FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Some Stats

Caley

This is definitely the best start we've ever had to an SPL season. Our all-time record in the SPL after 14 games is:

2004/05 Points 12, GD -9;

2005/06 Points 17, GD -2;

2006/07 Points 19, GD 0;

2007/08 Points 13, GD -12;

2008/09 Points 14, GD -6;

2010/11 Points 24, GD +8;

In the past 6 seasons the teams who were in 6th place after the 33-game split were:

2004/05 Motherwell, 43 points;

2005/06 Aberdeen, 48 points;

2006/07 Hibs, 44 points;

2007/08 Aberdeen, 44 points;

2008/09 Hibs, 42 points;

2009/10 Hearts, 44 points;

So 44 points seems to be the target to aim for. 1 win in 3 between now and the split would give us about 42 points and if you toss in a few draws then a top 6 finish is very achievable this season.

I think we'll do it. Any doubters?

• Agree 2

Should we be putting money on Ross County and Aberdeen to get relegated?

No, but there's nothing to stop you sitting back with a nice coffee or beer and holding that wonderful thought for a while!

Personally I'd much rather Hamilton went down from the SPL.

Good work Caley, and while i believe we can do it, i have my doubts. While the spirit of team is obviously great and all of the players are playing to a very high standard, the way we play makes us reliant on two forward players to create and score our goals on the break. What happens if those players get injured or are sold? The squad is small and we don't have replacements of the same quality. I think we're stick-ons for a top 8 finish, and the 15 point gap we've opened with Hamilton makes relegation unthinkable, but top 6 might be pushing it just a bit. Of course, if we keep the team together and the Irishmen stay injury free then we might just pull it off. Here's hoping.

Good work Caley, and while i believe we can do it, i have my doubts. While the spirit of team is obviously great and all of the players are playing to a very high standard, the way we play makes us reliant on two forward players to create and score our goals on the break. What happens if those players get injured or are sold? The squad is small and we don't have replacements of the same quality. I think we're stick-ons for a top 8 finish, and the 15 point gap we've opened with Hamilton makes relegation unthinkable, but top 6 might be pushing it just a bit. Of course, if we keep the team together and the Irishmen stay injury free then we might just pull it off. Here's hoping.

I recall another team recently overturned that number of points. I do agree we might struggle a wee bit once suspensions and injuries start to happen. Just enjoying things at the moment :thumbup:

A lot of ifs in there. With Rooney dithering over a contract there's a fair chance somebody will make an offer during the window. Hayes has attracted a fair bit of interest too. And the squad is pretty tight before the winter starts to take its toll. However what the other teams don't have at the moment is the ICT spirit.

i certainly think we can do it

however i think we have been lucky of late and sooner or later the run will end. plus we are on our arse as a squad(im sure i saw a game recently were terry said we only had 17 players) we need to keep who we have fit and we desperately need to hang on to our players in january, if my hunch is correct then we are likely to lose Johnny, hopefully for 6 figures but i can see the second half of the season being alot harder

This is definitely the best start we've ever had to an SPL season. Our all-time record in the SPL after 14 games is:

2004/05 Points 12, GD -9;

2005/06 Points 17, GD -2;

2006/07 Points 19, GD 0;

2007/08 Points 13, GD -12;

2008/09 Points 14, GD -6;

2010/11 Points 24, GD +8;

In the past 6 seasons the teams who were in 6th place after the 33-game split were:

2004/05 Motherwell, 43 points;

2005/06 Aberdeen, 48 points;

2006/07 Hibs, 44 points;

2007/08 Aberdeen, 44 points;

2008/09 Hibs, 42 points;

2009/10 Hearts, 44 points;

So 44 points seems to be the target to aim for. 1 win in 3 between now and the split would give us about 42 points and if you toss in a few draws then a top 6 finish is very achievable this season.

I think we'll do it. Any doubters?

I THINK WE CAN DO IT TOO

Just wanted to point out that the above is the points totals for the 6th place team but what we are actually interested in is what was the points totals for position 7 ? as long as we are better than 7th we are in the top 6 !!!

I think 42 will be a good guesstimate.