FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New faces in January...

Johnboy

not surprised he is looking at a couple of faces...even on loan as we have been lucky that nick and graeme have been so good....if they hadnt i think the injuries we have suffered would have led to us having a very different time of things

nice to see mikey fraser giving us the credit and wouldnt say no to a wee trip to malta to see us play them at a european level

May not have to look as far as England though it would be a good prospect, at present we are one of the best sides in the SPL and the likes of Dundee Utd, Hearts etc have got big squads with players who aren't getting a game that would probably benefit from a run of games for us and that would be good enough to aid us in our push for top 6/Europe.

Edited by ajsict92

Interesting article, with praise from an unlikely source.

See here..

Who might he have in mind?

I'm hearing that Terry had a long chat with a certain Willie Mcstay while ICT were training through at the Highland football Academy in Dingwall

Possible further raid on our village neighbours could be on the cards??

dougal

Not sure we need anyone in defence now. We've got Proctor, Innes and Billet all coming back. That's fine. To improve we'd need a class player that's an automatic choice. They're difficult to find.

If Duff is, as is likely, going to continue at RB, then maybe a central mid. Definitely a striker. Only Sutherland can play the Rooney role. Other than that, moving the likes of Odi, Gil or Foran up would mean completely changing our game style.

I'm hearing that Terry had a long chat with a certain Willie Mcstay while ICT were training through at the Highland football Academy in Dingwall

Possible further raid on our village neighbours could be on the cards??

Or perhaps trying to offload. Golly or Roy?

Lovely to hear Michael Fraser expressing his support for caley :smile:

Think he's a Caley fan though? Anyone know how he's getting on in Malta?

Seems to be enjoying himself - there was a good article about him in last weeks sun

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3259755/Im-not-Michael-freezer.html

Probably just welcoming to the Highlands and reminding him who the bigger club is!

Don't think there is anyone at County that would improve our squad anyway

I wouldn't mind seeing Vigurs back at ICT, but I doubt it will happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing one of the loan signings will be an extension of the one for Kevin McCann.

Hmmmm... Not sure about McCann. Are the club paying his wages? From speaking to Hibs fans down here it was a case of getting him match fit and then taking him back to Leith. Is it worth keeping him on loan if ICT are paying the wages? There must be a few players in the premiership or Championship who could be signed on loan deals.

Agreed with Renegade. McCann is a decent defender but he can be very woeful going forward at times. Duff has a better balance of defensive and attacking qualities and the defence seems to play better with him at the back.

Even if TB does want McCann back if he dosent recover from this injury then there is no point in extending his loan.

Nah, not agreed. Duff is our first choice RB, with Proctor coming back too as cover and Tokely able to go back there if needed. I don't think we need anything other than squad players (or someone exceptional - hard to find on a budget) for the defence. Maybe a younger centre-back to take over from Innes and develop.

I'd rather another centre midfielder at this stage. Duncan and Cox have blown hot and cold together (currently hot). I quite like to see Proctor as a defensive midfielder (so a cover for both Duncan at DM and Duff at RB) but only Duff can take Cox's more central midfield passing position and I'd rather he stayed at RB. I'd have a look at that position.

Must also think about a striker. So far, only Sutherland can take Rooney's position. Using Odi, Sanchez or Gill would mean altering tactics - maybe Foran could do a job but that has other problems. I'd be quite happy though to see this season out. Find out if we've got Rooney next year, then decide if we need a squad player or first team regular. Of course, it'd be great getting someone in as good as a first pick but prepared to bide his time. That's unlikely I'd say.

We don't need anyone in, and as someone said before it could well be guys like golly or roy leaving. As long as we can keep hold of our star players during the window there really isn't any need for additional signings. We have a squad that is pretty much covered unless something drastic happens in terms of injuries.

As it stands, and unlike previous seasons, I really dont think we are desperate for a player in any position. Terry has a small squad - as evidenced by the weeks where he has only listed 5 or 6 subs - but he does seem to have cover almost all over the park so the question would have to be "is someone available, and affordable who is better than what we have?". If someone like that becomes available, then fair enough, if not, then as its clearly not broken, it dont need fixed !!!

I agree with those that say we will need to wait and see what - if anything - the window does to us. If we were to lose Rooney or Hayes for example, then we would indeed have a huge hole to fill in either position, but if we can come through the window relatively unscathed then we are good.

I also would not look to offload Roy or Golly. Veterans they may be, but they can still do a job on the left if required. If either player got an offer that interested them, perhaps as player/coach somewhere then perhaps, but otherwise they are still decent cover.

whatever happens ... I trust Terry & Mo to do whats best ..... sitting back right now and thinking about this response, it seems incredible to think just how young some of the players are that Terry has given a chance to and who we quite easily regard as crucial to our plans - Shinnie, Ross, Hayes, Cox, Rooney, Odi - and this mirrors what TB/MM started but did not finish at Motherwell ..... if we do lose any, then I am confident, Terry can pick up a gem or two elsewhere.