FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Our worst ever XI

hislopsoffsideagain

I thought people might find this article amusing - Scottish football website The Terrace is running a series on every SPL club's 'worst XI' from the SPL era.  I was asked to do ICT's, and set 2004, our promotion to the SPL as the cut off point.

I'm sure there will be disagreements with some of the picks, but I think most of them will be hard to argue with...particularly the dreaded Andy Barrowman!

http://terracepodcast.com/1/post/2013/02/worst-xi-inverness-caledonian-thistle.html

• Agree 3

I wouldn't have said Blackman was one of the worst.  From what I saw of him, he was a decent player, but obviously was a bit of a nugget off the park.  Aldred was maybe in the same boat - decent player, just had no interest in being here. 

Richie Byrne surely would have to be in there, perhaps he's ruled out there as having never played (probably because he was so rubbish!).  Bulvitus was pretty rotten a lot of the time too.

Can't disagree much with the rest though.

Every ICT Worst XI MUST have Darran Thompson, it's the law. Thankfully he hardly featured in the SPL, but I definitely remember seeing him in our Pittdorie days.

I absolutely love remembering about how terrible he was, he's playing in the east of Scotland league at the moment I think, can't remember who for though.

Every ICT Worst XI MUST have Darran Thompson, it's the law. Thankfully he hardly featured in the SPL, but I definitely remember seeing him in our Pittdorie days.

I absolutely love remembering about how terrible he was, he's playing in the east of Scotland league at the moment I think, can't remember who for though.

Vale of Leithen!

What a terrible subject! All these guys must feel really good reading how they were thought of at this so called "family club". I bet not one of you could lace any of these guys boots! :redcard:

Edited by caleyboy
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

What a terrible subject! All these guys must feel really good reading how they were thought of at this so called "family club". I bet not one of you could lace any of these guys boots! :redcard:

Lost your sense of humour Caleyboy! As the op states just a bit of fun. Cant get the smileys to work so red card to you too !

• Agree 3

Heaven forbid a bit of humour on this site eh.

Let's not forget these guys were trying to earn a living so as long as you can all accept people laughing at the your work performance then that's fine. Sorry but not my idea of humour  :walking:  

• Disagree 1

No to Proctor being in there.  Shadow player of what he could have been at the end due to lost confidence but he did well for a number of years.  I just wish we could have seen him at sweeper or defensive mid early on, with LDZ and Tokely bombing along the wings.  A lost opportunity.

Right....now for our worst XI posters.  Wonder who #1 will be?  Ach, you guessed it!

Heaven forbid a bit of humour on this site eh.

Let's not forget these guys were trying to earn a living so as long as you can all accept people laughing at the your work performance then that's fine. Sorry but not my idea of humour  :walking:  

Lighten up - it's Friday.  If you put yourself up to public scrutiny in the entertainment business then you can expect to get criticism if you fail to entertain.  And you can expect those you failed to entertain to find their own entertainment at your expense.  It goes with the territory.  But where, I wonder do you draw the line?  If, in an individual game, someone has a mare of a game should we not mention the fact for fear of offending them?  Should we ban negative book / film / theatre / album / restaurant reviews?  After all all those authors, actors, directors, musicians, chefs etc are just trying to make a living.

It is fair comment to say that you should make fun of others if you aren't prepared to have others make fun of you.  But I think the point here is that most of the folk on this forum are quite happy to take a joke at their own expense. 

In any case, if they have any sense at all, I very much doubt that any of the illustrious players mentioned here access this site these days.  Andy Barrowman doesn't - apparently someone sent him the link once but every time he tried to click on it with the mouse he missed.  :lol:

double-facepalm_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg?imgmax=

No to Proctor being in there.  Shadow player of what he could have been at the end due to lost confidence but he did well for a number of years.  I just wish we could have seen him at sweeper or defensive mid early on, with LDZ and Tokely bombing along the wings.  A lost opportunity.

I'd agree with that in a sense.  After Proctor came back from Dundee United, he had a couple of season where he was a decent player.  He was finished though after the season when we won Division One and was pretty rotten towards the end.

Lionel on a good day (rare I know!) could be very good.  On a bad day though.....

Here's a couple more to throw out there - 

Rory McAllister (can't believe he's not been mentioned already!) - He was rubbish.

Garry Wood - Like a bigger McAllister, also rubbish.  A poor man's Shane Sutherland.

Greg Tansey - Billed before he signed a great ball player, who'd turned down Liverpool to get more game time and was seen by some to be a true replacement for Ian Black.  Ran around like a headless chicken, did basically nothing for a season and then disappeared at the first chance he got!

Edited by Renegade