FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

League Cup 2nd Round Draw.

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I see that draw for League Cup 2nd round is tomorrow afternoon @ 1430: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2%80%9314_Scottish_League_Cup.

Teams in it: Falkirk, Morton, Montrose, Cowdenbeath, Forfar, Stranraer, Hamilton, Dumbarton, Dunfermline, Queen of the South, Alloa, Raith, Livingston, Airdrieonians, Partick, Dundee, Inverness Caley, Ross County., Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Hearts and St Mirren.

Not sure if draw is seeded or not but who takes your fancy from that list, for me: Montrose or Dumbarton, doesn't matter whether its home or away.

Edited by Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

Damn, never knew that but if you look at the link i posted, it says that 2nd round will be the 15 round 1 winners plus the 7 teams in Scots Premier plus relegated Dundee with Hibs, Motherwell, Saints and Celtic entering 3rd round draw.

In fact, you are right my friend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_League_Cup.

Edited by Mahonio

The big clubs don't enter until the next round.

:smile:  But let me get that right - in the third round we will be seeded and will not be drawn against Cellic, Well, St Johns Town or Hibees. Does that result in is also not to be drawn against the next top three SPL teams who get through in the third round as well ?

I never did like seeding and as ICT Chris had said elsewhere the away nights at lower league grounds is missed.

The big clubs don't enter until the next round.

:smile:  But let me get that right - in the third round we will be seeded and will not be drawn against Cellic, Well, St Johns Town or Hibees. Does that result in is also not to be drawn against the next top three SPL teams who get through in the third round as well ?

I never did like seeding and as ICT Chris had said elsewhere the away nights at lower league grounds is missed.

Yes. There will be eight seeded teams, of which we will be one, and eight non seeded. Agree with you about seeding. Cup competitions should be all about random draws out of the hat.

Contrary to what the OP has written above. I assume he didn't realise it was past midnight when he posted. The draw is today at 14:30 hrs.

From SPFL.com.

The Draw for the Second Round of the Scottish League Cup will take place within Hampden Park Stadium on Wednesday, 7th August at 2.30pm.

The Second Round of this season's competition will be seeded and will involve the 15 winners from the First Round and the following clubs: Ross County, Dundee United, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Heart of Midlothian, St. Mirren and Dundee.