FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

We are dragging bottom

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Guest Sandy Cromarty

and heads are down, we really need to get things sorted so lets stop with the dross and get real or very soon we could find ourselves heading for the 1st Div.

I know that many fans loyalties to Charlie are based on the fact that he is an Invernessian and was a great player for us ( if not our greatest ) but if that wasn't the case, and be honest, would he still have your 100% support? something has went very wrong over the last few weeks and I sense there may be a gulf between Charlie and the players, witness Dargo in the press last week, so for me I think that we should be looking to bring in a more experienced managerial hand as soon as to work alongside Charlie, I don't want Charlie demoted, far from it, but he could do with someone more experienced at his side, we have to call a halt to these managerial apprenticeships we've been handing out over the last five years.

No doubt I'll be castigated for this but I am no way being malicious nor I'm finding any pleasure in writing this, so no 'STOOPIDS' if you don't mind, be reasonable and objective.

"we have to call a halt to these managerial apprenticeships"

Aye, what did Robertson do for us? And then Brewster was such a disaster.

Your post isn't stoopid, it's just p1sh! Every team has a bad run from time to time, and it's amazing how quickly some people have forgotten our good run.

and heads are down, we really need to get things sorted so lets stop with the dross and get real or very soon we could find ourselves heading for the 1st Div.

I know that many fans loyalties to Charlie are based on the fact that he is an Invernessian and was a great player for us ( if not our greatest ) but if that wasn't the case, and be honest, would he still have your 100% support? something has went very wrong over the last few weeks and I sense there may be a gulf between Charlie and the players, witness Dargo in the press last week, so for me I think that we should be looking to bring in a more experienced managerial hand as soon as to work alongside Charlie, I don't want Charlie demoted, far from it, but he could do with someone more experienced at his side, we have to call a halt to these managerial apprenticeships we've been handing out over the last five years.

No doubt I'll be castigated for this but I am no way being malicious nor I'm finding any pleasure in writing this, so no 'STOOPIDS' if you don't mind, be reasonable and objective.

Last thread that says the exact same thing!!

How ******* predictable...  :008: :008:

Why start a new thread when you can just cut and paste the answers from the last one on to this.  Your a drama queen Sandy, we lost a game get over it!!!

Your whole theory that Christie isn't the man for the job comes from 3 results this season St Mirren (h), St Mirren (a) and Motherwell (h) apart from that all the other results have been acceptable. 

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Ah well, I suppose these posts were predictable so I suppose we all should ignore the game today, and the last six, and look forward to the Scottish Cup, 'we live in hope'  seems to be our new motto.

Hey come on guys lets cut the crap, none of us know the real answer otherwise we would be in football management and top of the pile at that, we all i assume pull the same way on this site, so lets just have respect for each others views and have constructive debate. As a team ICT are not pulling it off at the moment but it will come again im sure.

Dmacca

I actually agree with you Sandy (the bit about dragging bottom anyway). I don't know if you were there today but I feckin was and it's hard to take.

I still have to step back and say- surely CC has Parkie to guide him, and also how did we gather most of our 20 points before becoming pish?

I don't see any time in history when a team has had a bad patch lasting a whole season (unless they were totally pish and just not good enough, like St Mirren a couple of years back). The heads are certainly down at the moment though. I'll start worrying if we lose the next 2, Killie, then more important, Dunfermline.

I actually agree with you Sandy (the bit about dragging bottom anyway). I don't know if you were there today but I feckin was and it's hard to take. I still have to step back and say- surely CC has Parkie to guide him, and also why did we gather most of our 20 points before becoming pish?

I don't see any time in history when a team has had a bad patch lasting a whole season (unless they were totally pish and just not good enough, like St Mirren a couple of years back). The heads are certainly down at the moment though. I'll start worrying if we lose the next 2, Killie, then more important, Dunfermline.

totally agree. this isnt just a bad couple of games - things are going horribly wrong on the park (and maybe within the team also if recent events are anything to go by) so what is CC going to do about it???????????????? :009:

C'mon guys, surely the drama and cut 'n' thrust of the relegation dogfight is much more exciting than whiling away the remainder of the season after the split in the mid-table dullness of 7th/8th place?  :005:

OK, I'll collect my coat and leave now................................!!

Going by whats being said by the people that attended the game, the team are lacking confidence big time at the moment, so, the game vs Killie will be a test for the big one vs Pars on the 23rd, the is going to be the proverbial 6 pointer.

Lose against them ( providing the tims hump them) and we are not looking good, so heres hoping the boys get it together for the Killie match.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

No Mantis I wasn't at the game today thank goodness as reading your comments on the matchday thread it seems like no improvement from last week, it is a big worry and something needs to be done soon, Killie next week and then Dunfermline who are bringing in a new manager and that usually means a boost so we need to get our act together fast.

Dragging bottom is when you've ran your anchors and they don't hold and if you're in close waters the end result can be catastrophic.

my choice pre-sharlie was bobby williamson...he's experienced, strong, independant, knows the spl inside out, still had alot to prove....

nevermind we are where we are with regards to whos running things, you get what you pay for and all that..

There's been plenty of managerial vacancies in Scotland since Brewster left ICT.... I don't think Blobby was in the running for any of them.... he can't even get work as a pundit on the Beeb....

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Aye Mantis that was some score yesterday for the crofters, going by that I would say that they're just about foundering and the chippie is sounding the fwd tanks, "How high's the water Chippie".

Mind you at the moment we are in no shape to gloat going by the form guide in the SOS today where, over the last six games, we have the worst form in the SPL with St Mirren just above us and DUFC above them, just hope that DUFC doesn't start turning it around.

Given our resourses, or rather the lack of them, we have no right to expect to remain in the SPL season after season.

The fact of the matter is that we only have to finish the season above one other side.

We have an eight point head start over Dunfermline ad Falkirk are likely to be pretty toothless if they lose Anthony Stokes in the transfer window with Lapaty also likely to be far less effective on the heavy winter pitches.