FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V Falkirk (matchday thread)

Scotty

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a much better result then last week.  6 games without defeat.  Well done lads, you got lucky.  But then again, you have to have guts to win after being 2 goals down.  3 Keepers errors though apparently.

Just came back after half time from a very poor non-league cup game, put on BBC radio and found out Falkirk were 2-0 up.

But, I did decide to keep listening, which is the best decission of this weekend.

What an amazing comeback, what a great achievement, nothing but admiration from the Netherland !!!! I am off, grabbing a beer or two to celebrate this remarkable victory !!!!! :clapping04:

Fantastic result, well done Rankin great to see him on the score sheet.  Free kicks were his speciality at Ross County so now he's off the mark lets hope he bangs in a few more this season!

Speaking of humble pie got a text from my dad at HT saying, and I quote

" Usual rubbish, CC has no idea "

Think he'll be munching on some as well!!!

What a day!

Guest samuelbarros

Fantastic comeback!!

To be honest, I was not surprised to hear they were losing but delighted to see them make a such major comeback.

It's already starting to look like we'll be safe in the SPL for another year.

All in all, it's turned out to be a superb start to the season with only one really bad result on the opening day.

Well done Charlie and the boys!!

FULL TIME STATS

GOALS: ICT 3 FALKIRK 2

SHOTS ON: ICT 6 FALKIRK 2

SHOTS OFF: ICT 2 FALKIRK 2

CORNERS: ICT 5 FALKIRK 3

FOULS: ICT 10 FALKIRK 7

YELLOW: ICT 2 FALKIRK 2

RED: ICT 0 FALKIRK 0

CROWD: 3,749

Great result after a poor first half performance - after the substitutions a completely different team

excellent subsitution and for the SECOND time in 3 weeks it sounded like ICT only started playing when RICHIE HART came on

Point taken Scotty, however you must remember that he might be a great Sub, but a rubbish starting player.

It was more the change of formation that won us the game other than the personnel.

For the first 60-65 minutes we were MINCE - possibly the worst performance of the season. Falkirk could easily have been 3 or 4 up with Latapy running the show.

Then CC made the double substitution, went 3 up front, and the rest is history  :001:

Rankins goals, especially the second were class although he had a pretty shoddy game prior to that.

Well done the lads for a FANTASTIC fightback - its just a shame it took us an hour to wake up  :006:

JOHN RANKIN - BBC Sportsound Man of the Match

I don't think the BBC had someone at the game then.

I think the MOtM point is being missed there - regardless of how poor any of our team was for 60 minutes it could only be Rankin ( or Higgins ) who got MOtM...his goals won the game - end of story.

Think it was the change of formation that changed the game today (as well as the Falkirk keeper  :015:) But while everyone is praising Hart I have to say I thought Wyness did more when he came on than most of the others did in the whole game. His link up play was excellent and the use of his ball was intelligent, he even managed a couple of Wyness shuffles which haven't been seen for a while.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Think it was the change of formation that changed the game today (as well as the Falkirk keeper  :015:) But while everyone is praising Hart I have to say I thought Wyness did more when he came on than most of the others did in the whole game. His link up play was excellent and the use of his ball was intelligent, he even managed a couple of Wyness shuffles which haven't been seen for a while.

Wyness was definitely the one for me who changed the game - him and Dargo upfront next week !!