FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Capello resigns

tm4tj

Well now they've got an excuse for Euro failure.

Goes to show that the old school brigade that run the FA are still as thick as they've always been. Terry is innocent till proven guilty yet they punish him by stripping him of the captaincy. Capello speaks out. The FA hold talks and Capello 'resigns'.

Whilst I agree that he should have been stripped of captaincy pending investigation, Capello has every right to be angry. They have not consulted him it would appear and literally not let him manage his team.

For the people that say 'innocent until proven guilty' etc, I think it's only natural to be releaved of duties pending investigation. If there was a similar incident in the every day work place, many companies would suspend the accused, pending investigation. If guilty then they have a big decision to make. If not guilty, then they would normally re-instate.

Who's next to lead England to a Quarter Final penalty defeat?

I think Capellos been quite canny quitting. He certainly doesn't need the money and he avoids all the spiteful bile when England fail to win the Euro's

They all want diamond geezer 'arry so it'll happen. Not sure who they'll blame when it all goes Pete Tong

A huge amount of Redknapp's success has been based on spending money and a large turnover of players. Can't do that with International football.

Edited by kencar
  • Agree 1

id do the same if put in capellos position his authority was undermined in a situation where the fa are basically saying john terry is a racist

this is a case with a mximum penalty of a £2500 fine. the only reason its been taken so seriously is because some lip readers that watch match of the day (probably some fat ass with nothing better to do with their time) thinking they are all righteous and are upstanding citizens. i dont think anton ferdinand even heard the comments if i remember what he said on twitter corectly.

there is no hard evidence that terry said anything how do we know he said ''fu*king black c*nt'' he could of said ''fuc*ing bill c*nt'' obviously his mate bill shagged his wife.

unless you have a tape of what he actually says you cant charge him.

didn't Fabio have the best record of an Englandshire manager. 67% wins compared to next best somewhere around the 60% mark

I read an article that showed he had the best record over the past 5 or 6 managers with a 67% win ratio, Sven was 2nd and Glenn Hoddle was third. Think it was Terry Venables 4th, Steve Mclaren 5th and Kevin Keegan 6th.

Time to go to Ebbe Skovdahl's quote about stats and miniskirts. If Rangers get relegated to SFL3 then that manager would be the most successful ever, based on stats. It's winning games that count that really matters. Thought Capello was truly hopeless in the World Cup. If he hadn't had such a large salary to buy out, I doubt he would have been kept on.