FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Pre-Season Thread

Guzz

Thursday night hospitality in Bath, where you gonna be?

Many moons ago when the Rovers played at Twerton we drank in the Golden Fleece a proper pub, aint got a clue what its like now, but if its still there thats where we will be.

Many moons ago when the Rovers played at Twerton we drank in the Golden Fleece a proper pub, aint got a clue what its like now, but if its still there thats where we will be.

Where the feck have ya been man - you should be leading the tribes - there are 389 of us in Bristol on Thursday.

Following on from what others have said, I reckon that this period just now could be one of the most defining moments of the last few years. Next season will really show what this club is made of. - will it become a truly established SPL or will it eventually disappear from where whence it came. Getting rid of a couple of experienced, established players was a massive gamble in the hands of Butcher. If he gets it right, then the future could be bright for ICT, if he gets it wrong, then it could have disastrous consequences.

I would view next year as the year to stabilise the club and look to a mid table placement and safety as sooon as possible. The trick will then be to keep the same squad of players together and reap the benefit for the following season.

Lets face it we are still not in the ralms of simply expecting a Top Six finish - we are a club who once again is trying to establish itself as a SPL outfit - both on and off the park.

As I have said in another thread the only issue that I have with TB is the "hoofing" of Munro (apt statement !!)but he is building for the future and this will take a bit of time. I also suspect that we will be looking to play the stamina card this season, trying to be stronger defensively at home and we are really made to play on the break away from home.

People are talking about "experience" but at the back we do have Tokely and Esson and Foran has to be the "leader" this season - plus in Shinnie, Ross, Sutherland we actually have yoof with SPL experience - if we can get Hayes and Doran ticking I personally feel that it could be an exciting year.

Agree about a central defender but lets wait and see what trialist pitches up this week.

Where the feck have ya been man - you should be leading the tribes - there are 389 of us in Bristol on Thursday.

The Golden Fleece Public House Twerton.

Address: Avon Buildings, Lower Bristol Road, Bath, Somerset, BA2 1ES

Railway Stations - Oldfield Park (0.4 miles), Bath Spa (1.5 miles)

Twerton Park is two minutes walk from the pub.

Will be in Bristol Wednesday.

The Golden Fleece Public House Twerton.

Address: Avon Buildings, Lower Bristol Road, Bath, Somerset, BA2 1ES

Railway Stations - Oldfield Park (0.4 miles), Bath Spa (1.5 miles)

Twerton Park is two minutes walk from the pub.

Will be in Bristol Wednesday.

About feckin time too !! :nanananana:

The voddie, the coke, the Stellas' all packed, oh and the bags are packed,Caley the Staffy at the dog sitter, card and cash sorted, car checked and fuelled

Let CaleyAway 2011/12 party begin :party::drinking05::drinking01::ictscarf:

Setting off for south west shortly.

What train from Bristol goes through Oldfield Park ?

Plenty out to Oldfield Park a few departures from Bristol Temple Meads

15.44 arr 15.57

16.49 arr 17.03

17.06 arr 17.21

17.14 arr 17.25

17.49 arr 18.03

Return from Oldfield Park

22.28 arr BTM 22.44

23.05 arr BTM 23.23

last train is 23.34 arr BTM 00.10

Or Friday morning 05.58 arr BTM 06.20 :twothumbsup:

Hope this helps.

What train from Bristol goes through Oldfield Park ?

Plenty out to Oldfield Park a few departures from Bristol Temple Meads

15.44 arr 15.57

16.49 arr 17.03

17.06 arr 17.21

17.14 arr 17.25

17.49 arr 18.03

Return from Oldfield Park

22.28 arr BTM 22.44

23.05 arr BTM 23.23

last train is 23.34 arr BTM 00.10

Or Friday morning 05.58 arr BTM 06.20 :twothumbsup:

Hope this helps.

Will be aiming for Bath for a decent time after a few hours in Bristol. Will head for the Fleece if it is that handy for ground etc. Is there a bar at the ground?

We signed a guy called Billy Mckay today. Apparently got injured very early on in training.

Are you sure? ive just heard that he's gone on trial at AFC Wimbledon

He came off injured in training yesterday so i doubt he would already be having a trial elsewhere. I'll try to find out tonight for you though.