FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Like it or not......

tm4tj

Like it or not, our neighbours have completed a remarkable season to get themselves into the SPL, and Highland Derbies next season.

It's time to formally congratulate them on their achievement, even if it is through gritted teeth.

They can only beat what's put in front of them, but they have done it with some ease and have broken a few records into the bargain. 34 games unbeaten is good work in any language. Scoring 72 goals is another sign of a team playing with confidence and freedom, leading to a goal difference of +40 and a points total of 79.

Like it or not, the gudgies are on a roll and will be no pushovers next season. It is up to us to raise our game that little bit further and keep abreast of the situation. Of course our dismal season has been well documented, and County have never played in the SPL. They now have to adjust to the pace of the game and doing that every week is not as easy as the odd cup game against higher league opposition.

So, from me, it is congratulations, and welcome to our world, let's all enjoy next season. It might never happen again. :clapping:

Well done to the players and management, lets hope the the small minded people in the background can raise their game.

My niece won 2 tickets in a raffle at an Invernessshire primary school, to watch a football match of her choice at Victoria Park, seeing as it tied in with ICTs visit back to the 1st div we thought perfect, we will go to a derby match and sit in the away end, it didnt happen and I was lied to by a Ross County employee as to why we couldnt use them for the ICT matches.

Thank goodness ICT dont have this small minded mentality, if they run a competition etc, the winners can sit in whatever end they want.

Admittedly I enjoyed jumping on the "we hate County" bandwagon, even although I quite liked County in the Highland League days.

So I acknowledge that they won the first division hands down - nobody came close to them and they deserve to go up.

Having said that, I sorta share the sentiments of Caley in the post above.

Credit where it's due they've had a great season. Don't think they'll be as good in the SPhelL as some people think, it's not an attractive league but it is tough. Gonna be a real edge to our meetings I think, as long as we finish above them that'll be fine!