FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchnight Thread: ICT -V- Celtic

Scotty

so gutted i couldnt make it dam university and classes ah well was a joy to watch in the pub and was even better when the streams of celtic fans just left without a word or a whimper. Shame this performance wasnt more often or a top 6 spot would have been a certainty but thats history tonight belongs to us and what a performance it was. I was very impressed with ross and sutherland against decent players. Special mention must go to the back 4 and esson who were terrific apart from the celtic equaliser. Grant was surperb all over the pitch u cant say he doesnt deserve another 12 months that guy is inverness through and through. And then we come to Adam what can i say the best game he has played for a long while he was everywhere and that is why we want to keep him because when he is in the mood like that he is as good as anything the SPL great night lets partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blimey, I wasn't expecting that. Great stuff, well done to the entire team for that performance.

And well done to any fans who had the belief to back us 11/1. Wish I'd been so brave.

What an incredible night of football. Every player played for the team tonight and took full advantage of the position we were in. Celtic may be able to play smart football at times but their lack of experience in this type of game really showed tonight.

Full marks for everyone tonight, not one player had a bad game in anyway but no one played better than Grant Munro...please, please, please Butcher re think this move that you are about to make.

I'am a very proud Caley Thistle supporter tonight, having watched yet another make shift team produce a magical performance against arguably the best side in the league. Its what seperates us from the rest.

Lee Cox was the best player on the park. He made Kayal look very ordinary.

so so proud, i was nearly in tears when munro scored. please please please keep him, i feel every single player out their was showing their worth to terry so hope he changes his mind over a couple of decisions.

also heard the difference between 7th and 8th is 80k. could go towards a testimonial fund..........

amazing, thank you caley thistle.

Was miffed with a 6 O'clock kick off, miffed with rushing to get back to Inverness,had a quick bite to eat and miffed with getting bogged down in the traffic, with thoughts of a demoralized ICT side as players are leaving.

Once in a life time was being played on the tannoy on arrival, I got a wee shiver and had a feeling that something special may happen tonight.

That for me was my most enjoyable game of the season, we really whipped their asses not just slightly but well and truly, Shane made the player of the year look like a ball boy!!!! Stand up and take note Levein, I saw many players worthy of a call up tonight and if you need any more guidance they were all wearing Red and Blue, what a perfect team performance, the only thing that was missing were more goals as we deserved to bag a few more.

You have all done yourselves, your team, your manager, your club, your fans, your city and the Highlands proud, very proud, well done.

• Agree 7

Couldn't get to the game but listened to the 2nd half on the BBC. Obviously it was a terrific performance from the whole team, but I have a question for those who saw the game either live or on the box. Foran was not in the side today and I wonder whether others think that was a factor in a better team performance? Over the season there have been differing views regarding Foran and his captaincy in particular. Would the team be better if it was Munro who stayed and Foran who left?

• Disagree 1

Couldn't get to the game but listened to the 2nd half on the BBC. Obviously it was a terrific performance from the whole team, but I have a question for those who saw the game either live or on the box. Foran was not in the side today and I wonder whether others think that was a factor in a better team performance? Over the season there have been differing views regarding Foran and his captaincy in particular. Would the team be better if it was Munro who stayed and Foran who left?

No

Couldn't get to the game but listened to the 2nd half on the BBC. Obviously it was a terrific performance from the whole team, but I have a question for those who saw the game either live or on the box. Foran was not in the side today and I wonder whether others think that was a factor in a better team performance? Over the season there have been differing views regarding Foran and his

captaincy in particular. Would the team be better if it was Munro who stayed and Foran who left?

Think that's a bit harsh really. Forans put in some great shifts this season against both sides of the old firm and we also never had him last weekend and we were stinking.

I think tonight we had a real go against a team under pressure and our players and fans were relaxed with nothing much to lose and a few points to prove. A terrific performance and I don't ever recall playing such a 'big' game without feeling any pressure at all throughout.

On the negative, Rooneys won a few more admirers with that show :(

What a great night to be an ICT supporter.

Best game of the season by far and the whole side deserve special mention. Almost greetin when Grantie scored, awesome stuff, so proud. We defended brilliantly and I don't think Adam Rooney has played better. He led the Celtic back four a merry dance, oh how I laughed.

Great to stick one right up the old firm jacksie and spoil their day out. :twothumbsup::twothumbsup::twothumbsup:

Buzzin.

• Agree 1

I've no idea what the dressing room dynamics are like but I very much doubt we'd be better if Foran left, Hayes wasn't playing either but I'm sure noone wud not want him to go. Not sure why Butcher can't see his way to keeping both Foran and Granty in the team.

Edited by fraz

Can you not just enjoy this result?

Well, how good was that? Watched it with a bar full of Rangers fans. I think I am now a Freeman of Ibrox! As the only, visible, ICT, real supporter in the bar, I am sure I accepted this accolade, plus the offer of sex with just about any of the wives/girlfriends there! For me this certainly matches our previous 3-2 home victory, and even comes close to 8/2/2000, if that's possible.

I cannot say how proud I am of this performance. Surely Grant Munro's display of commitment will make Tel rethink for a further year, But for me, our MOM, amidst 11 stars, is Gillet. After a dodgy first 20 minutes, he was immense.

All in all, I can't think of a performance from the whole team, which, pound for pound, matches that, in a long time.

I bask in the reflected glory of what supporting ICT means to all of us.