FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Gregory Tade

dougal

I wasn't at the game yesterday but saw the game on the garlic channel

From what I saw I now have real concerns about this signing

Is this guy a striker? It's not clear by yesterdays performance where or what position he was supposed to be deployed as!!

You only have to read the views on pie and bovril from other clubs supporters to suss out that this guy isn't an Spl standard player

Discuss

dougal

• Disagree 8

So you washed up on the beach this morning - via the pipeline ?

I take offence at the word "dud" as Wikepedia states that - "By extension, "dud" has become a slang word for anything that does not work or is defective".

Can the word dud be altered to headless chicken please.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

He was poor yesterday. He didn't show much positional sense and what he did with the disallowed goal was just ridiculous. He also pulled out of a few tackles and blocks which is disappointing for such a powerful guy.

I think he could do a job in terms of being a big strong player who works the channels and creates situations. A couple of times he was picked out and gained us some yards or a corner. Hopefully he'll grow into the SPL and become a valuable player.

Agree with ICTChris lets wait and see. A lot of fuss on pie and bovril re alleged racist abuse towards him from the pars fans. couldnt hear anything specific from where we were they just seemed to hate him beacause he played for Raith.I also think we need to realise he isnt the new Adam Rooney and never will be!

From the TV coverage, I could hear them booing Tade AND Gillet every time they touched the ball (even a few when the latter was getting stretchered off!). They were doing the same to Nigel Hasselbaink the other week.

I also think we need to realise he isnt the new Adam Rooney and never will be!

Anyone who didn't realise that when we signed him needs their heads examined. He's going to be another Djebi Zadi I fear however I agree with what Chris says in that it will be his powerful running and strength that will win him a lot of plaudits. He won't be a regular goal scorer. A more pacey Graham Bayne perhaps? We may see him end up as some kind of wide forward working the channels.

Edited by RiG

And a Graham Bayne type player who is used predominantly from the bench - that type of pace and effort, irrespective of the skill factor - would scare quite a few tiring SPL outfits. Can you imagine what impact he may have had yesterday if he had been brought on to play on the last line of defence with 20 minutes to go.

My main concern is that Terry and Mo appear to be preferring him to Sutherland and I was hoping to see what he could do this season if given the chance to be a target man.

I will be very interested to see what McKay plays like and where he is played. He comes across as the dargo type forward that we have needed for ages.

I was just going to say that actually. Tade I think would work very well in that "super sub" role, especially as teams grow more tired as time goes on, where Tade would have more freedom and space between the lines or out wide to do whatever it is he does. If he is used in this manner, he could become a very dangerous player indeed.

Edited by Renegade

He was poor yesterday. He didn't show much positional sense and what he did with the disallowed goal was just ridiculous. He also pulled out of a few tackles and blocks which is disappointing for such a powerful guy.

I think he could do a job in terms of being a big strong player who works the channels and creates situations. A couple of times he was picked out and gained us some yards or a corner. Hopefully he'll grow into the SPL and become a valuable player.

If I was Terry i'd fine him a weeks wages for his part in the disallowed goal debcale, he single handedly lost the club two points yesterday :irritated:

I thought the club had learnt their lesson by signing lower league strikers(Barrowman) but it appears sadly not

dougal

• Disagree 8

Dougal

He's had one good game and one not so good. He didn't lose the game "single handedly" as you put it. This was a much better site without you, please go troll somewhere else.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

If I was Terry i'd fine him a weeks wages for his part in the disallowed goal debcale, he single handedly lost the club two points yesterday :irritated:

I thought the club had learnt their lesson by signing lower league strikers(Barrowman) but it appears sadly not

dougal

What absolute nonsense to say he single handedly cost us 2 points yesterday. The score was 2-1 remenber when this happened and it was 3-2 to us when the free kick conceded for the equaliser. I really despair at some of the comments here. Looks like Tade is going to be the new whipping boy for many. Give the guy a chance, not just 3 games eh.

• Agree 1

As stated yesterday I only saw the last 20 mins and with only that to go on I was impressed with his work rate - made two great close downs and on both occasions the pars defender gave the ball to an ict player. Was doing a lot if tracking and running/chasing. Looked like he was giving it his all. Pity he seems to have been gash for the other 70 mins ;-)

Is he the SPLs equivalent of Emile Heskey - another strong player who won't get you a lot of goals but find him the right partner and he will get them the ball and keep the defence occupied. Will be interested to see what happens when McKay is fit - it might just work....here's hoping anyway....

I predict he will score against Rangers.

Is this because Graham Bayne always scored against Rangers?:twothumbsup: Personally I always liked Bayne and was disappointed when he left as I felt he always seemed to guarantee a stable half dozen goals a season as well as plenty effort and trouble for the defenders. And he won alot of aerial balls (even if some of them were directionally wayward) which was useful to the overallgoal of the team.

From what I saw today on ALBA's rerun, Tade seems to hustle and bustle defenders all day long. It takes 2 of them to stop him barging through. He will give defenders no end of trouble with his work rate pace and strengh. However he is quite clumsy al la Heskey and he still often ends up losing possession in the end. He needs to learn to be more economical in the SPL. Make sure than in the end he either gains or retains possession more often. In turn his team mates have to help out by giving him the right options.

I'd like to see Sutherland used more from the start. And look forward to seeing McKay in action, but I still have no reason as of yet to doubt Tade, or what he can offer the team. Yes, he isn't perfect. We cant expect that. Rooney was often a wasteful finsisher but made up for it by always getting on the end of chances and never stopping.

Dougal, to say that just because Barrowman failed from lower division status means we should never touch lower division players is ludicrous. Don Cowie? Graham Bayne? John Rankin? Thats just us. There are players all over who start at a lower division who work their way up. Yes it's hit and miss and even moreso on free transfers but thats our market.

Why always the pessimist?

• Agree 1

He wasnt as good as last week but he worked his socks off to make opportunities but any real credit he merited was dashed when he got Foran's goal chalked off. He didnt have to do it.

Edited by ajsict92