer if it wasn't for our marauding French left back at the time.

Agree about the walkover part though, no matter how keech the likes of St Mirren are, what with them buying nearly the entire Cowdenbeath team, there won't be any easy games.

Yip far too confident at the moment and ready to be brought back to earth with a bang. We have an excellent team but anyone that was at the Killie cup game will realise that it wont be a walk over no matter how bad the SPL currently is.

With respect, the Kille game would have been a lot closer if it wasn't for our marauding French left back at the time.

Agree about the walkover part though, no matter how keech the likes of St Mirren are, what with them buying nearly the entire Cowdenbeath team, there won't be any easy games.

True.. but mind they were near the bottom of the league so we will have more difficult games. Hopefully I'm proved wrong though and romp it

We totally wiped out Motherwell in the cup tie, prior to the Killie Pie game.

I think they were about 6th in the SPL at that time.

I'm very confident of a Top Six spot this season... If they start the season with the same commitment they showed during the second half of last season they'll do very well in this league.

I am confident for the forth coming season. I am confident my realistic goal will be acheived, and that goal is to finnish at worst 11th place. Anything above that will be excellent in my book.

As far as I'm concerned we shouldnt mutter the word relegation until (at the very earliest) Christmas, we have to go out and win as many games as we possibly can playing the same system we used in the first division, once the weather gets awful we can then look at where we stand in the league and what needs to be changed.

Get yer feckin passports ready fer next season boys.

Is Niculae getting married? :ohmy: Are we all invited? :lol:

Nope we are forming a group and singing the feckin caley rap at Eurovision.

What's the group called? Johndo and the Muppets?