FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Our strongest starting 11?

AJS

By the time the international break is over we will have the majority of the squad fit and raring to go again :ictscarf: . So who would you pick?

Mine would go...

Esson

McCann, Tokely, Munro, Gillet

Duff, Duncan

Hayes, Odhiambo, Foran

Rooney

Subs: Tuffey, Innes, Cox, Ross, Blumenshtein, Sanchez, Sutherland

• Agree 2

I'd keep Odi as a super sub to cone on later in games. Nick Ross has really grown in confidence and is a bright prospect. Amazing how well he's settled in to putting in a performance at SPL level. Terry certainly has options and I guess it'll come down to who works hardest on training.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

I've become very impressed with young Nick, he's come on leaps and bounds since the start of the season, but he cant keep Foran out of the team for obvious reasons.

Eric deserves to start as can not only score but set up goals, this is what Nick must work on.

So, the original post has my vote.

on paper our strongest 11 is the one that the OP has listed however Nick Ross has been developing very well this season and its very hard to leave him out of the starting line up. He adds a different aspect to our play and seems to be very adaptable in that he can play in a few positions despite his young age. If he keeps on progressing the way he has been then we will have an outstanding player

I think Terry Butcher has been given the best headache a manager can have. The cloud of injuries has produced a silver lining as we have seen what some of our young lads can do. Nick Ross has been very good so far this season and I don't think Butcher will be in any hurry to drop him, particularly as the team has won two in a row.

The big questions for me are at full back and in the hole in front of defence. I think Gillet will return when ready (but a big thumbs up to Shinnie who has let nobody down in recent weeks. I have liked Duff at right back but McCann is good too. Quite like the idea of Foran going through the middle.

Duncan, Cox and Duff could all play in the hole but they can't all be there. I am going to plump for

Esson

Duff Tokely Munro Gillet

Duncan

Hayes Foran Ross

Odhiambo

Rooney

Subs: Tuffy, McCann, Proctor, Shinnie, Blumenshtein, Cox, Sutherland

Edited by DJS

I think Terry Butcher has been given the best headache a manager can have. The cloud of injuries has produced a silver lining as we have seen what some of our young lads can do. Nick Ross has been very good so far this season and I don't think Butcher will be in any hurry to drop him, particularly as the team has won two in a row.

The big questions for me are at full back and in the hole in front of defence. I think Gillet will return when ready (but a big thumbs up to Shinnie who has let nobody down in recent weeks. I have liked Duff at right back but McCann is good too. Quite like the idea of Foran going through the middle.

Duncan, Cox and Duff could all play in the hole but they can't all be there. I am going to plump for

Esson

Duff Tokely Munro Gillet

Duncan

Hayes Foran Ross

Odhiambo

Rooney

I'd go with that team also. Foran has said numerous times he's prefers playing through the middle or as a striker and with the way Nick Ross is playing i dont think we can drop him.

It gives us great attacking options with Hayes on one wing and Ross the other, and the biggest headache for me is whether to play Duff or Mccann.I'd be happy with either though.

Im I right in thinking 75% of heads on here were slagging Nick ross to F about 4/6 weeks ago. Id look for examples but im sure someone can answer it!

Yes they did. Tbh he's playing as good now as he has all sesson, I got accused of being his mate n only bugging him up for that reason... fail.

• Disagree 2

Im I right in thinking 75% of heads on here were slagging Nick ross to F about 4/6 weeks ago. Id look for examples but im sure someone can answer it!

Yes they did. Tbh he's playing as good now as he has all sesson, I got accused of being his mate n only bugging him up for that reason... fail.

I have to say... thats crap, first few games of the season he was poor, got pushed off the ball too easy, didnt get involved, didnt chase back to defend, however i delighted to see he has improved and most of the fans around me in the Bridge end agree that he is looking the part - now!

• Agree 1

Esson

McCann Tokely Munro Gillet

Duncan Cox

Odhiambo

Hayes Rooney Foran

Subs : Tuffey Proctor Duff Blumenstein Ross Sanchez Sutherland

Reserves :

McBain

Morrison

Shinnie

Johnson

I would agree with this with the provider that Cox is being watched closely as he has Duff breathing down his neck. I am curious to see if TnJ will put Cox right back in. Judging by Duff's current form, I think Cox might be benchwarming. Also agree that Ross has come on leaps and bounds, but will never replace a fit Foran.

At the moment, I agree with the OP. However, come the end of season, I expect Eric to have faded and Blumenshtein to have taken over. I can't see Ross lasting (or even being expected to) all season. More power to him whilst he is though.

No-one was "slagging him off", rather giving their view and at times accurate opinion that couple of his performances weren't very good.

If it is my post you referring then you are, as I have already explained, incorrect. Go back and check what I wrote, and should you read it properly, you will see.

Edited by Renegade

Esson

Duff Tokely Munro Gillet

Duncan

Hayes Foran Ross

Odhiambo

Rooney

Fantastic team here DJS, spot on. McCann or Duff is a tough one, i might opt for McCann for his goal against DUFC but apart from that you have to fancy this lineup!

Edited by Northern_jaggie

I have to say... thats crap, first few games of the season he was poor, got pushed off the ball too easy, didnt get involved, didnt chase back to defend, however i delighted to see he has improved and most of the fans around me in the Bridge end agree that he is looking the part - now!

Are you sure that was this season???

He was good against the tic on the opening day, and he made the goal for Rooney at Fleetwood, the only pre season game I saw. A lot of us felt last season he was too lightweight to make an impact but they must have done a lot of hard work on him since.