FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Boosting attendances

12th Man

Ok, I don't have evidence to prove that lowering tickets at ICT would improve attendances. However its true in other countries that if the price is right....people will come!

Only one way to find out. No harm in trying it for a few weeks and see what the out come is

Many clubs have tried it many times. It just doesn't work. Adds a few hundred to the gate perhaps, but slashes revenue.

Whilst not strictly comparable, here's an interesting example from this week.

At full price, Aberdeen get at least 10,000.

With free admission v Viking Stavanger, Aberdeen get........10,000.

Guest NorthOfInverness2

We could offer free cookies when people walk in? May sound stupid but anything's worth a try, a little boy coming as a one off and receiving a cookie? He might like it and enjoy the football more and it could also build up an appetite to eat more therefore buying at the tea bars?

• Agree 2

Years and years ago I took a young woman to a Whitecaps game just before they won the North American Soccer League.

At half time I turned to her and said---what do you think about the game. Like it?

"I love thir legs." she responded whilst the guys surrounding us all burst into laughter. :doh: 

So I suggest Itchy gets his kilt on , gets the sailor-boys off of HMS Sneck and onto the park at half time and does a Legs Up Mother Brown routine for all the nice young lady's who want a bit of thrill a minute game. then maybe they will become rabid footie fans and paying customers.?

Eh? :lol:

We could offer free cookies when people walk in? May sound stupid but anything's worth a try, a little boy coming as a one off and receiving a cookie? He might like it and enjoy the football more and it could also build up an appetite to eat more therefore buying at the tea bars?

post-4861-0-62839700-1378599707.jpg

Ok, I don't have evidence to prove that lowering tickets at ICT would improve attendances. However its true in other countries that if the price is right....people will come!

Only one way to find out. No harm in trying it for a few weeks and see what the out come is

Many clubs have tried it many times. It just doesn't work. Adds a few hundred to the gate perhaps, but slashes revenue.

Whilst not strictly comparable, here's an interesting example from this week.

At full price, Aberdeen get at least 10,000.

With free admission v Viking Stavanger, Aberdeen get........10,000.

That was a friendly, bit different! 

Next season the club should say if we sell over 2500 season tickets. Then the extra income will go back to the fans. At ajax they have a arena card. Instead of money. I you get a match day package you get €10 card for food/drinks (beverages in holland) sneak in a doobie if ya like. Why not hand out a £10 voucher for food/drink etc to every season ticket holder with the extra cash generated by extra season ticket sales? (If there are extra season ticket sales)

Provides incentive, would be a good gesture from the club etc.

Another thing that'd be good to see would be travel club discount for season ticket holders. I doubt this is feasible given petrol/bus hire prices though.

I know the future is in encouraging the younger generation to support the club but would it help attendances in trying to encourage the "oldies" by reducing the concession age from 65 t0 60?

It was only a few seasons ago it was raised to 65 in line with most other clubs. Doubtful they'd change it back. Imo 65 is a fair age to bring in the concession.

yes we need to boost attendances but not as much as some other team across the bridge.Yesterday's crowd of 3005 was an exaggerated figure by all accounts and the hospitality full of Global related companies .

We have a good core support and gradually those who defected last year will return.

As someone said earlier if we can all bring 1 extra person to all home matches and even if only 10% come back that will add about 250 extra

Reducing ticket prices helps to boost turn out but reduces income. Do the extra fans justify the outlay. Maybe it just needs to be the right target audience.

Lets be honest if a ST holder could bring a friend along for £5, I would imagine there are some amongst us who would exploit that and someone who would turn up anyway gets in for a fiver via a pal. 

With a reduced ticket offer do you.

A, get an ICT fan in on the cheap.

B, invite a friend who cant afford to go normally.

C, coax the same person as last time.

D, invite someone different in the hope they become regulars. 

• Agree 1

Perhaps there are people who would like to come along anyway  but find it too daunting, where do I go? how do I pay? will I find our seats ok? will there be any trouble? is there any food available?

Answer  Decide where you want to sit, Family section in the smaller stand nearest the bridge, or behind the goals is the same stand, or the main stand  along side the pitch which is nearest the road. 

You can pay cash at a turnstile, phone up the ticket office and buy your tickets for the game or buy a season ticket book which gives you free entry for the remainder of the season.

The ticket that you bought will tell you the name of the stand  the block of seats you sit in  which row you are in then the seat number, a steward will kindly help you find your seat.

ICT is a family friendly club which doesn't tolerate trouble makers which you may find at larger clubs

Food is served  before and all throughout the match  with a selection of pies, hot dogs and hamburgers sweets, crisps and drinks. you may even like an alcoholic drink before or after the match in the bar but not during the game.

A extra couple of pointers, You may find yourself trying to kicking an imaginary ball during the game, a compelling urge to join in with the other fans cheering on the team, you may find it difficult to sit down when we score a goal, you might enjoy chatting to the people next to you, you may end up speaking to people you haven't seen in ages, you might go home enjoying your day out at a football match and wonder why you didn't  try it before.

• Agree 1

Aye but you may then get there and find yourself and your young impressionable family being subjected to songs and chants containing words that you dont want your young family to hear. or chants referring to sexual acts being performed by certain players. I say that because I know for a fact there are people who wont go to games because of what they hear from the stands.

Aye but you may then get there and find yourself and your young impressionable family being subjected to songs and chants containing words that you dont want your young family to hear. or chants referring to sexual acts being performed by certain players. I say that because I know for a fact there are people who wont go to games because of what they hear from the stands.

Sorry Alex your fired.

I know for a fact that  some people find excuses to avoid doing anything, I have lost count of the excuses heard for not going, why not start by telling people why you enjoy going to the games. 

The first time I took my son aged about 6 to a Clach V Caley game at Grant Street Charlie Christie was getting lots of abuse from the Clach fans. I was hoping he was not going to ask what they were singing and if he did I would just say he worked in a bank! He grew up fine like most children hearing things in school and other places that were not said in the house and have done him no harm.