FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Graeme Bennett resigns from board

Granty24

mmmmm.......the timing in view of the shortlist having been decided....

http://sport.stv.tv/football/249669-inverness-ct-hope-to-appoint-new-manager-in-time-for-morton-cup-clash/

can't be coincidental! Smells like he didn't get his favourite candidate on the shortlist and threw the toys out the pram? :ponder:

Or maybe the timing has to do with the fact it was the club AGM last night?

Is it the case that he was happy to be put forward for re-election at the time when the AGM resolutions would have been issued earlier this month, but when the AGM took place he wanted that resolution withdrawn?

Is it the case that he was happy to be put forward for re-election at the time when the AGM resolutions would have been issued earlier this month, but when the AGM took place he wanted that resolution withdrawn?

I hadn't taken much interest in the AGM this year but that doesn't sound like normal procedure as the board are self-electing and not normally appointed by the AGM.

If memory serves there was a couple of names being voted onto the board. I find it a bit worrying that there could be unrest at board level while we are sitting high in the league and reporting profit. Graeme has never struck me as being someone who'd walk away. He loves the club. He put his own finances at risk to keep the club out of debt by borrowing against his pension fund. There has to be something not right in the boardroom and to me that's a worry.