FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Old but cool..

caley100

Which brings me to a thread which oldies and lovers of old ( and much copied ) music can post their fav's.

After a trip to and from Livvy last week listening to TMFTJ's rock guitar selections i think we should post our favorite bands/music.

Personally, i went through the Black Sabbath type stuff, mellowed a bit and now still listen to Talking Heads, Stones, beatles, and lots of rock stuff too varied to mention.

Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Rolling Stones, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Travelling Wilburys, Blondie, Dire Straits and much more I can't be bothered to mention.

Dire Straits eh! Saw them live at the NEC arena....abso' brill. Also saw Iron Maiden (fecking loud they were - superb!), Deep Purple (easy there FW..easy!). Moody Blues, Pink Floyd....oh the list goes on....

8) Still firmly stuck in 80's music came across a Don Henley cd ('Boys of Summer'..remember?!) that I've played to death. The Smiths too but y'have to be in the right mood to deal with Morrisey's joyful tones.

Guest SHOWADZ 65

Late 70s early 80s for me. Big fan of The Jam, first band ever to go straight in at number one 3 times when that actually meant something. Nowadays all you have to do is call yourself Hear Say, Girls Aloud or Cheeko, have massive TV exposure via the medium of a TV "Talent" show, and hey presto, instant number 1.

Neil Young........Prairie Wind is a bit of a throwback to the old days, good album, do you still call them albums?

Hey ****, you never revealed yourself to me.

I also am a big fan of Talking Heads 8)

Dire Straits eh! Saw them live at the NEC arena....abso' brill. Also saw Iron Maiden (fecking loud they were - superb!), Deep Purple (easy there FW..easy!). Moody Blues, Pink Floyd....oh the list goes on....

got tickets for Maiden in December and thought about going to monsters of rock but just couldn't make it...

Heard a bit of that Imogen Heap on a freebie CD- far out man :D Have to look for more.

Hey Gordy, don't suppose you still have a copy of a VR panorama I made once of Caley Stadium?

Mantis, dont bother I made half of them up - except Imogen Heap. Jeep Solid is, I am afraid, all too real.

Will scour and dredge the layers of my hard drve for your VR, but I wouldn't hold much hope, Mantis.

On the same bill at the Odeon in Birmingham in 68...

Free (before Kossof topped himself)

Mindbenders

Crazy World Of Arthur Brown

The Who

8)