FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Top six next week

PullMyFinger

Nice Avator Jnr! :lol: Kant!

I tell you what. If we beat Midden and the Pars take a big confidence boost from their win today, Midden could be dragged into it. They have some good players, but IMO a tactically inept manager. They shipped 5 goals against ten men Hearts last week! They have Imrie now. Good player, but not good enough to save us and Accies from the drop. Could the Imrie curse strike again? Very possible!

I still think we could make it this season. We have given ourselfs a great chance if we beat St Mirren next week and the pars win next week! It would be a great confidence booster to the lads and some motivation for them to fight to stay there until the split in April.

Whether we sit in 6th this time next week is of no importance. What matters is that a win puts us firmly in the mid-table pack and relative to St Mirren who are already there, it is a 6 pointer. We are on a good run but should take nothing for granted. Midden are a decent side this year and Imrie will be out to prove a point or two again. Neither he nor the Midden should be underestimated.

Having said that, I think it is a game we should win. Foran appears to have come into a rich grain of form now that he is playing where most of us felt he should be playing and Tansey has settled in brilliantly on his return from injury. They will be the key players next week and if they perform well we should create enough to win the game. Hopefully the players will be focussing on the game in hand and not the match against Celtic the following week. Hopefully TB will tell his players that anyone not giving 100% against the Midden will not be in the side for the Cup match.

• Agree 2

Aberdeen could draw next week and we would still be 6th if we win. Problem is there's such a gap between 5th and 6th we are effectively in a mini league of 5 teams chasing 6th place. That cuts our chances greatly. It's a pity that 5th place is probably out of reach before the split. Could actually have done with St Johnstone not beating Hibs today strange as that may seem!

Plus we have a game in hand over a couple of the teams above. I actually think we are in a great position. Most seasons before we have started well and almost ran out of steam leading up to the split. Just now we are hitting form at the right time, while others seem to be dipping. Hopefully we can keep it up. I'm actually quite excited about the way the team/squad is starting to gel.

It seems strange to say considering the number of injuries we have, but Butcher actually has selection headaches going into next week. 7 changes against Hearts and we still one. Its anyone's guess how we'll line up next week. Sure he'll not be complaining though.

He must be applauded in how he has rebuilt the squad, had a difficult start but starting to look really good now. :clapping:

• Agree 1

Well perhaps all the injuries we suffered this early part of the season DID have a profound effect on the performance.

i.e Terry often expressed frustration and bewilderment at what happened early on but now that the team has had a chance to gel and these players have come back there seems to be a an upswing in the mood , spirit and tempo of our game.

In which case Terry really may have done a great job with his attempts to blend a brand new team in such short order. And will end up being Manager of the year. And end up having the team that is also TEAM OF THE YEAR. :salute:

Long may it continue.

well i want motherwell i would rather concentrate and being totally safe before we think of europe but top 6 is now very possible and i see that as being a start i doubt we will get near to st johnstone in 5th i feel they are to good a side to drop 10 points back to us and the rest of the pack so 6th and if we can try and push higher but one step of a time

Priorities have to be

Get safe from relegation

Top 6 spot, sixth is probably the best we can hope for but very much possible

get as far as we can in the Scottish Cup which could in turn get us into Europe.

As someone said, exiting times ahead and an awful lot still to play for this season

• Agree 1