FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Gregory Tade

dougal

He wasnt as good as last week but he worked his socks off and claimed an assist but any real credit he merited was dashed when he got Foran's goal chalked off.

An "assist" ? When / where ?

Yeh scratch that, just checked the highlights, didnt realise the Dunfermline boy got the last touch to that pass to Tansey.

From the TV coverage, I could hear them booing Tade AND Gillet every time they touched the ball (even a few when the latter was getting stretchered off!). They were doing the same to Nigel Hasselbaink the other week.

They booed Tade the whole match. I presume becase he is ex Raith Rovers. There were a few boos for Gillet when he was stretchered off coming from the stand opposite the main stand - a very small amount of boos. Most Pars fans clapped him off.

I think with the stick Tade was getting from the Pars fans, he must have been desperate to get a goal. I don't think he is a selfish player, but he may have just taken a rush of blood to the head. His positional sense is awful, so it may not have even occured to him that he was offside. He has to learn from this. That's Terry and Mo's job to help him on the training pitch. Hopefully they can coach him. Foran must have torn into him in the desssing room. He was livid on the pitch. However, I hope Tade has learnt something from that. It was a mistake, but lets give him a chance and see how he reacts now.

Dargo was a no one before he came here and became a prolific goal scorer for us and his strike rate lowered again when he moved on.

As for Rooney, I can still remember Barrowman being through on goal (whilst playing for us) with just the goalie to beat and Rooney catches him up, bumps into him and they both fall over.

Tade may become a goal machine for us, he may not but Butcher is no fool and will always play what he deems to be the best to get the job done. Although he brought in Eagle and Stratford he had to rely on others to get the job done as midfield was inept with them in it.

I hope it all clicks for Tade, he settles into the team and also his new home in the Highlands, if things dont go quite to plan then theres no harm in him coming on as a super sub in the future and let others get the job done alongside Foran etc.

Watching the video of the game it seems to me that if Tade can get to the byline and drive that ball hard across the goalmouth he can cause possible havoc in the defence. Not so much high balls, because I think they could go anywhere, but the hard ball on the deck---one touch from a defender and it goes the wrong way into the net and the right touch from a Caley player and in it goes also. Whatever happens it can cause panic in their defence.

The opposition will then have to put two defenders on him to cope with his pace and dangerous intentions and maybe he can get away with the same tactic by brute strength and maybe a penalty or two, too.

Come to think of it, there is a slight resemblance to Desmond TuTu also. :sarcastic:

As for Rooney, I can still remember Barrowman being through on goal (whilst playing for us) with just the goalie to beat and Rooney catches him up, bumps into him and they both fall over.

Was that not Garry Wood and Rooney fecking up the chance against 'well doing the above just a few games before the split in our relegation season?

Watching the video of the game it seems to me that if Tade can get to the byline and drive that ball hard across the goalmouth he can cause possible havoc in the defense. Not so much high balls, because I think they could go anywhere, but the hard ball on the deck---one touch from a defender and it goes the wrong way into the net and the right touch from a Caley player and in it goes also. Whatever happens it can cause panic in their defense.

The opposition will then have to put two defenders on him to cope with his pace and dangerous intentions and maybe he can get away with the same tactic by brute strength and maybe a penalty or two, too.

Come to think of it, there is a slight resemblance to Desmond TuTu also. :sarcastic:

I think he can do a job as you say, get to the byline and drive the ball across the goal mouth, its just that if the strikers doing that out wide whos there to collect. Foran is good at being first to the ball with his head around the box, Rooney wasnt strong in the air but would always be in the right position to receive a high ball to feet whilst holding off a defender and both would be in dangerous positions, I cant say that Tade is presently strong at either but hes one of the team and I hope he comes good.

Was that not Garry Wood and Rooney fecking up the chance against 'well doing the above just a few games before the split in our relegation season?

I actually thought it was Barrowman but come to think of it 'Barrowman through on goal doesnt really sound right'

I recall it clearly, Wood was going through on goal and Adam Rooney tryed to bend his run but for some reason crossed Wood's path, Wood took an elephant touch, it rebounded of Rooney's heal and the chance was gone.

Well Dougal, to put the word DUD against any of Terry's signings brings your footballing views into question, in my book!

A DUD after watching one game and that on TV where you can only see what the cameras allow you to see!

However you obviously have great footballing insight when your 'knowledge' comes straight onto this forum from the numpties on P & B!!

Tade is desperate to prove himself like all the new players. Im sticking with him for the time being. Once he gets his 1st goal im sure he will start gelling with Foran/Mckay for a partnership.

We've been through this before and im sure we will again!

I think what can be at times detrimental to Tade's game is that he might be a bit too keen. In saying that though, I'd rather have a player that was too keen, that one who couldn't be bothered.

Edited by Renegade

Well Dougal, to put the word DUD against any of Terry's signings brings your footballing views into question, in my book!

A DUD after watching one game and that on TV where you can only see what the cameras allow you to see!

However you obviously have great footballing insight when your 'knowledge' comes straight onto this forum from the numpties on P & B!!

FYI I have watched football over many years throughout the UK mostly England I admit but also a fair number of countries in Europe so I know when I see a dud or a player thats not up to it

I'm therefor as qualified to comment on Tade as any yokel

I admit its early days yet for Tade and I genuinely do hope he makes a name for himself up here in the Highlands but my initial thoughts on footballers are normally fairly accurate however I'll be the first to put my hand up and apologise if he proves me wrong

Good luck Gregory

dougal

I saw Tade a couple of times for Raith last season when he was full of confidence and he was a lot better than he was on Saturday. However, a few of my mates who are Rovers fans have said there's no way he'll cut it in the SPL.

Time will tell but playing next to Foran he'll not be short of advice on where he ought to be and what he ought to be doing smile.gif

I like his attitude. If you have ever played with a player like that you will know what I mean. I see a lot more positives than negatives with his play. Yeh not the finished product and may never be but when the team gels all will be forgotten. Remember what many on here said about Rooney in his early days and maybe on evidence they were correct but look how he turned out.