FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

1038 train service to Dingwall

TopSix

Considering County have 4,000 season ticket holders residing in Inverness its not a lot is it,  if you all book your seats they will have to add more carriages.

I don't think you can book seats on this one? They said in their latest tweet to me to "contact our CR dpt on 0845 601 5929 to log your comments or make a complaint".

Considering County have 4,000 season ticket holders residing in Inverness its not a lot is it,  if you all book your seats they will have to add more carriages.

I don't think you can book seats on this one? They said in their latest tweet to me to "contact our CR dpt on 0845 601 5929 to log your comments or make a complaint".

Tbh, I would assume if you buy your tickets in advance, they will have to prebook your seats, http://tickets.redspottedhanky.com/rsh/en/journeyplanning/FaresView    if you open an account with a £5 Tesco voucher it will pay for your seat and give you £1.20  change to use on another journey within 6 months

Just checked and after selecting your train times It gives you the option to reserve a seat

Edited by 12th Man

I got an open return yesterday on eastcoast.co.uk and it let me book the outward journey seat.

I got an open return yesterday on eastcoast.co.uk and it let me book the outward journey seat.

Did it actually let you book seat between Inverness and Dingwall? I think you'll be lucky to get standing room let alone a booked seat.

Not the way it works with First. I have booked seats between Perth and Glasgow on International days only to find myself standing with all the other over booked.

The thing is when the train is jam packed like that its impossible to find the seat your booked on let alone find a conductor to complain to. Unless First see they may make extra cash by increasing the train size then I think those who arrive at the station earlier will get on the train first.

The sensible thing would be a football special ten minutes later or earlier than the scheduled.

Did it actually let you book seat between Inverness and Dingwall? I think you'll be lucky to get standing room let alone a booked seat.

Yeah just went and picked the tickets up and they have seat numbers for the Inverness - Dingwall leg. I'm not too fused about actually getting the seats but the fact I have them booked on that particular train on an open return should guarantee I get on that train even if its rammed.

I would have thought the club would have looked into organising a football special train for this one

I'd imagine traffic congestion tomorrow will be a big problem and this could have possibly eased or prevented it

Maybe Caleyjagsforever should be looking into such worthwhile ventures?

Dougal

How exactly could the club have done that Dougal?

Are you being deliberately stupid?

I'd hazard a guess that the would contact Scotrail to enquire about availability and costs

Football specials have been on the go for decades it would be the ideal way to get the majority of both sets of fans to the game seeing there is as many County fans based in Inverness as there are ICT fans

You could even segregate the carriages if need be but due to the friendly relationship I doubt it would be an issue

Dougal

Are you being deliberately stupid?

I'd hazard a guess that the would contact Scotrail to enquire about availability and costs

Football specials have been on the go for decades it would be the ideal way to get the majority of both sets of fans to the game seeing there is as many County fans based in Inverness as there are ICT fans

You could even segregate the carriages if need be but due to the friendly relationship I doubt it would be an issue

Dougal

They would need to do a hell of a lot more than that. It's not as simple as you may wish to make it out. The easiest option of course is to strengthen the trains already in service but that is down to Scotrail. After that, any proposed additional services would need to be run through Network Rail, consult with other train operating companies and other carriages brought in from elsewhere on given that Scotrail don't own the trains they run and quite a few are already out of service or are in use elsewhere and may not be available for immediate use.

Well done on the childish retort there by the way.

Parking at the ground is very poor. Your best bet if your travelling by car is to park at tesco. Its only a 5 min walk to the stadium by get in early as it will fill up quite fast since its a derby game

Most Tescos usually have a limit on how long you can park for. Is there a carpark on the edge of town. I plan being there about ten so we have time to go and eat before game?