FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

More Friday night football

Heilandee

Some way off yet , but just a wee heads up ICT game V Dundee at Dens due 20th Oct has been moved to Friday 19th as several of our games as club 12 clash with Yenited and this ane has been moved.

post-4861-0-19964000-1345738630.jpg

Some way off yet , but just a wee heads up ICT game V Dundee at Dens due 20th Oct has been moved to Friday 19th as several of our games as club 12 clash with Yenited and this ane has been moved.

Is Friday the new Sunday?

Friday for telly as there is money coming in is bad enough bad just so avoid a fixture clash! What's wrong with Sunday at 3pm? They wonder where the fans are going? Expect a shocker in the away end. They have done the same to C@unty in September. Shocking! I am starting to feel envious of The Rangers FC fans.

I would like to know our clubs thoughts on this. Did they cave in? Did they have the chance to say poke it? Two Friday games in a row and both I intended to be at. Will be missing both now.

I reckon SPL just told us We're playing Friday instead and we have no say in the matter. Gettin' shafted again. Not many folk will travel to Dundee on a Friday. The game on the 5th vs C*unty isn't too bad because it's all local.

If the police can call off a game because the public may be at risk due to ice and snow on the way to a stadium, then why cant they raise the issue of distance traveled and sleep deprivation Mon to Fri.

Motherwell v St Mirren, Killy, Celtic, Hearts or Hibs no problem.

Dundee v united, Aberdeen or St Johnstone no problem

ICT v County no problem.

Further distances distances for an evening KO where it can be avoided isnt just stupid, its dangerous!

If I were to drive for 2-3 hours to watch a game straight after work with no break or food then I am putting myself, passengers and other road users at a greater risk and its solely down to the laziness of organizing the SPL fixtures and deciding which may be used for tv.

Im not against Friday night football but common sense seems to be lacking, not only will Dundee miss out on away fans but the traveling fans that do make it will be a danger to themselves and others on the road.

I appreciate that the games can't be played at the same time, especially in Dundee where the 2 grounds are so close, but why can't they just stagger the games with one game kicking off at, say, midday and the other at 4pm? That should be enough of a time gap to prevent any clashes between the rival fans of the home teams whilst allowing visiting fans the opportunity to get to the games.

• Agree 1

I appreciate that the games can't be played at the same time, especially in Dundee where the 2 grounds are so close, but why can't they just stagger the games with one game kicking off at, say, midday and the other at 4pm? That should be enough of a time gap to prevent any clashes between the rival fans of the home teams whilst allowing visiting fans the opportunity to get to the games.

Because that's too much like common sense and the SPL don't so common sense. The same logic of common sense could have the game rescheduled to the Sunday. Gawd how I hate this league.

• Agree 1

County at home on a Friday night from a local, travel perspective, the occasion and the TV attraction is understandable. Dungdee away for either ICT or Tinkerville is pure madness. I wonder what would have been said if it was anyone coming to the Highlands on a Friday night. Are all three games on the box or is this a straightforward fixture change ?

The bad news, Caley D has mentioned in the past that part of our contractual obligations with SKY ESPN is that fixtures may be moved and we dont get any extra cash for moving a game. ( please correct if Im wrong)

However the Dundee match is being covered by BBC ALBA so Im assuming there should be some cash on the table.

BBC ALBA are covering a Dundee game on a Saturday, County are playing against Dundee Utd the evening before so it would make sense if ALBA covered that game too.

I have a question though, when will the game be on TV if its shown on BBC ALBA

IHE

14/9 United v County TV ?

15/9 Dundee v Motherwell ALBA

5/10 ICT v County ESPN

19/10 Dundee v ICT ALBA

20/10 United v Aberdeen ALBA

Friday night football also means a rare Saturday off for the team.

Edited by 12th Man

Just to add that if it can be done in Inverness it can be done in Dundee. ICT's match against Celtic tomorrow has been moved to 12.45 so there is no clash with the big cup match at 15.00 between Clach and Lossie. :tongueincheek:

• Agree 1

I don't see what the problem is. Everyone in Inverness has a private hellicopter to travel to away matches :tongueincheek:

For once I even feel sorry for them over the bridge!

To get to Dungdee the choices are:-

The notorious A96/A90 via Aberdeen (170 miles 4 hours)

The even more notorious A9/A90 via Perth (140 miles 3 hours)

or worse deer infested single track bits of tarmac over the grampian mountains (130 miles 3.5 hours)

Which ever way you go its 3+ hours of travel each way, just what you need on a friday after a hard week at work.

Here's 1 of Scotland's least heard sayings "Lets go to Dundee for a night out/weekend"

"Friday Night Football" sponsered by the South Preservation League!

I don't see what the problem is. Everyone in Inverness has a private hellicopter to travel to away matches :tongueincheek:

For once I even feel sorry for them over the bridge!

To get to Dungdee the choices are:-

The notorious A96/A90 via Aberdeen (170 miles 4 hours)

The even more notorious A9/A90 via Perth (140 miles 3 hours)

or worse deer infested single track bits of tarmac over the grampian mountains (130 miles 3.5 hours)

Which ever way you go its 3+ hours of travel each way, just what you need on a friday after a hard week at work.

Here's 1 of Scotland's least heard sayings "Lets go to Dundee for a night out/weekend"

"Friday Night Football" sponsered by the South Preservation League!

You missed out the obvious route A82, A85, A90.

Or perhaps A9 North to Scrabster, ferry to Stromness drive to Kirkwall, catch the 11pm ferry to Aberdeen, then A90 south to Dundee. :tongueincheek:

Edited by 12th Man

Really! You've obviously never been,try it for yersel, pub crawl down the Perth road or a night oot in the Ferry,( nae curfew!) if you don't have a great time I'll come and support Caley!!

Correct that we get no extra money for league games being moved for TV. If any additional games were to be purchased then the fee for that would go to the central "pot" as the SPL own the rights. Cup matches are different.

To my knowledge, individual clubs have little say in fixtures being moved and would need a very good reason to refuse. Being inconvenient for the fans, rather bizarelly, does not appear to be a good reason.

Personally, I do think it's a bit more than coincidence that all 3 Friday games involve ourselves and C*unty. If you actually look at the games they would have clashed with then it would have made far more sense that they were the ones moved to the Friday as it would have involved far less travelling for the visiting support.

At a time when the game in this country needs every fan it can muster, then it makes no sense whatsoever to be making it even more difficult for people to get to games....bizarre decision making at it's best, IMO.

Really! You've obviously never been,try it for yersel, pub crawl down the Perth road or a night oot in the Ferry,( nae curfew!) if you don't have a great time I'll come and support Caley!!

Where I come a night out in the ferry means white lightning, heroin and being stabbed.