FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tom Aldred has left the building

bauhaus

from Twitter:

# Oh and btw i loved the nickname from the fans... good luck for the rest of the season will keep an eye on the results.. about 49 minutes ago from web

# for one reason or another my time at inverness has not worked out, id like to wish the fans and players all the best for the season. #ICT about 51 minutes ago from web

I was called Tank at school for the way I played football (through everything instead of around it)....wonder where I put my boots!!!

Could have used him at Ayr tonight! I met him a few times and seemed a nice guy. He loved the Tank nickname, which Red Card named him at the pre season game at Livi, which we then carried on into our pre season tour in England. After myself, IHE and Dewsbury Dude sung the Thomas the Tank theme tune at Aldershot, he came running over to us... or at least we thought he was... his mum and dad were the couple standing beside us delighted at their sons new found fame!

It must be difficult coming from Manchester up to the Highlands at a young age, and I don't know the exact reasons but it just wasn't to be! I presume he's gone back to Watford?

All the best Tank!

Edited by CapitalCaley

Can understand why he wanted to leave if he wasnt going to get a game. Third choice behind Hogg, Tokely and Golobart would mean he wouldnt get much game time and that totally defeats the purpose of the loan.

These things happen in football, wish him all the best in the future.

Now lets focus on getting our squad fit and back on track and hopefully add a striker to the squad which we desperately need

What is going on? Player quits after 4 games? This just further adds to the misery of the season so far.

Out of the lot Aldred looked like one of the better signings in our new team and having watched Golobart for the second time last night i have to say he does not fill me with much confidence.

Does this mean another defender is coming in or we persist with what weve got? Dont know and to be honest dont care, very dissapointed at the lack of stability surrounding the squad at present.

Aldred came to Inverness expecting to be in the starting line-up every game. It didn't work out that way so he has chosen to leave in the hope of finding a club who will give him the games he wants. Thats his choice and we must respect that and move on from it.

What we must also do is get a settled team together and get playing football again.

• Agree 1

I know someone who knows Aldred very well from his time at Carlisle, Mr Aldred hasnt as yet made it back to Watford ( who apperantly are less than impressed at him ) , he has been kipped up with some mates in Carlisle, and the real reason he left was he threw his dummy out of the pram when he was told he wouldnt be starting against Ayr United, no family issues

A source from inside the team bus going to Halkirk confirmed that he was on the phone to his agent a few times whilst still on the bus telling him to get him out of Inverness. He was raging about going to Halkirk. It does sound like he's taken a massive hissy fit and in front of other players it is a bit disrespectfull. However, he was clearly unhappy here. On his facebook on Tuesday he wrote something that was very negative and depressing about Inverness - not the team, but just him being here in general. I do like him though, but for the team, I don't think it's a huge loss - as long as we don't get more injuries!!!

"We have got ourselves a hard working young man who will be ready for first team action, but will need time to settle in here. - taken off the Cochester FC official website from their manager.

I hope he takes heed of those words especially the bit about settling in, he didn't exactly give himself a lot of time while up here and whatever was said by the club to get him up here it is now apparent to me having left Watford that he would do anything to get first team football without actually working hard to get into the team. Will be interesting to see what happens if he doesn't get picked straight away.

Maybe his agent has a lot to do with it as well and has been bending his ear a lot.