Aaaaaaaaaaahhhh - the memories

for some reason as a kid I used to join two totally separate adverts together in my mind ..... Esso Blue and Opal Fruits .... "boom boom boom boom, esso blue ... made to make your mouth water .... !!!" and surely it would !

220px-Opalfruits.jpg

http://www.tellyads.com/show_movie_vintage.php?filename=VA0444

Esso+Blue+oval.jpg

• Agree 1

Blimey, Charles them thar trucks and the thought of you sitting in the driving seat with your mortar board on and yer robe sleeves flying out the window in the breeze really conjures up visions of past grandeurs. But wasn't that the era of the starting handle.

Oops,, that was pre-war wasn't it and and you are not THAT old are you ? :lol:

"Creamola Foam fizzes and foams

Foams and fizzes

Fizzes and foams" .......

As the telly advert went. Can never remember the last line. Anyway, it was like a cheap substitute for proper lemonade...and the raspberry flavour was particularly noxious as i recall...a long way from the sublime taste of "Moray Cup" (and so back to the original posting...)

Foams and fizzes

As the telly advert went. Can never remember the last line. Anyway, it was like a cheap substitute for proper lemonade...and the raspberry flavour was particularly noxious as i recall...a long way from the sublime taste of "Moray Cup" (and so back to the original posting...)

Fizzy juice was such a rare commodity that its arrival in the house was greeted with near delirium. After your parents' parties you would get up early the next morning to beat a path through the empty cans and overflowing ashtrays to sneak a slog of any leftover fizz. Alas, all that was left would be the dreaded Schweppes tonic water, and yet you would still throw it back.

Creamola Foam may have been the poor man's fizz, but it was not the lowest form of carbonated drink. Oh no, that was the Refreshers sweets cast into a glass of water, or a sachet of Beecham's powders, both of which provided the fizzy drink fizz.

• Agree 1

Foams and fizzes

Fizzy juice was such a rare commodity that its arrival in the house was greeted with near delirium. After your parents' parties you would get up early the next morning to beat a path through the empty cans and overflowing ashtrays to sneak a slog of any leftover fizz. Alas, all that was left would be the dreaded Schweppes tonic water, and yet you would still throw it back.

Creamola Foam may have been the poor man's fizz, but it was not the lowest form of carbonated drink. Oh no, that was the Refreshers sweets cast into a glass of water, or a sachet of Beecham's powders, both of which provided the fizzy drink fizz.

...and in the absence of anything else, Andrew's Liver Salts, or was that just me and my cousin?

• 2 months later...

Yep! Festus. Watch oot fer Captain IHE on board the HMS Sneck.

He will train his guns on you any time you sneeze. Light the fire and brew up the coffee Festus. I'm weary after that long ride from Dodge and I'm laying down my head. And don't ferget to give some grits to the hoss--he looks a bit peaky. Probably ran into IHE on the road when I was off in the Mesa having a .....look around for them thar pesky injuns.