FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Easter Road Stewards

Bridge_Ender

It's getting to the point where your going to have to ask permission if you can go for a leak.

"Oh now it's half time folks, you've got 15 minutes to go and get yer pie and sit back down, Yes Mr Ender you can go for a widdle but you'll have to be quick"

One or two guys played a dangerous game goading the stewards but to be honest it was a harmless situation that could have been dealt with a lot better. The stewards just seemed to wade in all guns blazing and hell bent on antagonising everyone in that section. I really felt for the ginger lad a row or two in front of me who I don't even think stood up at all (apart from the odd moment when you think your team might score) and he was chucked at half time. That was utterly farcical.

I saw IHE talk to the stewards and police and he was very calm and only seemed to be asking questions that we all wanted the answers to. He never once got bent out of shape so I was pretty shocked to hear he had been turfed out. Well as shocked as you can be with IHE! :tongue: Stunned that Peter Paul (?) was thrown out.

All in all it was maybe a wee bit daft on the part of some of our guys but the problem all came about from the way it was handled. The stewards were only too happy to wade in and get everyone riled up and cause problems later on. Their attitude was shocking and, as pointed out already, I was a bit bemused that they went on about health and safety when they spent large portions of the game standing in front of us in the rows of seats and also in the aisles as well.

Good to read that the Hibs fans were a bit bemused by the whole situation as well. First time I can remember having this amount of "attention" from the stewards at Easter Road. That said, I wouldn't have minded some attention from the blonde policewoman who came over to us in the first half and later in the second half :blush:

• Agree 2

Supporters Trust e-mail is info@ictsupporterstrust.co.uk and the Trust mobile number is 07879221569. Feel free to get in touch or copy us into any e-mail you decide to send. I have already spoken to someone tonight about someone who was ejected and I'll certainly raise it with ICT in the morning to see if there is anything they can do.

Just to add if anyone does email either ICT or Hibs can you send a copy to the Trust (or copy us in to your email) and also forward any replies you get from either.

i was there - it was extremely heavy handed. this used to be one of the best away grounds to go to. in fact i can recall being at a game there and the stewards going to go up the stand to get the boys to sit down and the policewoman in charge of the stand telling the stewards to leave it! saturday was not good!

I can't help thinking this post is what caused it.

From todays Scotsman:

EDINBURGH PREPARES FOR A HIGHLAND INVASION

BY EWEN "SQUIRREL" MCMURRAY

Lothian and Borders Police have also reassured the council that spot checks for megaphones and loud voices will be randomly carried out.

There's your answer. :notlistening:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

It's a pity that it's the fans who are losing on here. Less revenue for their club and less money for players etc. Tannadice and Easter Road are no-nos for me now. Ill still meet up with folks pre and post match but will just go for something to eat when the game's on.

• Disagree 1

I can't help thinking this post is what caused it.

From todays Scotsman:

EDINBURGH PREPARES FOR A HIGHLAND INVASION

BY EWEN "SQUIRREL" MCMURRAY

Lothian and Borders Police have also reassured the council that spot checks for megaphones and loud voices will be randomly carried out.

There's your answer. :notlistening:

Gawd - you might be rite - do you think that the Hibs officials actually did think that the article was written by a Hearts supporting journalist ??

A couple of Jambos have told me that Hibs head of security was actually working for Hearts last season.... rumour has it from the Hearts fans is that he got the sack and was very unpopular. I know from Hibees as well that they are not happy to see him at their club. He seems to have changed ER for the worse.

I don't recall such draconian stewarding on previous visits to Easter Road.

That's because there hasn't been a problem with them before. We always seem to have a good relationship with the stewards there on previous visits. Odd one.

Maybe a mass protest then walk away from ER next time. There may be only 4 or 5 hundred fans but that still equates to a lot of revenue and when you add to that the wasted food and the cost of unnecessary additional security a complete boycott would cost Hibs dearly. And if other teams followed suit??????

I wasn't there this time cos I'm offshore but I've just read many reasons why I wont be there next time. And thats a shame cos Hibs fans are among the best I've bantered with over the years.

Maybe a mass protest then walk away from ER next time. There may be only 4 or 5 hundred fans but that still equates to a lot of revenue and when you add to that the wasted food and the cost of unnecessary additional security a complete boycott would cost Hibs dearly. And if other teams followed suit??????

I wasn't there this time cos I'm offshore but I've just read many reasons why I wont be there next time. And thats a shame cos Hibs fans are among the best I've bantered with over the years.

I don't get to all that many away games, but as far as boycotting ER goes count me in.

What bugs me even more about this, is the fact that there hasn't been a feckin murmur from Hibs FC by way of an explanation, or God forbid.... even an apology....

It is utterly shameful. Somebody will have to say something.... very soon.

I emailed hibs yesterday at the address provided by the fams on hibs.net and have not received a reply. I explained in the email that I would not be returning to ER unless this was sorted out.My only concern with this action however would be that OUR team clearly appreciate our support especially at away games. It is not a cheap day out to attend away days in the spl but normally they are really good days out and Saturday was no different except for the stewards/police being determined to spoil it.

Staying away is a "win" for the perpetrators - If anything Easter Road should be back to normal for the next trip. Put 26th February in yer diaries - Bounceee 2 will be hitting Embra - with a feckin vengeance.

And here is a wee tune to sing along to. Lets see if we can sneak in a feckin ghetto blaster next time.

My link

How can I send this link to the Easter Road yellow bellies

Staying away is a "win" for the perpetrators - If anything Easter Road should be back to normal for the next trip. Put 26th February in yer diaries - Bounceee 2 will be hitting Embra - with a feckin vengeance.

And here is a wee tune to sing along to. Lets see if we can sneak in a feckin ghetto blaster next time.

My link

How can I send this link to the Easter Road yellow bellies

2 feckin right pal :twothumbsup: Ill always go back, no matter how bad the stewarding

Lothian and Borders police said that they issued one fixed penalty notice during the match, and that there was no arrest. A spokeswoman for the force said: ?We believe that our police response was proportionate to the circumstances.?

You'll be doing the same when the OF, Hearts, Abderdeen and any other club with an away support over 150 then won't you?

Lothian and Borders police said that they issued one fixed penalty notice during the match, and that there was no arrest. A spokeswoman for the force said: ?We believe that our police response was proportionate to the circumstances.?

You'll be doing the same when the OF, Hearts, Abderdeen and any other club with an away support over 150 then won't you?

Best joke today Gringo! ?44 on an afternoon out will go a long way in Edinburgh.

Sorry to sound a bit off hand here but shouldnt Peter Murphy not be representing the views of the fans to the Hibee Management, as Lee McLennan did. In my experience any comments made by individual fans will be treated with a degree of contempt and may be regarded as petty and whingeing but it has more of an effect from a recognised representative of the supporters of a whole.

There is no point in complaining to the Police or Group 4 as that is a closed shop

It can also be copied in to this forum or the main forum, evidently advising the Hibees that this has been done and asking if their response can be posted likewise.

If the Hibees say no to that request then that response can be simply fedback - and that would speak volumes in itself.

Johndo would be happy to provide a draft :biggrin:

Not everybody that attended the game was spoken to by the police/stewards. I enjoyed the afternoons entertainment, but why do we need to have our own fans indulging in this game with the stewards. This comment may not be to everyones liking, especially those that were targetted by the stewards, but lots of folk attended the match without any hassle. I appreciate that the stewarding was not handled very diplomatically, but why is it always the same ones under scrutiny? Does that mean that stewards across the country are all wrong or god forbid, are there some fans not adhering to the policies within the SPL stadiums. In fact, this goes on all over the leagues if they care to uphold the letter of the law. We were asked to sit down at QOS last season. I stood up on occasion at Easter road but being longer in the tooth than most, I sat down after my outbursts and nobody approached me.

It takes two to tango, so unless we are squeaky clean and within our rights, then do we have a leg to stand on............erm, maybe thats not the wisest cliche to use, but you know what I mean.

They have the CCTV footage, not us.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

Dont think anyone is saying that all our fans were whiter than white. However it was all so heavyhanded when a bit of humour and tact would have gone a long way. i was sitting about 3 rows from the back in front of the young crowd and we had hardly kicked off when the stewards were climbing over the top of my knees to get to the younger ones further along the row. The woman steward in question was just so rude telling all around that dont even bother answering her back or youll be ejected. This was carried out for just asking a question? Im a middle aged mum not known for being a hooligan who felt surrounded by the second half just because of where we were sitting. I was there with my 2 sons who I teach to respect the police but surely respect has to be 2 way. it just all seemed to be so ott and unneccessary. dont think Peter Paul is a known hooligan either but he was treated disgracefully as well. I dont expect anything to be done about any of this and just emailed Hibs to see if they would even reply. I just dont like the way paying customers are treated sometimes and have really never felt the need to come on here and moan like this before.Have been other places with awkward stewards but most of the time they are just doing their jobs.OK RANT OVER

Edited by old caley girl
  • Agree 1

It also say in the report that Hibs say there where no arrests which is utter B**llocks. MY mate got charged and being charged now he is back up in Inverness. On the matter of going back to Easter Road again, then yes I certainly will............without a doubt. Despite all the goings on it was truely entertaining and with all this fuss I would love to see what there actions towards ourselves doing the same would be. Finally, I can not wait to see the Hamilton visit and the reaction they get, I would expect there to be a few more fans than us due to the distance being considerably less and I can not wait to see all of them having a wonderful afternoon sitting down, who knows they might be lucky enough to be told to be silent or even even more they could very very very lucky and get chucked out for coughing? Who knows? They'll have to wait and see. ;)

Edited by cookiemonster
  • Agree 1