FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Airdrie United

ilpadrino

Oh dear! After the original apology:

Saturday's Match Programme

I would like to unreservedly apologise for the error on our Remembrance programme which resulted in the wrong photograph being used for the front cover.

The original match sponsor for the game was Network Rail so I decided to base our Remembrance programme images on wartime trains. A number of photos were considered and when the final choice was made, the wrong image was lifted which was almost identical to the one that I had selected. Unfortunately it showed German soldiers instead of allied troops with the nurses.

As a Club, we are hugely supportive of Remembrance and have dedicated our Remembrance weekend programme to poppyscotland for a number of years. We always have a minutes silence and we also played in special strips bearing the poppy, all of which makes the programme gaffe very embarrassing.

Personally, I am devastated at this unfortunate mistake as I am immensely passionate about Remembrance and wear my poppy with pride, however you can be assured that the same mistake will never be made again.

Jim Ballantyne

Chairman

Airdrie United FC

They're now having to apologise again:

Network Rail

In view of recent press coverage, Airdrie FC would like to clarify the situation in relation to Network Rail.

Network Rail had discussed the possibility of sponsoring the match but did not proceed and so are in no way associated with the image that subsequently appeared in the match programme.

Airdrie FC is delighted that Network Rail supports the Airdrie Aces, the club's junior supporters group, and makes a valued contribution to the club's efforts in the community. Ongoing support from Network Rail makes these community initiatives possible and is extremely important to the Club.

Airdrie FC would like to apologise for any embarrassment that this may have inadvertently caused Network Rail.

Airdrie made a mistake and that should be the end of it. They donate the proceeds of their programme at this time of year, every year, to Poppy Scotland and should be commended for this. Not ridiculed for a stupid photo that the person who selected it probably had no idea about.

• Disagree 2