FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Calling The Residents Of Inverness

Kingsmills

Does anyone actually know by how much the home attendances have dropped. I know that in the earlier days of novelty factor there were far bigger away supports travelling up and these have dropped off considerably.

All that aside I see football in Scotland as being on the decline as the number 1 spectator sport.

Ballpark and off the top of my head... it went up from a few hundred to well over a thousand in D3 at Telford St. There were 4950 at Telford St. for a Highland Derby in 1996. The initial rush at the Caledonian Stadium (still D3) gave several crowds in the 2000 - 5000 (derbies) range. Progress through D2 and D1 in the late 90s/ early 00s typically yielded 1800 - just over 2000.

In the SPL/ Premiership era, to my recollection the current numbers of just over 3000 bread and butter, around 6000 for Celtic and especially 3745 for a Highland derby are unprecedentedly low and have declined over the last 3 years or so.

HOWEVER it must also be observed that this is in parallel with the rest of the Premiership so very probably there are significant factors outwith ICT itself in operation here.

Football does indeed seem to be in decline as a spectator sport in Scotland. Another thread on pricing gave statistics about overall attendance levels in various countries' top leagues. However any figure for Scotland is seriously skewed and inflated by the fact that, although also considerably down, Celtic's numbers shove the average considerably up in a situation where the other clubs have very low figures indeed.

In the face of what is on offer on TV from south of the border and elsewhere and other competing activities these days, sitting in a stadium watching a Scottish football match - especially if that costs over £20 - seems no longer to be a flavour of the month activity. I am not criticising the "over £20" because clubs are caught between a rock and a hard place in terms of balancing their books. I think this is merely a symptom of an increasing unsustainability of the current model of football economics - in Scotland at any rate.

I also think that there is a school of thought in some places within football that the public owes it a living and it is a "given" that sufficient people should attend in order to sustain the game's current economic practices and wage structure.

The original topic on this thread was about doing something to address dwindling spectator numbers in Inverness, which then diverged into an argument about the suitability of the stadium and what a fairly beleagured ICTFC could or should do about it. Back on track, CB is right that football is now existing in an era of increased competition for peoples leisure time and what austerity ravaged money they have left after paying the bills. They can watch 5 channels of Sky Sports, ESPN, 2 channels of BT sport, occasional BBC and ITV coverage, 2 channels of Eurosport and other subscription channels like premier sports. Those are just the channels that cover football (even if only occasionally) Cast that net out into other sports and you have perfectly valid reasons as to why people might want to watch and play rugby, cricket, american football etc. They don't need to be told that football has a right to primacy over them because its the "national game". Shinty has the advantage of having a politically popular cultural association with gaelic language, and BBC Alba with SPFL coverage can be added on that basis to the above list (even if you can't understand the commentary) It's little wonder that football is haemmorhaging fans, and ICTFC are just a tiny part of that. The game and attendance at it needs sold to the public and in Scotland we are utterly, shamefully and wilfully poor at that. Our mainstream media are a disgrace in their coverage of the game - I read today that Celtic's Guidetti only looked good because of the "quality of defenders he was up against in the SPFL" in the Record. What disrespectful tripe. Willie Miller tells me that Aberdeen will "certainly finish second" so there really is no competition and therefore no point in witnessing it first hand. What arrogant, cynical nonsense. These viewpoints are, however, what informs the public's perception of football. The SPFL treat fans with contempt - witness their treatment of us last year, and their inability to attract support or investment into the game in Scotland. Police Scotland happily create a perception that disorder is still attached to football (did we really need a campaign of increased police numbers in Inverness to "prevent anti-social behaviour and disorder" because pubs were screening a TV international game with England or horses imported from Glasgow last year to control our missing crowds?) and they persist in enforcing the Offensive Communications etc. Act long after it has been discredited and found utterly inappropriate outside the OF. They mitigate against standing and being able to have a beer whilst watching a game (or even going to a game) because they, not us, can't move on from the 1970's. We are constantly subject to harrasment by under trained and overly empowered stewards who will enforce rules they have no understanding of and won't change. They will search your bags, remove things that they consider dangerous and order you seated in a manner that you won't have experienced since being at school in the 60's. If you stand, chant, sing, wave flags or create an atmosphere that will enhance a sporting contest, beware.

On the other side, you have small bands of activists supporting Clubs with an income deflating faster than a Branson balloon who can't agree on a coherent way forward and are limited in their influence and voice to forums like this one and P&B with the occasional blogger making a bigger noise. These are the reasons that crowds are down, not an inability of the fans or club to provide an effective atmosphere or a match day experience that makes people decide "let's go to the football today instead of" (insert any of the above) Again, and I know I labour this point they only thing that can effect change is the fans themselves by challenging the stuff above and continuing to give their support to their clubs, ICTFC included. It really is about individual activism - take someone along with you every chance you get. That lot above won't change football in Scotland to the extent that our crowds would justify the investment need for a better stadium. It's the fans that can do that.

• Agree 10

I posted previously on threads discussing this, but see there is another post here saying the same thing. I'm not trying to dismiss or slate what the club is or has done but what about some real market research in the local area to find out what the population of Inverness want from a football club. There is little point asking us as we are already fans so maybe in some ways are too close to be fully objective.

I acknowledge money is tight but investment in a marketing company may help, we can gauge average locals into focus groups, get street canvassing on the go and really see what is desired. Better media coverage locally and really forcing what ICT has to offer on local radio (MFR), press, social media. even shop windows and the back of buses. No point having inititives if the only people who know are those on mailings lists or on here - it needs to be cast far and wide.

I believe we need to focus on the positives - its obvious some can't but that will always be the case. Stadium location has taken a hammering on this thread - most folks will either drive to the game or walk from town. Are people seriously trying to say that the distance from the bus/train station to the stadium is off putting compared to walking to the Bught (which seems to be mooted as the site everyone wanted) -  a location with no infrastrcture or ability to deal with traffic. As for the cold, unless I've missed it has the Bught become some equatorial mirco climate - cos its going to be near every bit as cold. Fans need to stop pedalling this negativity which gets picked up on and start banding about the positives - great play, committed team, community spirit, friendly environment etc.

Edited by bdu98196
  • Agree 1

I posted previously on threads discussing this, but see there is another post here saying the same thing. I'm not trying to dismiss or slate what the club is or has done but what about some real market research in the local area to find out what the population of Inverness want from a football club. There is little point asking us as we are already fans so maybe in some ways are too close to be fully objective.

I acknowledge money is tight but investment in a marketing company may help, we can gauge average locals into focus groups, get street canvassing on the go and really see what is desired. Better media coverage locally and really forcing what ICT has to offer on local radio (MFR), press, social media. even shop windows and the back of buses. No point having inititives if the only people who know are those on mailings lists or on here - it needs to be cast far and wide.

I believe we need to focus on the positives - its obvious some can't but that will always be the case. Stadium location has taken a hammering on this thread - most folks will either drive to the game or walk from town. Are people seriously trying to say that the distance from the bus/train station to the stadium is off putting compared to walking to the Bught (which seems to be mooted as the site everyone wanted) -  a location with no infrastrcture or ability to deal with traffic. As for the cold, unless I've missed it has the Bught become some equatorial mirco climate - cos its going to be near every bit as cold. Fans need to stop pedalling this negativity which gets picked up on and start banding about the positives - great play, committed team, community spirit, friendly environment etc.

Agree, appreciate finances are tight but there may well be merit in employing someone with a successful track record in marketing and public relations on perhaps a two year fixed contract.

I appreciate that someone of high caliber and and a proven record of success would command a significant salary and there might have to be a modest reduction in the playing budget as a result but it might just bear fruit. Someone confident in their ability to attract more fans and generate more income may well be happy for part of their remuneration package to be performance related and, to that extent, it could be, at least partially, self funding.

I should add that this is not intended as a criticism of the initiatives the club are already taking but someone who's raison d'etre is to generate publicity and enthusiasm may just be able to bring something fresh to the table.

Edited by Kingsmills

Are people seriously trying to say that the distance from the bus/train station to the stadium is off putting compared to walking to the Bught (which seems to be mooted as the site everyone wanted) -  a location with no infrastrcture or ability to deal with traffic.

As for the cold, unless I've missed it has the Bught become some equatorial mirco climate - cos its going to be near every bit as cold. Fans need to stop pedalling this negativity which gets picked up on and start banding about the positives - great play, committed team, community spirit, friendly environment etc.

As one who favoured the Bught back in the early days I was at pains to point out in my earlier response that the lack of infrastructure made it non viable. I would still favour the Bught (or Holm Mills) if we had free rein to go where we wanted, no money concerns over building a new stadium, and if the infrastructure was in place. But we do not, there is no money, and the infrastructure - as you point out - is still not there so its pie in the sky and we have to get on with enjoying what we do have and which does have many positives. But lets not go all happy clapper either and defend it to the hilt because there is most definitely room for improvement or tweaks that don't have to cost a fortune.  

I don't walk to the stadium when I am back home and I would not walk to the Bught either so my issue with the stadium location is based on the infrastructure for driving (or being driven) not walking. Even as a dyed in the wool supporter, this is frustrating. On my most recent trip it took me no more than 5-10 minutes to get to the stadium from the Innes, pay, park in what seemed a good spot, and make my way to the ticket office and then to try and get into the bar (where the Gringos, decked out in their ICT gear were refused entry for not having a ticket to this pay at the gate game). But on the way out I had to wait for about 10-15 minutes to get out of the gate and then at least another 15-20 in traffic along Stadium Road before getting back to the Innes. As I was trying to cram everything into my last day before flying back out at 7am the next morning it was a frustration I could do without. I have to wonder why we continue to disallow a right turn out of the stadium when there are only a handful of opposition supporters in the ground, many of whom have been mingling and drinking with ICT fans quite happily all day. I also have to wonder why 20 years down the line we have not perfected a method to empty the car-park and get those cars away from the TCS quickly.  As for the cold, the problem is not the climate it is the open-ness .... Yes, the bught has the same climate as everywhere else in Inverness but mature trees and what would likely be a compact 4 sided stadium offers the one thing that TCS does not when the prevailing south westerly hits or a northerly breeze comes in over the black isle and that is SHELTER.

As fans of ICT, despite all our bitching and moaning on here and elsewhere, we will put up with traffic congestion, weather, high prices, officious stewarding inside and out of the ground, sub-standard serveries (either in quality or serving speed), and even with a sub standard product on the park (which luckily has not been the case for quite some time) but the casual fan, or the potential fan will not put up with this and is more likely to watch something else on TV or push a trolley round Tesco or B&Q.    

I like the idea of a market research project or perhaps a student might want to do a study as part of their degree? Most of us are too close and too biased to be completely objective about the harsh realities that might come out of such a study.  Alternatively, why not do something like Toronto FC do and have an online "council". Being a member of the council makes you feel your voice is getting heard (even if it may not be) and when the club have a significant question or set of questions to ask they normally offer up some decent prizes for participating .... its like a constant rolling set of surveys based on matchday experience (and results) as the season progresses  https://www.torontofccouncil.ca/Portal/TorontoFC/default.aspx .... the results of these surveys along with Toronto hosting the Pan American Games next year has had a large impact in the massive redevelopment of the stadium to take place over the next 24 months ....   see youtube.com/watch?v=QJfXwBxqu4M if you want a fly through ... quite impressive !!!

Pretty sure the club did a viability study on stadium location and possible alternative sites fairly recently (within the last 5 years).  I'll have to go digging into my files as I'm sure I, eh, "obtained" some info on it around that time.

In fact, I remember George Fraser talking about a community stadium project being looked at for the Bught....Charles may have more info on that?

Anyway, the point is...it's something that has been looked at, obviously deemed non-viable, and shelved.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but was there not a commission costing 20k by HIE (not IHE sadly) with the conclusion that the stadium be built in the vicinity of where Inshes Primary school is now?

I personally thought this would have been as good a spot as any.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but was there not a commission costing 20k by HIE (not IHE sadly) with the conclusion that the stadium be built in the vicinity of where Inshes Primary school is now?

I personally thought this would have been as good a spot as any.

Are you possibly thinking about the 1993 study by Bruce Hare of Percy Johnston-Marshall and Partners which cost £5000 and was paid for by INE (Inverness and Nairn Enterprise)?

Of 11 sites initially looked at in that study, seven were fundamentally unsuitable for various reasons, leaving a short list of four. Of these, Inshes was rejected because the land was too expensive and opposition from local residents was highly likely. West Seafield was rejected because of police reservations, cost of infrastructure and poor pedestrian access.

That left East Longman and Stratton Farm. The latter appeared to shoot up in the estimation of Bruce Hare between his provisional and final reports. The conspiracy theory was that INE wanted Stratton Farm so they could use this as a springboard with which to launch the Golden Mile development. Stratton seemed to win the battle in the spring of 1994 but by mid summer, after a long debate between the club, which wanted East Longman, and INE, which wanted Stratton Farm, East Longman duly got the nod, the land was leased from the Common Good Fund and planning permission was sought.

The rest is history.

• Agree 1

When the stadium was built I dont think anyone could have envisaged ICT being so successful and was more than suitable at the time of build.

Perhaps we could have a whip round and buy some land next to the campus, not that its required at present but looking ahead to what may be required in 15-20 years. By then the area will be totally built up, the train station will be in place and the A96/A9 link road should be complete, the Uni's car park will be free on a Saturday so we wont have to bother Ikea or the other large retailers to use their car parks.  Catching a bus to a stadium right next to a University, the main hospital of the highlands and retail parks will be extremely easy, very accessible on foot to fans within a 2 mile radius and a couple of drinks could be enjoyed enroute and easy access for car drivers too. The players will only have to nip next door to the Uni's sports dept to get hooked up to machines for monitoring whilst doing workouts and some of the team can look back and say that they used to sit in the family section whilst watching Yogis team of 2014.

I've said it before and will say it again permit standing opposite the main stand for £10 entry without any stewards rummaging through your pockets, I for one will return. I used to watch the team in the 1st Div, met up with the same guys we knew every week, when promotion to the SPL arrived we were cast to the 4 winds,in seats where you couldn't stand up lest a copper laid his hand on your shoulder. i distinctly remember a number of fans at the back of the main stand being told to sit down in a game against Celtic, We were in the last row at the back, when we challenged the Police on the Celtic fans standing we were told that they would be sitting shortly too, aye right. The "authorities" are killing the atmosphere, look at the German game where they have large areas of standing support, you want to engage in a game, not be a neutered automaton. The joke in the 1st Div amongs't the standing fans was when the main stand suddenly came to life and chanted, I remember well the 1-0 win against Celtic in the Scottish Cup a game which everyone seems to have forgotten, after Celtic had beaten Liverpool in the Eufa competition in midweek one of the best games in our history but largely forgotten it would seem. Get the board to lobby the SFA for a return to standing areas, I have bad knees and hips sitting does not agree with them I would much rather stand at a barrier and move around rather than be squeezed into a seat. I believe this will come sooner or later because the crowds will continue to decline to the point where the authorities will try anything from a self preservation viewpoint. Frankly, these self appointed leeches deserve to be drummed out of the game, they have done nothing to promote it, their own copper bottomed pensions come first and we pay them.

Say we double our attendances to 6000. We are now a similar sized club to Dundee United. What benefits does this have? They have as good a team as us currently despite paying more wages. They have the same glass ceiling as us - 2nd in the league and the odd chance at a cup win. So if our crowds double then it will likely have no tangible on-field benefits.

Why are we so obsessed with crowds when we are not in any debt and it doesn't negatively impact us in any way? Yeah, our players may leave because we can't pay them enough, but is that not the same with clubs like United, Hearts etc. as well?  If an English Championship team comes calling the player will be off regardless if we're paying him £1500 a week facilitated by a crowd of 3,000 or £4,000 a week facilitated by a crowd of 6,000. Unless we start suddenly averaging attendances of 15,000 then we have no chance of moving up a level from where we are now. Enjoy watching ICT for what it is, and stop feeling insecure about how many people you are sharing the experience with.

Some bizarre 'logic' there! I would argue that over the long term, average crowds of 3,000 will not be sustainable and rather than staring up at the glass ceiling, we'll be looking down at the trap door!

TCS - 20 mins walk from city centre - Secure parking - Queues to get out

Dundee (Utd) - 20/25 mins walk from city centre - Limited on street parking.

Aberdeen - 20 mins from city centre - Secure parking - Queues to get out

Hibs - 20 mins from city centre - limited on street parking

Hearts - 10 mins from city centre - Very limited parking

Kilmarnock - 30/40 mins from town centre - Some secure + on street parking

The list could go on and on but the point is that a 20 minute walk is not a big deal.

Agree, appreciate finances are tight but there may well be merit in employing someone with a successful track record in marketing and public relations on perhaps a two year fixed contract.

I appreciate that someone of high caliber and and a proven record of success would command a significant salary and there might have to be a modest reduction in the playing budget as a result but it might just bear fruit. Someone confident in their ability to attract more fans and generate more income may well be happy for part of their remuneration package to be performance related and, to that extent, it could be, at least partially, self funding.

I should add that this is not intended as a criticism of the initiatives the club are already taking but someone who's raison d'etre is to generate publicity and enthusiasm may just be able to bring something fresh to the table.

I would imagine that the high calibre person you seek would command a salary of at least £120k a year. Add to that the employers costs and we're possibly talking £300k for the two years. Thats a reduction of around seven players in our already very small squad. So lets say we employ this person to the detriment of the team and the possibility of demotion and at the end of his term he reports back that people are no longer interested in football. We've kind of fekked up.

• Agree 2

Say we double our attendances to 6000. We are now a similar sized club to Dundee United. What benefits does this have? They have as good a team as us currently despite paying more wages. They have the same glass ceiling as us - 2nd in the league and the odd chance at a cup win. So if our crowds double then it will likely have no tangible on-field benefits.

Why are we so obsessed with crowds when we are not in any debt and it doesn't negatively impact us in any way? Yeah, our players may leave because we can't pay them enough, but is that not the same with clubs like United, Hearts etc. as well?  If an English Championship team comes calling the player will be off regardless if we're paying him £1500 a week facilitated by a crowd of 3,000 or £4,000 a week facilitated by a crowd of 6,000. Unless we start suddenly averaging attendances of 15,000 then we have no chance of moving up a level from where we are now. Enjoy watching ICT for what it is, and stop feeling insecure about how many people you are sharing the experience with.

Some bizarre 'logic' there! I would argue that over the long term, average crowds of 3,000 will not be sustainable and rather than staring up at the glass ceiling, we'll be looking down at the trap door!

The trap door would potentially be looming just as large if we had larger crowds, I don't think I have to name the teams who have suffered despite getting bigger attendances than us recently. I know a significant amount of our financial "success" in the past couple of years can be ascribed to our cup runs and high league finishes, but I think it would take many years for us to be in any sort of significant financial trouble with average crowds of 3000 considering the state of our balance sheet at the moment. Maybe someone with better knowledge of the club's finances could prove me wrong, however.

TCS - 20 mins walk from city centre - Secure parking - Queues to get out

Dundee (Utd) - 20/25 mins walk from city centre - Limited on street parking.

Aberdeen - 20 mins from city centre - Secure parking - Queues to get out

Hibs - 20 mins from city centre - limited on street parking

Hearts - 10 mins from city centre - Very limited parking

Kilmarnock - 30/40 mins from town centre - Some secure + on street parking

The list could go on and on but the point is that a 20 minute walk is not a big deal.

I would imagine that the high calibre person you seek would command a salary of at least £120k a year. Add to that the employers costs and we're possibly talking £300k for the two years. Thats a reduction of around seven players in our already very small squad. So lets say we employ this person to the detriment of the team and the possibility of demotion and at the end of his term he reports back that people are no longer interested in football. We've kind of fekked up.

Not saying we should employ someone full time, but perhaps someone who is a fan has experience in this area, or the club commission a set fee consultant for a short duration, the club have media and marketing already in place, but perhaps they need some input and guideance from more experienced avenues. In no way am I trying to belittle or be offensive but trying to market the club to city inhabited by a multi-cultural and interested people, we need to look at new ways of bringing the 'fair weather' fans in premenantly instead of only appeasling to the existing ICT fans. All i'm doing is trying to suggest application of the same logic I use in my profession where sometimes I have to bring in experts in a field as I may not have the knowledge depth required.

Although reading on here, much of this is solved having people travel less, easier access and parking, standing and no stewards - that layby on the Kessock Bridge seems to tick most boxes, perhaps the club could put a collection box and pie stall there for the disaffected :blink:  This thread is meant to be a 'call to arms' encouraging people of Inverness to get out and back the team or ideas how to - yet most is negative and this time focuses on the stadium and location........next up will be the merger :lol:

Look at other Scottish attendances last weekend. Look at the enticing "offers" and the work being done across the North of Scotland. I suspect that I may not be alone that I am actually happy that we have maintained a 3000 core support, that I see more and more yoof both at the TCS and the streets of Sneck wearing ICT colours and the fact that we are maintaining our Premier League status and playing feckin entertaining football.

Keep up the good work behind the scenes and let us all keep trying to encourage others - if only one individual - into the family.

• Agree 7

There is plenty space at the Bucht as we all know (see attached jpeg with stadium and parking translated onto it).  An exact replica of our stadium and parking scenario would take up 1/3rd of the space at the Bucht as a whole.

Walking times to new stadium from:

1. Lochardil                        -    36min
  2. Crown                            -    25min
  3. Kinmylies                       -    38min
  4. Milton of Leys                -    40min
  5. Dalneigh                        -    20min
  6. Culduthel                       -    37min
  7. Hilton                             -    33min
  8. Train Station/pubs         -    23min

Walking times to existing stadium from:

1. Lochardil              -    1hr16min
  2. Crown                  -    40min
  3. Kinmylies             -    49min
  4. Milton of Leys      -    1hr5min
  5. Dalneigh              -    46min
  6. Culduthel             -    1hr16min
  7. Hilton                   -    1hr2min
  8. Train Station/pubs -  31min

It can clearly be seen that if the stadium was moved to the Bucht Park then folk could easily walk to the game and return on foot within the vast majority of the demographic of Inverness, whereas this is not possible with the current stadium where it is.  You have to make football easily accessible and as it stands the logistics prove it is not.

post-74-0-89420300-1417003677_thumb.png

Edited by Northern_jaggie
  • Agree 1

There is plenty space at the Bucht as we all know (see attached jpeg with stadium and parking translated onto it).  An exact replica of our stadium and parking scenario would take up 1/3rd of the space at the Bucht as a whole.

NJ.... even before the major questions of traffic and parking chaos in addition to highly likely resident opposition at the Bught are considered, are you not presuming rather that Highland Council would be prepared to part with a large chunk of Inverness's prime recreational area for exclusive use by a private company which is already trading on land leased from the Highland Council?

I would be very surprised if HC, and especially Councillors who remember the extent of Council previous support for ICT's insistence on going to East Longman, would be prepared to part for this purpose with a substantial green area which is currently open to the entire community. I would also be interested to know where precisely you would locate the 9.03 acres (the area of the current East Longman site) within the perimter of the Bught (remembering that the Bught Stadium is already within it) and how you would lay out and finance the necessary infrastructure for access and egress?

Even Inverness City's current small allocation, to which there must be full public access when they are not playing, was contentious enough within the Council so I find it difficult to see this proposal coming to be - even if the money was available to make it reality.

I have said it before......i still think that a part of the problem is that the Stadium doesnt feel like part of a community stuck out where it is....its on the outskirts of a Industrial estate...that cant help matters

• Agree 1

I've said it before and will say it again permit standing opposite the main stand for £10 entry without any stewards rummaging through your pockets, I for one will return. I used to watch the team in the 1st Div, met up with the same guys we knew every week, when promotion to the SPL arrived we were cast to the 4 winds,in seats where you couldn't stand up lest a copper laid his hand on your shoulder. i distinctly remember a number of fans at the back of the main stand being told to sit down in a game against Celtic, We were in the last row at the back, when we challenged the Police on the Celtic fans standing we were told that they would be sitting shortly too, aye right. The "authorities" are killing the atmosphere, look at the German game where they have large areas of standing support, you want to engage in a game, not be a neutered automaton. The joke in the 1st Div amongs't the standing fans was when the main stand suddenly came to life and chanted, I remember well the 1-0 win against Celtic in the Scottish Cup a game which everyone seems to have forgotten, after Celtic had beaten Liverpool in the Eufa competition in midweek one of the best games in our history but largely forgotten it would seem. Get the board to lobby the SFA for a return to standing areas, I have bad knees and hips sitting does not agree with them I would much rather stand at a barrier and move around rather than be squeezed into a seat. I believe this will come sooner or later because the crowds will continue to decline to the point where the authorities will try anything from a self preservation viewpoint. Frankly, these self appointed leeches deserve to be drummed out of the game, they have done nothing to promote it, their own copper bottomed pensions come first and we pay them.

I've not noticed the stewards give any grief to the lads who stand up in Section E for a couple of seasons now. They seem happy to let them stand if they want these days.

Safe standing is now officially allowed I believe, on the proviso that a certain type of seat/barrier is installed . However I think it costs about £100 a 'seat' plus installation. So £10,000 + for 100 seats and people would expect to pay less (like your £10 example). So its no likely to happen.

ETA- I've never seen a steward go through anyone's pockets, just bags.

Edited by Fraz

The current stadium is good enough for the present time.

I remember chatting to a fan about the car park a few months ago and he did mention that at least you dont have to wait as long in our car park as at other football clubs.

I think it might be that we arent used to queuing, for the Rangers cup match it took me 10-15 mins to drive from Motherwell to Ibrox and probably an hour just to get back on to the motorway.

Even though our car park is better than others, I still think it could be improved slightly, it would be a shame if it tainted a new fans day out.

The Bucht is a total non-starter it is simply not a realistic option.  The only other location that could be a goer is near the new UHI campus.  From what I've heard the numbers do not stack for this to be a serious option.

For what it's worth I like TCS and would be quite sad if we ever moved away.

Don't blame the stadium or the cold or the pies. Be honest if you are a football supporter get off your backside and go and support the team. They are playing good football , second in the top league, what more do you want? Here is a fact : Ross County have 700+ supporters with an Inverness address.

Here is a fact : Ross County have 700+ supporters with an Inverness address.

As they say on Wikipedia - "Citation needed".

I am not in any way suggesting that this is not the case but would be interested to see the evidence which verifies this as a "fact" - along with the definition of "supporter" on which the figure is based.

For instance if you were telling us that you have seen the list of Ross County season ticket holders and "700+" (another slight ambiguity) have IV1, 2 or 3 postcodes then that would be one form of confirmation.

• Agree 1