FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Old but cool..

caley100

GRANNY ERMMMM YOU KNOW YOU SAID YOU LIKED MEATLOAF WELL EVERYNIGHT AT BEDTIME I HEAR DADDY SINFG LIKE A BAT OUTTA **** ILL BE GONE WHEN THE MORNING COMESSSSSSSSSS !!!! AND MUMMY SAYS YER A FECKIN TYPICAL BLOKE IS THIS TRUE !!! ????

When PUNK came along, I rejected a lot of grups that I was formerly keen on. Only recently, have I been able to admit that PUNK was just a passing phase, abeit one that lasted 30 years.

Having joined an illegal filesharing network, I decided to pursue some of these things, "long players" sold in times of poverty to buy beer and whatever. So I have made a bit of an effort to plug the gaps in my collection. The good the bad and the indifferent...

Alex Harvey Band, Stackridge, Quantum Jump, Lindisfarne, Bonzo Dog Band, Caravan, Knks, Early Roxy Music, Rory Gallagher, Grace Slick ("Manhole"), Greenslade, Jack Bruce, Rick Wakeman, Graham Parker and the Rumour, Groundhogs, Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel, Mott the Hoople, Steely Dan, Tangerine Dream, The Oo', The Faces and the Grandaddies of the Lot, Yes.

I have no excuse but the callowness of youth.

Some good ones there Gordy... Mott the Hoople was my first ever LP, played on a ( by nowadays standards) crappy record player where the lid turned into a pair of speakers... but it was STEREO! as long as the record was not mono you were ok.

Yeah.. Greenslade, Sutherland Bros, Yes, had em all!!

Went to see kraftwerk... weird, persuaded to buy a Tangerine dream LP even WEIRDER.

Went to see Chris Rea in Edinburgh a few years ago, best crack at a concert cos he was pished but sang till the hairs on the back of your neck stood up!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jock Watt

The Ted Heath orchestra was the band that Dickie Valentine used to sing with and was NOT the politician!

Doctor Crock's crazy mob played dixieland jazz and were very very popular in the Sneck in the 1950's!

'Ye canna beat a bit o' Bert Kaempfert's Swinging Safari!! '

Sounds like a code for a bit of trouser trunk fondling ?

oh my!!!

oh cali babe, this sounds like my kind of music... a bit like the squirrel waltz, twice round the floor and then out for your nuts! :005:

so, beastie babe, i'm off to put on my camouflage gear and i'll come over and swing on your kaempferts, if that's ok with you sweeti?!?! :015: :015: :015: