FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Danny Wilson Ineligible?

If that is the case though, would Hearts not have discovered when Wilson served his suspension?  If they did, why don't they come out and say it?
It's really all guesswork on my part but their silence is quite interesting. I thought they would have taken the opportunity to put it to bed by now.

just found this......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/13/squad-sheets-liverpool-arsenal

on kickback they are all saying Danny served his suspension at this game, however it clearly states that there are NO Liverpool players suspended for this game!

For all those from kickback who keep coming over to check us out (I know your out there) sorry to burst your bubble  :finger:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8580683.stm

First story confirming his suspension and the fact it's for the Scottish League Cup.

Cheers Hearts, and I'm not sure how anyone can serve a suspension in another competition if it's specifically listed as one so to those on kickback not entirely sure how a game against Arsenal counts.

Fingers crossed the SFA do their jobs properly and don't bow to the bigger teams wishes and larger fan base. Thus Hampden here we come- We'll be comin' down the road! At the least I expect a replay.

The big questioned this morning though is 'were Inverness cheated out of a Cup Final appearance?'

An interesting point from the House of Commons:

''Radical proposals to overhaul the way English football is run could be backed by new legislation, following a withering parliamentary report criticising the failure to introduce new financial controls and increase the influence of fans.''

The SFA on 30 November 2012 ''Scottish football’s governing bodies have launched a new survey asking fans for their views on key issues affecting the sport.''  ICT supporters want honesty and transparency. The Communities Cup is sponsored with public money. The First Minister is a Jambo but his integrity is about fair play. ''The Scottish Government is renewing its sponsorship of this year’s Scottish Communities League Cup, with funding support of £1.7 million''

Can we now see the official record showing Wilson's suspension from the Competition? As others have stated, the truth will come out and freedom of information questions will follow if the SFA does not publish it. Best value is about playing by the rules of the competition and Inverness have played by the rules but we need confirmation that Wilson was not suspended.

The fans are the future of Scottish football - Hearts would only want to take their place at Hampden if they had played by the rules of the Cup competition. 

Hi guys, Hibs fan in peace.

Hopefully I will get a reasonable welcome as per your banner at the top of the page. Highland Welcome and all that :smile:

I have been watching this farce from a Neutral perspective as my team couldnae get past QOS in the cup.

Both Hibs.net and Jambos Kickback have gone into meltdown regarding the issue of DW. 8 pages on .net and 13 pages on Kickback. Each trying to outdo the other.

To correct a couple of posters on here, it actually started on a jambo's facebook page which was then questioned on kickback and then the Hibs fans got digging. It's a sad state of affairs and brings out the worst in fans when they start having a go at the other clubs fans, none of whom have anything to do with the issue. I'm sure you're aware of the thread on Kickback but wondered what you thought of this comment.

"Can I give a wee history lesson on Caley Thistle. When the merger occured those for it had to obtain a two third majority from the Caley shareholders to transfer the assets of the club to Caley Thistle. They didn't achieve it but yet still went ahead and transfered the assests. Some old Caley fans tried to freeze the assets but ran out of money to fight it as you could not get a lawyer in the highlands to touch the case and they had to take one up from Edinburgh each time.

The club was rotten from the start and still is.

The majority of there "supporters" are Celtic and Rangers fans. I even heard one say today it was a bad weekend for him as Caley and Celtic lost!!!! What????? EHHHH??

Horrible little club".

I hope for the sake of Scottish football that the truth comes out, and if Hearts got the all clear from the SFA, they'd surely have a copy of the fax.(paper permitting).

I'm sure you're aware of the thread on Kickback but wondered what you thought of this comment.

"Can I give a wee history lesson on Caley Thistle.....

Sounds like the blue and white "bah humbug" santa hats meeting in the phonebox have been bashing away at their keyboards again!

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 1

just found this......

on kickback they are all saying Danny served his suspension at this game, however it clearly states that there are NO Liverpool players suspended for this game!

For all those from kickback who keep coming over to check us out (I know your out there) sorry to burst your bubble  :finger:

well thats the English Fa's fault then surely if they didn't impose the ban

seems everyone is guessing here and the silence from the SFA/SFL is deafening

just found this......

It wasn't up to the English FA to impose the ban. He was specifically banned for a SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP game

just found this......

It wasn't up to the English FA to impose the ban. He was specifically banned for a SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP game

but these bans are transferable like Duncan Fergusons ban or Joey Bartons ban, they were banned for 10 SPL games and 12 EPL games each and they served their suspensions in the EPL and the French league

sky sports news have now picked up on the story, so its starting to gather pace. Hearts fans getting very worried, Hibees accussing them of being bigger cheats than Oldco, SFA got a lot of explaining.

Wilson could only serve his one match ban in the League cup IN SCOTLAND, so no other way he could have played. HE WAS BANNED, and they cant say he didnt influence the game, after he set up Ngoo with the equaliser.

Dont know if I want a cup final this way, but they cheated, Hearts would not care about us if Shinnie was banned and we had won!

OMG can people read this very very long thread before posting stuff that has already been covered many times.  It clearly states that this ban was for the next Scottish League Cup game, if it was transferable (which I don't believe it was) it was never served, so that point isn't valid.

It will be interesting to hear the formal response the club receive.  I don't think it will change the outcome, but I do think someone has to hold their hands up and admit a mistake somewhere along the line.   Hearts and Danny Wilson would both have known about the outstanding suspension but checked with the SFA and IMHO were given wrong information.  The information did not have to show on his transfer paperwork as it was over a season old and was not applicable to his time in England.  You have to check the disciplinary records to look for suspensions and my guess is that this is the bit where an admin error occurred.  Ultimately the responsibility lies with the club to ensure no suspensions and Hearts can defend themselves because they asked the SFA for clarification and were told he could play.

That's a brief summary through my eyes.  I don't have the time or inclination to spend the hours that many have done doing the research on this but the above is kind of the highlights from those posts

• Agree 3

sky sports news have now picked up on the story, so its starting to gather pace. Hearts fans getting very worried, Hibees accussing them of being bigger cheats than Oldco, SFA got a lot of explaining.

Wilson could only serve his one match ban in the League cup IN SCOTLAND, so no other way he could have played. HE WAS BANNED, and they cant say he didnt influence the game, after he set up Ngoo with the equaliser.

Dont know if I want a cup final this way, but they cheated, Hearts would not care about us if Shinnie was banned and we had won!

He also blocked McKays "effort".

I read a new thread about 20 minutes ago stating Sky had picked up on it and were confirming he was ineligable. Where the feck has it gone?!?!

Merged with this one. If you read the Sky report you'll see it does nothing more than copy parts of the statement put out by ICT.

SFA have just tweeted that Wilson served his suspension Liverpool v Arsenal as FA do not recognise competition specific bans!

IF they have announced that after having properly checked all the relevant rules and the facts relating to that particular suspension, then I guess that's the end of that. But nothing would surprise me.

SFA have just tweeted that Wilson served his suspension Liverpool v Arsenal as FA do not recognise competition specific bans!

IF they have announced that after having properly checked all the relevant rules and the facts relating to that particular suspension, then I guess that's the end of that. But nothing would surprise me.

Bullsh*t, English FA nothing to do with this ban. Clearly a tournament specific issue and this is just a smokescreen to me.

Still think its not correct. Surely he would have had to have been listed somewhere as having served the suspension and If not he should now have served it on return to scotland?

Any way can't do much more now. Wait and see what happens.

Roll on tomorrow night!

SFA have only repeated the Transfer Certificate guff.   Still no proof Wilson served a ban.   There must be a paper trail to/from FA>Liverpool about the suspension. Surely the SFA should be chasing this to confirm, beyond doubt, that the Arsenal game was the game used for the ban.

This is not finished as DD said.

How can it be competition specific but suspension took place in another country?

Why didn‘t they mention the Arsenal game originally?

If he was suspended for that game why did they need to ask before our game?

Know one can find any record of him being suspended for that game. In fact the Guardian lists no suspensions for that game.

We cannot let this go until we get the truth. All I want is an honest answer. We wont get a replay out of it but we deserve the truth.

• Agree 2

Soccer News Prediction Liverpool Vs Arsenal Aug 14th 2010 http://www.soccernews.com/prediction-liverpool-vs-arsenal/56296/

"Hodgson reinforced the squad with some very good players like Joe Cole, Milan Jovanovic and Christian Poulsen, while Danny Wilson and Jonjo Shelvey are also there to help if needed."

Why wasn't Danny Wilson serving his ban?  Sorry what is that SFA??  More lies?

I think it is pretty likely that with so much media scrutiny now on them, the SFA would only put out this statement after they had checked the relevant facts and rules. And I'm also pretty sure that behind the scenes, ICT have asked for some more specific details and evidence than has been released publicly.