FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SFA

Guest Suspicious Mind

Guest Suspicious Mind

For the first time ever (well almost ever) the penpushers at Hampden Park deserve some credit and our praise. I, like many, thought the conversation regarding Judas Smith would have gone something like this:

Murray: Hello, hello!

Taylor: Good morning Sir Greyskull

Murray: We want Walter

Taylor: Of course oh great powerful rich one

Murray: We'll give you 3 and 6, as the coffers are bare after our sojourn with the French Foreign Legion

Taylor: Make it £4 and you have a deal brother

Murray: Done. The cheques in the post

But no, Taylor and the cronies have had the balls to tell Murray to stick it, Smith to sit on his arse and the association to get the compensation they are entitled to.

Well done :025:!

It's the same old story, I'm afraid, of a football contract that is not worth the paper it's written on. Personally I find disgusting that ANY football manager should find managing a club bigger than managing your own country. I think Mr Smith will loose a lot of respect from many Scots on this issue. I hope the SFA do stand firm but I can't see it happening. As Yngwie says they been 'seen to stand up to Rangers'. Money talks - yet again.

Does Smith really want the Rangers job?

Can't say that I've read any direct quotes from him saying he wants to leave and it all seems to be speculation over his desire to manage Rangers ahaead of Scotland.

Perhaps Smith doesn't want to turn around and give Rangers a straight no incase things do go t1ts up at some point with the Scotland job and their is a chance of him getting back into Ibrox in the future.  Perhaps he went to the SFA half hearted and said, "I'm going to ask to leave, but I would prefer you rejected my request."

I'm not convinced one way or the other yet, and I think it's wrong to be jumping on Smith when all we have at the moment is a handful of vague quotes from everyone except the man himself on which the press have spun out, what they would have you believe, a minute by minute analysis of everything that has gone on and will go on.

Guest Suspicious Mind

The SFA have to be SEEN to stand up to Rangers. But behind closed doors everyone involved understands exactly what will happen next.

Deal still not done. It does appear that the cronies aren't rolling over to the steelman without a decent cheque.

Does Smith really want the Rangers job?

Can't say that I've read any direct quotes from him saying he wants to leave and it all seems to be speculation over his desire to manage Rangers ahaead of Scotland.

Perhaps Smith doesn't want to turn around and give Rangers a straight no incase things do go t1ts up at some point with the Scotland job and their is a chance of him getting back into Ibrox in the future.  Perhaps he went to the SFA half hearted and said, "I'm going to ask to leave, but I would prefer you rejected my request."

I'm not convinced one way or the other yet, and I think it's wrong to be jumping on Smith when all we have at the moment is a handful of vague quotes from everyone except the man himself on which the press have spun out, what they would have you believe, a minute by minute analysis of everything that has gone on and will go on.

No doubt in my mind D that he want's to go. Seems keen to keep his "reputation" in tact which will be interesting if Murray says he ain't paying  and if you want the job then jack!

Does Smith really want the job ???

That will be why he asked to be relieved of his Scotland contract on Monday morning then ..... and why the SFA refused

Does Smith really want the job ???

That will be why he asked to be relieved of his Scotland contract on Monday morning then ..... and why the SFA refused

I covered that point in my post - it all depends how serious his request to be relieved really was.

IF - and I know it's a big IF - he doesn't really want to go to Ibrox, then the handling of it all so far (in the public eye) gives Smith and the SFA a win win situation.  Smith gets to stay in the Scotland job without losing face at Ibrox for turning them down flat and the SFA get to look like they aren't the pushover everyone thought they would be.