FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Away Fans today

Agent N

Was at the game today, thoroughly enjoyed the day, apart from the score.

One thing did occur to me, the behaviour of the self styled greatest fans in the world, who invaded the pitch, fought with stewards, tore out seats and encouraged us to ?join the IRA?, and set off a flare.

I know it is a minority but why do people think they can come to Inverness and behave like this?

The answer to this question is that there is no perceived threat of retaliation from the home support, but today the home and away fans were separated by a walkway, some red/white tape and one steward. If away fans are allowed to continue behaving like this it is only a matter of time before something happens... what would they have done if they had lost today?

I am not saying that all Celtic fans are halfwits, and it was brought to my attention today that they won an award for good behavior after the UEFA cup final although the person who mentioned it to me was unable to tell me who had won prior to Celtic and had there been any winners since.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Flares, smoke bombs etc are the sort of thing that should be allowed and introduced, aslong as they are not let off with the intent of harming anybody, to add a bit of atmosphere into Scottish football. Pitch invaders, well look at Ayr away, wouldn't judge a crowd of about 3000 due to one f@nny running on the pitch. As for singing the pro IRA songs, don't agree with it at all but it doesn't bother me and can sing what they like IMO. When they aren't singing bigoted p!sh they, and the huns, have good supports, and could only wish we would have one like that one day. Bar the knuckle dragging and unwashed jaik smell..

• Agree 1

Did anybody else notice that the stewards took about a minute to respond to the fattest, slowest pitch invader ever? The Celtic physio had to take matters into his own hands.

But I don't really have a problem with the Celtic fans singing the boys of the old brigade. They've done it for decades. I have no stake in Irish politics and I couldn't care less. People are far too easily offended these days. Letting off coloured flairs? That's pretty standard. Not sure how that constitutes a breach of the peace.

A flare is a firearm in the eyes of the law. It clearly states on match tickets that if found with one. You will AT LEAST be removed from the ground and more than likely arrested. No excuse for it what so ever!

what did you expect from the unwashed (m)asses??

* pitch invader

* flare

* neds being bar stewards to the ground's security.

* singing offensive songs about a country most couldn't even point out on a map

(even ones on the back of pizza hut menu's)

t

what did you expect from the unwashed (m)asses??

* pitch invader

* flare

* neds being bar stewards to the ground's security.

* singing offensive songs about a country most couldn't even point out on a map

(even ones on the back of pizza hut menu's)

then horse them out on their bahookies !

One thing did occur to me, the behaviour of the self styled greatest fans in the world, who invaded the pitch, fought with stewards, tore out seats and encouraged us to "join the IRA", and set off a flare.

I know it is a minority but why do people think they can come to Inverness and behave like this?

The answer to this question is that there is no perceived threat of retaliation from the home support, but today the home and away fans were separated by a walkway, some red/white tape and one steward. If away fans are allowed to continue behaving like this it is only a matter of time before something happens... what would they have done if they had lost today?

I am not saying that all Celtic fans are halfwits, and it was brought to my attention today that they won an award for good behavior after the UEFA cup final although the person who mentioned it to me was unable to tell me who had won prior to Celtic and had there been any winners since.

Their fans are generaly twats in their attitude and songs they sing but your higher than thou attidute is boring. One guy invaded the pitch, wow. We had far more invading the pitch against Ayr and that was deemed as a great atmosphere and game by most people. And everyone here was creaming themselves over Antwerp fans posting posting their videos and they had flares so is it only ok when certain team do it?

Maybe it would be better if everyone sat on their arse in silence instead. If you went to a game in Europe or South America that had a real red hot atmosphere you would prob have a heart attack at all the 'bad behaviour.'

• Agree 2

just keep the south stand for away fans, use the whole main stand for home support, and keep the uncovered wing free unless it doesn't sell out or the away fans sell their allocation and want more. keep them separate instead of mixed in.

Only seems to be 2 or 3 teams that have a bit of a foolish support.....i think it must be a central belt thing!

• Disagree 1

I thought the funniest part was when the pitch invader ran and failed to get his wee fat backside over the wall!

And a song for next time perhaps? -

I LOVE IT!

One thing did occur to me, the behaviour of the self styled greatest fans in the world, who invaded the pitch, fought with stewards, tore out seats and encouraged us to "join the IRA", and set off a flare.

Their fans are generaly twats in their attitude and songs they sing but your higher than thou attidute is boring. One guy invaded the pitch, wow. We had far more invading the pitch against Ayr and that was deemed as a great atmosphere and game by most people. And everyone here was creaming themselves over Antwerp fans posting posting their videos and they had flares so is it only ok when certain team do it?

Maybe it would be better if everyone sat on their arse in silence instead. If you went to a game in Europe or South America that had a real red hot atmosphere you would prob have a heart attack at all the 'bad behaviour.'

true, a lot of our fans behave like their are at the theatre or cricket. But, If the s.p.l fine us for celtic fans misbehaving then it would be deeply unfair. TBH, My angst is with the stewards who try to stop us standing up ton sing a lot of the time and when some fat weegie parades around the pitch they take the longest time possible to react to it. Last word on this from me, I don't want to dwell on it. Onwards and upwards lets hopeictscarf.gif

I thought the funniest part was when the pitch invader ran and failed to get his wee fat backside over the wall!

And a song for next time perhaps? -

A good one from section G today though. When the Tims were chanting 'Argentina' and I was wondering what a good reply would be, all the jolly young chappies started giving it 'Thierry Henry'. Which was nice :rotflmao:

Chances are noone will be fined.

Smoke bombs are tiny and can easily be snuck into the ground aswell. Dont think the stewards did much wrong today tbh.

Dunno what there is for you to complain about, at least you know you will be able to sneak a wee half bottle in next time.

Edited by ICTFCkev

Chances are noone will be fined.

Smoke bombs are tiny and can easily be snuck into the ground aswell. Dont think the stewards did much wrong today tbh.

Dunno what there is for you to complain about, at least you know you will be able to sneak a wee half bottle in next time.

ohhhhh.....

i know that old firm fans aren't all scum, but they do have a large number that are. i was verbally abused (and i mean disgustingly) on the way home. and the morons who did it, it seems that i' didn't even try to pretend they were weegie tubes. local accents!!!!! it seems that i'm a pr**k cos i support my local team and not that shower of soap dodgers. best fans in the world my a**e!!!!!!!

To me, Celtic fans will always be remembered for pitch invading morons, flares thrown, idiotic songs, abusing a bus full of disabled ICT fans after our 1.0 scottish cup win and pro IRA nonsense being sung in the town centre.Best fans in the world though, aye right.