FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Lows and Highs

davieB

Saturday was one of the worst performances I can remember from us, tonight was one of the best. Absolutely feckin brilliant. With better finishing we could've put 3 or 4 past them.

I'm still grinning like a mentalist :001: :001: :001:

Now, feckin perform like that on Saturday and Monday boys!!

For me tonight's result has to be up there as one of, if not the, best ICT result EVER!!! Oh how sweet it was to silence the sectarian chanting with a swift hoof of Dods' boot.....and their chanting was not to be heard again until well after the final whistle blew and a small band of inverness based huns walking down Longman Road were heard singing "you're only sheepsh***ing ba****ds"  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

And can I just say for the record........."I love SEBO !!!!!!"

It's not often we do group hugs in the North Stand - that's how momentous an occasion that second goal from John Rankin was tonight against the Huns!!! Magic stuff!!

The best bit of all was watching all those Huns (who had sung and danced non-stop for 41 minutes) looking so sad and dejected as they headed back to their homes in places like, eh.......................Dingwall, Ullapool, Portree, Bettyhill and - er - Inverness!!  :016:

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

Brilliant performance, brilliant comeback, brilliant result - especially against a team who just beat Aberdeen, thrashed Hibs, and played Celtic off the park. (Not to mention all their European stuff)

And even then, 2-1 flattered Rangers. Their penalty was an absolute joke. They had a few scrambles in and around our box but didn't get much change from our back 4.

Richard Hastings was as good as anyone on the park - he's was absolutly dominant tonight, including in the air where he used to struggle. When's the last time he had a bad game?

Dodds has always been a rock for us at the back, but now he's making a habit of getting on the scoresheet, terrific stuff, he even did a Cruyff turn at one point!

Roscoe - did alright at the back but his distribution was woeful. It was as if he was actually AIMING for row Z behind the goals such was the consistancy with which he found it.

Roy McBain played the anchor role like a master - and was still managing to make surging runs into the box in injury time. All the clowns who say he's over the hill are clueless. He even contributed to our winning goal - running into the box attracting defenders which gave Rankin more time and space to shoot.

Blackie - a class act. His booking (I assume it was for kicking the ball away) was a disgrace, he didn't actually even kick it away, he flicked it up and it landed in the same place. Then minutes later Charlie Adam hoofs the ball 40 yards into the air in disgust - no booking.

Bazza - worked like a Japanese prisoner of war all night as usual, but not one of his better games. Gave the ball away more times than Olivier Tebily.

Rankin - looks like a different player to the one who arrived. He's in his element out on the wing. Excellent first touch, control and dribbling. His crossing aswell, remniscent of Robson - perhaps even BETTER than Robson. He should be taking EVERY set piece.

Wyness - terrorised the Huns defenders when he ran with the ball. Back to his very best - I actually rate him more highly than Dargo now.

Bayne - A masterclass in holding the ball. He never wasted it. Could perhaps have gotten on the scoresheet, he had a header from close range that he probably should have done better with. The number of high balls that he won was outstanding.

Morgan - good to see him back, but he did seem to be ballwatching a bit after he came on. Perhaps he was still in shock.

I don't think we should make any changes to the team from tonight.

Excellent from the lads and much improved from the pish we saw at EEP and Tannadump. Hopefully they'll do this more often as it will mean squat if we are beaten by Falkirk and St. Mirren.

Still a bit concerned about the midfield at times but they seemed a bit better organised. Defence and attack was spot on. Wyness was excellent tonight (yesterday technically!).

Same again next week please!

Best home performance of the season, even if it was only RFC we were playing!

Unlike RIG I have no worries about our  midfield, none of them at any point in the proceedings could be described as "utterly useless".

In fact, John Rankin's goal was worth the transfer fee we paid on it's own.

The lows - 1-1 with ten minutes to go, waiting for the sucker punch which we have been hit by too often this season , the highs , waving goodbye to the early leavers ( home and away ) and seeing JR's left foot produce one of those oh so fine magic moments!!!

I'd be quite gutted if i had missed that one.

Unlike RIG I have no worries about our  midfield, none of them at any point in the proceedings could be described as "utterly useless".

Where does this 'utterly useless' bit come from? I don't believe I claimed they were utterly useless last night.

Yes I did describe them as utterly useless in an earlier game this season as their performance was awful and as others have noted in the last couple of Away games this description would have been perfectly applicable for some recent games as well.

Not last night though as I have already stated in plenty of threads based on last nights game.

"Utterly useless" was your epithet for John Rankin, not "them".

You also question the amount of money that the club paid for him.

The high for me was JR's spectacular shot which was a guided missile right towards the bunker housing the hun.

The low is having to suffer the uninformed and negative whingeing on here in order to get the nuggets.

I stand by my comments about John Rankin as I have said to you before so I am not going over that ground again.

As I have also said previously if the players (or team) plays well then I am happy to dish out praise and for last night the team deserve all the praise in the world. However if a player, in my opinion (and it may only be my opinion) hasn't played well then I will post that.

Rankin was annonymous in the games versus United and Dunfermline- surely you cannot dispute that? He was awfully ineffective particularly against the Pars. He has not justified the 65k we paid for him but if he can become more consistent and add some more goals to his game then he will be doing just grand.

You a "supporter" stand by calling one of our players "utterly useless"?

Was it only JR that was responsible for the recent bad run?

Supporting a "provincial" team is not like ordering a hamburger and getting the same every time.

You may recall that some, now deified players, were ordinary for periods. Not utterly useless, just ordinary.

Yes I stand by it and no JR was not the only one responsible but I don't believe I ever claimed he was.

If I mind right the quote was taken from a thread about John Rankin no?

I'm glad that Rankin vastly improved his performance from Saturday to score a wonderful winner but he needs to play like that more often IMO.

Caught the game on Setanta in the pub getting smashed. We were amazing! I can't remember Brown having any more than one save of note. Macgregor was immense tonight. Without him we could have hit them for 4 or 5. I think the stats said 8 saves. Rankin was sheer class tonight and Bayne is continuing to show marked improvement in his aerial distribution. Caused their back four all sorts of trouble!

Before the game given the form of both teams i feared the worst. After it i phoned my hun bud and even he admitted ICT were the better team and deserved to win. Never a penalty either for Ferguson but Dodds tug on Novo was a tad cheeky! and had novo done the usual and tumbled i felt they would have got a penalty. So it evened up there. Novo dived before that too. My mate said that was a stonewaller along with the tug. I said it was the only way they would have scored tonight because their attacking force was poor to say the least. Some great link up play down the flanks and Rankin missed an immense cut back from Rossco after some neat one-twos on the wing when he should have at least hit the target.

All in all an emmense effort and if we play like that against anyone, on the deck, quick attacking the wings we shouldn't have to many problems. Funny that the last game we won was against Rangers on our undefeated run!!! Most ironic :015: :015: :015: :022: :021: