FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

List of Free Agent Players Available in SPL

Dargo20

ABERDEEN

Gavin Rae, Rory Fallon, Gary Naysmith, Isaac Osbourne, Rob Milsom, Mitch Megginson.

CELTIC

Paddy McCourt, Thomas Rogne.

DUNDEE

Brian Easton, Gary Irvine, Mark Kerr, John Baird, Kevin McBride, Jim McAlister, Mark Stewart, Ryan Conroy, Nicky Riley, Neil McGregor, Steven Milne, Iain Davidson, Matt Lockwood, Carl Finnegan, Davide Grassi, Kyle Benedictus, Rab Douglas, Jamie McCluskey, Graham Webster, Alex Baird, Steve Simonson, Don Cowan, Andy Barrowman.

DUNDEE UNITED

Willo Flood, Steve Banks, Rory Boulding, Marcus Tornstrad.

HEARTS

Andy Webster, Darren Barr, Marius Zaliukas, Danny Grainger, Dylan McGowan, Arvydas Novikovas, Gordon Smith, Fraser Mullen.

HIBS

Kevin Thomson, David Wotherspoon, Alan Maybury, Pa Kujabi, Shefki Kuqi, Gary Deegan, Sean Murdoch, Jordon Forster.

INVERNESS

Owain Tudur-Jones, Shane Sutherland, Gavin Morrison, Scott Mathieson.

KILMARNOCK

Mo Sissoko, Borja Perez, Garry Hay, Anssi Jaakkola, Ryan O’Leary, Danny Racchi, Kyle Letheren, William Gros, Kris Boyd, Ross Barbour, Ross Fisher.

MOTHERWELL

James McFadden, Michael Higdon, Tom Hateley, Steven Saunders, Chris Humphrey, Omar Daley, Simon Ramsden.

ROSS COUNTY

Evangelos Oikonomou, Steffen Wohlfarth, Mark Brown, Iain Vigurs, Andre Hainault, Mark Fotheringham.

ST JOHNSTONE

Murray Davidson, Chris Millar, Rowan Vine, Callum Davidson, David McCracken, David Robertson, Gary Miller, Frazer Wright, Pat Cregg, Jonny Tuffey, Jamie Adams, Liam Caddis.

ST MIRREN

Paul McGowan, Gary Teale, Craig Samson, Graham Carey, Sam Parkin, Chris Smith, Graeme MacGregor.

Edited by Dargo20

DUNDEE

Brian Easton, Gary Irvine, Mark Kerr, John Baird, Kevin McBride, Jim McAlister, Mark Stewart, Ryan Conroy, Nicky Riley, Neil McGregor, Steven Milne, Iain Davidson, Matt Lockwood, Carl Finnegan, Davide Grassi, Kyle Benedictus, Rab Douglas, Jamie McCluskey, Graham Webster, Alex Baird, Steve Simonson, Don Cowan, Andy Barrowman.

I'd forgotten that Barrenman had moved to Dundee.

This means he now holds the honour of having been relegated from the SPL 3 times with 3 different clubs.

It is actually the only hatrick of his career.

• Agree 15

Jim McAlister was a player that impressed me at Dundee last season, someone who can play the Shinnie area, always pulled out a performance in big games too.

Wouldn't it be ironic if we snapped up Perez with Toni going to Killie. I know it wont happen but would be funny. Mark Brown could make a return as number 2. I am confident that we will see none of these on list at ICT next year.

I thought McCourt was terrific for Celtic.  He just hardly ever played though.  If he had left for regular football, he would be in the Premiership by now.  He has that talent easily.  But now, he's 29 and has hardly any game time behind him.  Just imagine he had spent the last three years at Hibs or Dundee United.  A cass act that is a shadow of what he should be.  It was too easy for him to pick up wages for a few minutes every so often.

If that left back from County is going, he'd be a great back up or even first team choice if we signed him. Also I think Paul McGowan has shown glimpses of brilliance for St M in recent years and can play the Shinnie role too. If Humphreys leaving, get him signed up Terry (I'm joking as his wage will be too high and he would never come up here!)!!!. Flood is a good player but I'm sure he's staying at DU, Wotherspoon at Hibs looks a decent player and maybe we could snap up some of the leaving Hearts and Dundee players?

Those that are good enough to enhance the squad we couldnt afford, the others a lot are journeymen and we already have better IMO.

Higdon and a few of the well guys, Rae, Webster, Zaliukas, Wortherspoon, M.Davidson, Tuffey, McGowan are the only ones who would really be worth serious consideration and could improve the squad.

Many of those players will simply re-sign with their current clubs, they are just technically out of contract. Flood, McFadden and Higdon are obvious names most of us might like to see at ICT, but doubt any of them will head this way.

There was talk of Paddy McCourt coming to MLS, but not sure how serious that was or whether it originated in some fan forum somewhere and just grew arms and legs. I could also see Rory Fallon heading this side of the pond, perhaps even to Toronto given that former New Zealand captain Ryan Nelson is manager here and Fallon is also a New Zealand international. We currently have his fellow NZ striker Jeremy Brockie on loan for a few months as cover for Robert Earnshaw and until Danny Koevermans is back to full fitness, but he is going back to A League in July/Aug so a spot might open up. 

Was watching Canada / Costa Rica friendly the other day and it also seems Hainault is not sure of his future at County. He was interviewed and it did not sound like he has been offered anything (yet). Was talking about finding a club ..... not one for us, but interesting that County seem to have blanked a few players towards the end of the season ... Didnt Vigurs also say something about being offered nothing yet !

Didn't Vigurs go to Oldham?

Wouldn't mind Jim McAllister here.

Barry Robson is also apparently a free agent. I'd have him here if he was affordable. Bet Aberdeen and Dundee Utd will be sniffing around.

not sure if this should be in this topic or in the "who should we sign" one but apparently Mark Brown may be coming to us as a back-up keeper!! Also rumours are that Ikonomou and Hainault are on their way out of Ross County. Oh dear County, oh dear...

• Agree 1

Vigurs' move to Oldham has fallen through. According to what I've read on Twitter he might be on his way to Sevco.

not good i wanted rid of him for good So did I, I think everyone does except he is a good conductor for our singing fans ;)

that is the only thing i like about him, is he is so easy to abuse

I think he had potential. One more season at County and he could have surpassed the seethe-master himself.

Aberdeen have released 11 players according to the BBC, Gavin Rae, Stephen Hughes and Gary Naysmith amongst them. Willo Flood almost certainly joining them according to same source.

We're going English though it's almost certain.

• 2 months later...