FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Billy Dodds

Ronaldo

He's always had it in for us. He tips us for relegation almost every season and gives us next to no credit when we pull of a result. He's definitely up there along with the likes of Strachan and Andy Walker when it comes to being ignorant.

Could be Killy if cash is a problem.

As for Dodds he probably feels that a team somewhere up in the Highlands shouldnt be playing top flight football, he gets sacked from a club with a bigger fan base, a longer history and a far higher budget to spend on players than Inverness and ICT still finish higher up the table. Chisholm gets sacked and assistant manager Dodds takes the reigns for only 1 match before being replaced by ICTs Brewster, Is he bitter? :ponder:

Edited by 12th Man

It will probably be a battle between around 7 or 8 to avoid relegation to SPL 2. Hibs, St J, St M, Dundee, County, Killie, Dons and ourselves will be cutting each others throats, with Arabs, Jam tarts and Mothers 2nd to 4th.

Dont think Dodds has been right before, so could be a good omen

Agreed with above, no one is in great shape excluding Celtic, Dundee United and i suppose Motherwell. Hopefully with the squad being a bit smaller and their being more experience within the team then there will be a bit more unity and that could see us put a bit of form together.

Dundee will struggle the most, have the smallest budget by the looks of it and for want of a better phrase have been thrown into the deep end at a dangerous time.

St Mirren and Kilmarnock have enough quality to see them through but only if they keep their important players fit, think us and County fall into the same category.

Hibs and Aberdeen have made some good signings but no doubt the expectation levels of a good season will wear thin after a while and they will suffer from the usual problems.

Dont see our current squad setting the league alight but if we keep our own council and hold our own i will be more than happy given the turmoil this league has come under in recent months.

• Agree 2

I think that Aberdeen could still be in the mix for relegation, they have only signed two players in Hayes and McGinn and they have undoubtedly improved their attacking options but defensively they have lost McArdle, Mawene, and Arnason who i think they will miss considerably

I reckon it will be between Dundee, St Mirren, Hibs, us and County with Aberdeen marginally topping that list

I think its St Mirren they haven't really signed anyone and have lost hasselbaink and tesselaar. Which for them are two big loses

Have to agree with this. Combined with Danny Lennon's tactical ineptitude, I can see them very much being in the mix next season.

I think this season could be the most interesting season ever. I reckon any of 5 teams could easily go down. I think this season...every team will be able to scalp points from every other team. I can see there not being many points (relativley speaking) between second place and bottom. Thats how evenly balanced i see things this season

Perhaps with Billy having such a great insight into the future, he shoud have highlighted to the board at Castle Greyskull that the EBT scheme he was benefiting from would bring the club to its knees, then again maybe he hasnt a crystal ball afterall?

He's only selecting us because it means he wont have to write about his old club Dundee being favourites for the drop - probably thinks its safer to be disliked in Inverness as there's less chance he will ever visit than elsewhere in Scotland!!!

I think the wee nyaff could be right. Certainly hope not.

I have put some money on St.J however, check their results under Lomas - woeful! I doubt he'll last the season.

Also think the dons will continue to be duff.

Unfortunately I think c*unty will have a VERY good season, perhaps even finishing as high as 4th or 5th. But next season however...

Which, let's be honest, given our finances is where we would typically expect to be.

Have to agree with that RiG. Until a Qatari oil sheik takes over it's going to be 'keep our head above water' up to xmas then get to the magic 35 points (or whatever) by any means in the new year.

Not exactly the recipe for slick daring football but that's life.

Totally agree. I just did a wee preview about ICT this coming season for When Saturday Comes and that was exactly my response to their question about where we will finish. Survival is always our main aim and perhaps we have been spoiled a bit by tending to finishing 7th / 8th. I recall a lot of talk about top six etc. but I think we are starting to become a bit more realistic now as to where our position is, certainly in this current climate and opposition.

My forecast, apart from Celtic who are going to get some shocks this season, it is going to be a close run thing for all clubs at both ends of the spectrum.

ICT fifth.However fingers crossed in the injury department.

Incidentally Oldcaleygirl the King is coming on Wednesday, how right you were!!!

Billy Dodds ! ? he knows about as much as that other Crateur that spouts doom and gloom and tells us we need a song. D0on't want to remember his name really,would use up too many brain cells want to keep it positive :wink:

Edited by bughtmaster
  • Agree 1