FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Adam Evans, young players

Rival

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdeen/257293-fourteen-for-14-our-list-of-young-players-to-watch-out-for-in-2014/

This link shows the upcoming players who are expected to shine in 2014

Evans is mentioned and now with Just McKay and Toby (was Toby's contract extended?) I reckon Evans could get a crack especially if McKay leaves. I'd also like to see Christie and Ferguson get more of a crack

• Agree 1

Evans, Christie, Polworth and Pepper have always stood out in the 20s games I've attended this season. I think Ferguson is a bit over-rated possibly because he's been called up by Canada. Evans is a beter protspect in my opinion.

Evans & Christie are 2 very promising players but are complete opposites.

Adam has great acceleration/pace and is a brilliant finisher. Ryan has loads of skill and game awareness but just like his dad has no speed. He will always score goals though.

Think they'll both be immense for us in the next few years!

It's strange that Christie isn't in this list. With him, Evans, Pepper ans the others, we have a great new generation of players ! The future is bright !

Thom Watt from STV was telling me that it was up to the coaches which player was covered in detail, as I thought Christie would've been higher rated. Christie was mentioned but Evans was considered a better talking point.

Christie and Evans are certainly the two with most potential and hopefully Hughes will recognise the benefit in introducing young players into the first team squad as the season progresses. As others have rightly said these two have been the most impressive in the -20s matches this season and Christie, as well as being the top scorer by a long way, has excelled in almost every match. I don't know if I agree with the comment from Tob that he lacks pace as I've certainly not noticed this at the games I've watched. Having played against his father I would also point out that he certainly didn't lack pace and if young Christie turns out as good as his dad the club will be on to a winner and I reckon that young Christie may even turn out to be a better player than his father although doubt if Christie senior would agree!

It would be great for the club to introduce a few highly rated youngsters over the next couple of seasons and the current successes at Dundee United and Aberdeen shows this can be done whilst still producing terrific results and performances.