FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Reguero to Kilmarnock?

RedCard

Don't know why people (most people not all) are believing the Sun, absolute fecking bollocks. It would be in nearly all newspapers and Toni did say he wanted a go at Europe, can't see kilmarnock making Europe somehow. Yes Bell is probably leaving, kello is supposed to be joining, letheren and jaakola are alright (apart from letheren can't catch, so he's not alright ) , these are all rumours

Thats why its on the rumours forum......for now!

If we haven't offered him a deal and Killie have then he has to look after himself and ensure he has some degree of security. Don't blame him at all.

Fans are far too quick to vilify a player.

• Agree 1

First 'quote' I've heard from the club in relation to this 'rumour', is in todays Scotsman...

Inverness goalkeeper Antonio Reguero is in talks with Kilmarnock over a potential summer switch having impressed since joining on a one-year deal from Spanish club Gandia last June. Reguero is thought to have been offered a pre-contract deal as Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels braces himself for Cammy Bell’s departure at the end of the season.

Inverness manager Terry Butcher said: “It will be disappointing if Antonio does leave. There will be no hard feelings I have always said I will never, ever stop a player leaving us for more money somewhere else. ”

So, It's no longer a rumour and I'd hazard a guess that sadly, he won't be here next season. It's always disappointing when we resurrect a player's career, give them a platform - put them in the shop window, then they up-sticks and leave at the earliest opportunity. Happens to us all the time!

Have we actually offered Reguero a deal?

I don't know, but looking at Terry's quote, I reckon they've discussed terms on a new deal but can't financially match what Kilmarnock are offering...

From the same article*, I notice Killie have also just signed TWO Nigerian International players! Another club operating outwith their means I wonder?!

*http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/kilmarnock-sign-gabriel-reuben-and-papa-idris-1-2862079

• Agree 1

He tweeted earlier saying

"I just can say Thanks to everyone,supporters,@ICTFC etc.Now fight with my mates 7 games and finish in top positions! #PrideOfTheHighlands"

Definitely away.

• Agree 2

He tweeted earlier saying

"I just can say Thanks to everyone,supporters,@ICTFC etc.Now fight with my mates 7 games and finish in top positions! #PrideOfTheHighlands"

Definitely away.

Good find, RiG. Looks like he's off indeed! We'll have to find another 'keeper! Our scout/coach, Steve Marsella, was one himself, so he knows what to look for. He found a gem in Reguero!

I imagine Scott Mathieson would do a decent job as back up to Esson, but ideally we need another goalie with experience to challenge Ryan for the jersey.

Edited by Sneckboy

going to move this from the rumour mill now as its been in the media a fair bit, Terry has commented, and it seems the player himself may have confirmed it .....

Should just bring Tuffey back. Not like his career has taken off at St J's :tongueincheek:

Wouldn't be a bad move. Contract is up in the summer. The only stumbling block is how much football he has played with St Johnstone. I see he hasn't appeared in the first team since joining but I don't know how many games he has played at Under 20 level. 

Players come and go, In Steve Marsella we trust. 

Guest Mahonio

What about Dunfermline goalie if he is released by Pars later today, is it Paul Gallagher?

May be worth waiting to see who is released by Para because there could be players worth looking at, Joe Cardle for example.

Thoughts?

Sad that Reguero is (if true) leaving us, he has done a great job for us and will continue to do so 'till that day comes.

Quite sure he will do his best to get us that second spot regardless of the switch.

Good luck Toni, you helped to get us on the winning trail so thanks for that.

• Agree 1

Mark Brown to Celtic - Bench Warmer and went for the money

Michael Fraser to Motherwell - Lasted 8 games then was on the bench for the rest of the season

Jonny Tuffey to St Johnstone - Maybe a few appearances in cup games this season but still remains on the bench

Antonio Reguero to Kilmarnock maybe?

SPL clubs really do like our keepers. None of those keepers have really done anything since leaving the club just look at Brown and Fraser there at the gypos now. Their careers are at a all tme LOW

• Agree 1

Kilmarnock boss talking publicly about it now. Aye, he's away for sure...

Shiels also confirmed Inverness goalkeeper Antonio Reguero is on his radar and he is optimistic about his chances of recruiting the player for next season.

He said: "I spoke to Terry Butcher in January to say that I was interested in the goalkeeper to give us back-up for Cammy Bell and to challenge Cammy for the shirt.

"There has been a good response and hopefully that will reach a conclusion very shortly."

If Reguero wants to go to Kilmarnock for the lifestyle, friends etc then fair enough. But am I the only one wondering how Kilmarnock are able to make bigger contract offers than us with the amount of debt they have and after saying without Rangers in the SPL they would be put out of business. Even this season they have been greeting saying they are close to going under. I'm proud we operate within our means but it also makes me angry seeing us get shafted by rival clubs with a mountain of debt.

• Agree 5