FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tom Aldred has left the building

bauhaus

Tom Aldred has walked out on ICT and has returned to his parent club

He made it clear to the club today at training he had no desire to stay at the club any longer and cancelled his loan

Cant say am overally surprised, we signed him he had a few good pre-season games then seemed to disappear from everywhere, then was on v Rangers after 2 injuries then was made to play v Halkirk and not travel to Ayr United for tonight

Thoughts?

Tom Aldred has walked out on ICT and has returned to his parent club

He made it clear to the club today at training he had no desire to stay at the club any longer and cancelled his loan

Cant say am overally surprised, we signed him he had a few good pre-season games then seemed to disappear from everywhere, then was on v Rangers after 2 injuries then was made to play v Halkirk and not travel to Ayr United for tonight

Thoughts?

I'm not surprised, i thought he wouldn't be too happy being the only first team member playing against Halkirk. Also being dropped to last choice defender must have annoyed him a little considering he hasn't made as many errors as some players in the squad. He was only here until January anyway, I'm not keen on 6 month deals that end in January, if he became a regular everything would become unsettled again by the time he leaves. Having a player brought in from Jan til the summer is far more effective IMO, It will also enchance the chance of signing the player up permanently after his loan spell.

Quite unfortunate I reckon, I thought he looked a decent player and pretty reliable. If he played last Sat in place of Roman we my well have fared better. Once Golobart arrived straight into the team he prob thought 'well the gaffer clearly wants him ahead of me' and didn't fancy warming the bench or playing with the younger lads.

Could be off the mark but that would be my interpretation.

Quite unfortunate I reckon, I thought he looked a decent player and pretty reliable. If he played last Sat in place of Roman we my well have fared better. Once Golobart arrived straight into the team he prob thought 'well the gaffer clearly wants him ahead of me' and didn't fancy warming the bench or playing with the younger lads.

Could be off the mark but that would be my interpretation.

I would agree with this. I would also bet he thought he would be getting regular football when he signed with us. Why else would you go on loan to a smaller team. If he wasnt going to get a game, which he wasn't, he had no option but to go back.

from Twitter:

# Oh and btw i loved the nickname from the fans... good luck for the rest of the season will keep an eye on the results.. about 49 minutes ago from web

# for one reason or another my time at inverness has not worked out, id like to wish the fans and players all the best for the season. #ICT about 51 minutes ago from web

If you move on loan from a bigger club to a smaller club you'd prob expect to be picked most of the time. If your not why move away from home just to warm the bench ? Totally understand why he has left. Just another player we have had and that has left ... Next please !!

With Rossco, Golo and Hogg ahead of him in the pecking order he'd be lucky to make the bench here, which completely defeats the purpose of going out on loan. Its a shame, he looked promising.

On the plus side, it frees up a wage.....

That's an odd one and a disappointment as well. I thought he looked decent in the couple of games I saw. Maybe a bit harsh to say after one game but I thought he looked better than Golobart. To be honest I would actually have Hogg and Aldred as my preferred CB pairing.

Hope things work out for him elsewhere.

A shame. I liked Aldred as well and thought he should have played on Saturday.

Regarding Halkirk, bear in mind we can only use 5 subs tonight against Ayr, so with Tokely available again he wouldn't have made the bench if Golobart is ahead of him in the pecking order - so the Halkirk game was a chance to keep him match fit.

It seems the arrival of Golobart has pushed him to fourth in the pecking order for a centre-back spot so it's not really worth his while to stay if he can get first team football in league one or league two.

A tweet from Nick Ross this afternoon seemed to suggest family reasons might be playing a part too.

On the bright side, I hope this means we can afford a big powerful centre-forward!

He's gone. It's a shame. There is no point speculating on the reasons. We move on and he will soon be forgotton.

This is entirely sensible advice. All the same, it is very tempting to speculate...

I'm guessing bringing Golobart in was a sign that Butcher didn't have confidence in Aldred. I did feel he deserved a chance against Aberdeen, rather than Golobart being thrown straight in without having had a proper chance to train with the team: after all, none of our central defenders has been great this season; each of them has been culpable for different goals scored against us. It's quite typical of Butcher to make his mind up quickly about his signings rather than persevering; overall, I think this is a strength, especially when you recall Brewster's stubborn refusal to change things when every man and his dog could see it was going tits up, but it does leave you praying that if he got it wrong last time with Aldred, he's got it right this time with Golobart.

I don't blame the lad, whisked up here then ignored; I smell a rat.

I have to concur and agree with RIG - I would have persevered with Hogg and Aldred - but as Mary Hill says we have to accept and move on - BUT such events do have a MAJOR influence on the dressing room.

This could be a case of a player being too big fer his boots, fall out with Terry ana Mo and a rightful dressing down - but humiliation is not the answer. Golbart's signing was an evident sign that the Tanks days were numbered. But I cant help feeling that Tel Boy is losing the dressing room and that is as much down to his constant chopping and changing.

• Disagree 1