FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

GRANT MUST STAY !

Fanoffooty

Delighted to hear he played well again.

But can anyone explain why he seldom demonstrated his importance to the team earlier in the season? The obvious explanation is that he is now fighting hard to win a next contract (either here or elsewhere) but does that not sort of suggest that he wasn't giving 100% previously?

• Agree 3

Delighted to hear he played well again.

But can anyone explain why he seldom demonstrated his importance to the team earlier in the season? The obvious explanation is that he is now fighting hard to win a next contract (either here or elsewhere) but does that not sort of suggest that he wasn't giving 100% previously?

To be fair to him he did admit in a recent interview he needed to refocus and that he may have got rusty. He is going about it the right way - so once more AYE

Looking back over match reports, Munro started the season well, had a dip, got farmed out to full-back, then got on back form towards the end. Not too unusual for many players - has Rooney or Ross or Cox been any more consistent?

• Agree 2

Looking back over match reports, Munro started the season well, had a dip, got farmed out to full-back, then got on back form towards the end. Not too unusual for many players - has Rooney or Ross or Cox been any more consistent?

They certainly haven't been anywhere as near consistant as Grant but they are in the Richie Foran clique so are basically bullet proof

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

persoally i thought cox and ross have been very constitent when you consider their age but no player has been consistent bar ryan esson.

i dont think its a matter of consistency i just think terry wants fresh faces to move forward, however im still saying AYE!!

Edited by lukemackay

na dont think it will happen. speaking to russel duncan, munro was told he was leaving because ict could pay 3 young boys wages for the same money they pay him. had to go to free the cash.

time for fresh faces. there were too many players from peles days.

• Disagree 1

He was excellent tonight. But with the guard of honour at full time i'd say it is unlikely he will be here. Really hope im wrong though.

Edited by ajsict92

Another top performance last night 100% committed. Really unsure to Butcher's thinking here. Could understand if a replacement had made the breakthrough this season and he was sitting on the bench more often than not but this has not been the case. To find a replacement with that much experience on our budget will be some achievement.

Cant believe Butcher never gave Grant the chance to receive a proper goodbye from the fans by taking him off a couple of minutes before the end. The entire stadium would have been on their feet and I'm sure it would have meant so much to him.

Thought it was really poor.

As the club allowed Golly, Duncan, Munro and McBain to be presented with a token of our (the fans) gratitude for service over the years after Wednesdays game then I've resigned myself to the fact that their will be no change of heart on the matter.

• 2 weeks later...

It was said on Radio Scotland Local news that hes signed, Fair play, its just over the bridge so he doesnt need to up lift, Best of luck to him and Thank your

Ross County have signed a premier legaue player there. Glad he hasnt had to move away at all. Hope all goes well for him.