FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Pre-Season Thread

Guzz

I'm all booked up.flying to Bristol staying there Thursday then don't know.if it all goes wrong there's horse racing at bath and Newbury all weekend to make it a worth while trip.

How are peeple getting around fer the trip - I am looking to a the old "tent" venture to Yeovil and on to Bristol - may stay in London with ma daughter - on to Plymouth - where I can stay with an old work friend - and back to Chorley fer work on the Tuesday - what are everyone else doing ? Anyone wish to join me on ma travel - will be driving maself but with late starts!!

How are peeple getting around fer the trip - I am looking to a the old "tent" venture to Yeovil and on to Bristol - may stay in London with ma daughter - on to Plymouth - where I can stay with an old work friend - and back to Chorley fer work on the Tuesday - what are everyone else doing ? Anyone wish to join me on ma travel - will be driving maself but with late starts!!

Myself, Govan Jaggie and Red Card are going down for Bristol. We were going to get in touch with you once it's properly confirmed. I believe Plymouth is cancalled though? GJ was saying something about a tent as well lol I am planning all three games but that may not be the case for the others. Once it's confirmed i'll speak to them about what's what.

Planning the 0810 flight to Bristol from Glasgow. Anyone else? Kilts essential. I hope you have a big tent Johndo!

Possibly. Myself & T6NY are discussing coming down for the Bristol game. Creature comforts for me though - I'll get a hotel.

Bristol's a good night out - the wife and I stopped off there on the way back from our honeymoon.

Edited by alternative maryhill

Well it is only 35 miles between Yeovil and Bristol and regular connections but 96 miles from Bristol to Aldershot. 181 miles from Chorley to Bristol and 235 miles from Aldershot to Chorley. I may be looking to stay with my daughter in London for the Aldershot game.

Yeovil and Bristol should not be a problem and can hit a Travel Lodge asap.

GJ and Riley - are you just going to the Bristol game or wot ? Anyone planning all three ?

Booking flights tonight for Bristol, myself and Govan Jaggie are staying for one night then back up the road.....looking forward to the trip.

Edited by Red Card in Warsaw

I spoke to the club today and was told that no English games have been confirmed yet and they couldn't give me any sort of time frame other than to keep an eye on the website. They need to get better organised.

Tomorrows Courier running a story that the English games have been confirmed. But again, according to the club they are not confirmed.

Tomorrows Courier running a story that the English games have been confirmed. But again, according to the club they are not confirmed.
I guess once the club have read tomorrows Courier they'll soon confirm it.

Myself, Govan Jaggie and Red Card are going down for Bristol. We were going to get in touch with you once it's properly confirmed. I believe Plymouth is cancalled though? GJ was saying something about a tent as well lol I am planning all three games but that may not be the case for the others. Once it's confirmed i'll speak to them about what's what.

As much as the club would love to publish the pre-season friendlies ASAP, the simple fact is that they are not doing so until everything has been confirmed. The very last quote above shows a perfect example of why !!!! the Plymouth game that was bandied around is indeed cancelled as far as I know and we are playing Aldershot instead because they also had their game against Bournemouth cancelled. Think there is some tournament featuring those two and other teams which clashed with our fixtures. We are also not going to Ireland as was reported in the media !!!!

To the best of my knowledge, the fixtures are:

12th July @ Huish Park Vs Yeovil

14th July @ Twerton Park (Bath City ground) Vs Bristol Rovers

16th July @ EBB Stadium Vs Aldershot Town

"....followed by Bristol Rovers at Bath City FC?s ground on Thursday, July 14 [3:00pm ko]."

I hope that's not a mistake but it seems a bit iffy for a Thursday don't you think?

That was a typo in the information passed over to us, we queried it and it's been confirmed that it's actually 7:30pm for the Bristol game.

Aw bugga... :cry: