FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT -V- Aberdeen

Scotty

Nick Ross was my Motm,so thought it odd he got taken off

Strange game, we should've been 2 up at ht. Started the second half well, got the goal then seemed to invite them onto us and we went into panic mode.

No idea what to make of Ofere. Can't knock his scoring stats so far, but his touch is awful, and playing a ball for him to run onto is a waste of time and he appears to lack the vital ingredient for that tactic...any semblance of pace.

Nick Ross was my Motm,so thought it odd he got taken off

Strange game, we should've been 2 up at ht. Started the second half well, got the goal then seemed to invite them onto us and we went into panic mode.

No idea what to make of Ofere. Can't knock his scoring stats so far, but his touch is awful, and playing a ball for him to run onto is a waste of time and he appears to lack the vital ingredient for that tactic...any semblance of pace.

Can't disagree more about Ofere. I think he looks the part and each game I see him he gets better. He is strong and defences seem to struggle with him giving more space for others to use. My only problem is he is very one footed.

Agreed. The bizarre thing is that, for me, his defining strength in his first home game (Raith Rovers, Scottish Cup) was his ability to kill the ball when it came to feet. However, the one constant throughout is his heavy legs/lack of pace. Hoped this would improve with developing match fitness but not really happened. Disappointing given many of his best YouTube goals (albeit a bit dated) show him running onto through balls and calmly finishing (what Marley has been trying to perfect with fairly limited success). Still good stats for big Edward though.

Today was always going to be tough which could either way so to come away with defeat is disappointing but not surprising.

Before the game I would have been disappointed but not surprised. Having been at the game, I am surprised as well. Based on the first half and even after we actually, eventually scored, Aberdeen were there for the taking. They were less impressive/more vulnerable than any of our previous encounters all season ... And I've been to all four. Gutting. Marley was naturally frustrated with his galling miss. In trying to make amends (and maybe get another shot on goal), he seemed to take on too much himself a few times when an early pass / through ball would have been a better option and he ended up getting crowded out.

• Agree 1

Should have cantered that game. Marley will be having mares after that miss, he should have buried it. We scorned chances to win a couple of games and ended up losing goals following set pieces again. That needs addressed quickly. The performance was worth more, the result however, is frustratingly disappointing.

Main problem with Ofere is that he should have scored an extra 15 goals for us on top of knocking Celtic out the cup to reach our first Scottish cup final. What a dissapoint.(sarcasm)

The man has come in after the Jan transfer window, its always a big ask replacing hotshot Mr small k and he's getting better week by week. Even Kink had a lot more pace about him.

If he wants to stay I think hes a good signing for next season.

Edited by 12th Man

I have no doubts about big Eddie, ok his touch and perhaps his distribution

skills aren't the best (but these will be worked on) but he holds the ball up well and certainly knows where the goal is.

I think he's been a great signing.

• Agree 1

Nick did well first half, but then the whole team were playing well, seems that after we scored the heads went down, and we started having palpitations because we were actually beating Aberdeen!

Nick like a lot of others disappeared in the second half, Doran looked a lot more direct when he came on and caused a few problems for the Dons, I would prefer him on the park to Williams, at least he knows where the goal is! our goals rate from midfielders has been horrific lately.

We are now second bottom of the form league, only the Arabs are below us - thank feck, with only 4 points from 8 games, think the time has come to alter the team.

How Watkins and Ross missed those chances is feckin beyond me me!

To be honest if Watkins fecked off at the end of the season I would not lose sleep.

My view of the match was

The Good - started well made loads of chances

The Bad  - Missed several goals should have had 4 before half time

The Ugly - Finished  with poor passing , lack of composure , They made Aberdeen look like there were 14 players in red shirts and  against only 10 in blue. Total shambles at the end, quite frankly didn't look fit.

My view of the match was

The Ugly - Finished  with poor passing , lack of composure , They made Aberdeen look like there were 14 players in red shirts and  against only 10 in blue. Total shambles at the end, quite frankly didn't look fit.

A bit harsh there Lawrence. Playing against the wind did have an effect on either side but to say we didn't look fit??????

• Agree 1

My view of the match was

The Bad - Missed several goals should have had 4 before half time

The Ugly - Finished with poor passing , lack of composure , They made Aberdeen look like there were 14 players in red shirts and against only 10 in blue. Total shambles at the end, quite frankly didn't look fit.

This must be the only fan forum that trolls from within.

My view of the match was

jlaw-whtvr.gif

My view of the match was

jennifer-lawrence-disgusted-gif.gif

He's gone for it with his wrong foot. If he felt he HAD to take it on his right, probably better to go for the outside of the boot, which would've angled it comfortably away from the keeper. Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight. Rooney and Mckay both missed worse sitters than that. The only real 'natural' finisher we've ever had was Ian Stewart.

If you're not a natural finisher, best thing to do is the old Alan Shearer tactic - put the laces through it! Just going for maximum power every time will give you a decent finishing ratio, even if you put the odd ball into the Moray Firth along the way.

Edited by AlexJones

He's gone for it with his wrong foot. If he felt he HAD to take it on his right, probably better to go for the outside of the boot, which would've angled it comfortably away from the keeper. Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight. Rooney and Mckay both missed worse sitters than that. The only real 'natural' finisher we've ever had was Ian Stewart.

If you're not a natural finisher, best thing to do is the old Alan Shearer tactic - put the laces through it! Just going for maximum power every time will give you a decent finishing ratio, even if you put the odd ball into the Moray Firth along the way.

Sliding in or smashing it or side-footing into the corner might all have been fine. He didn't miss it completely which is something but a defensive pass-back was always going to struggle to find the back of the net. I suppose I'm extra frustrated because of the general wastefulness/bad decision-making yesterday.

My view of the match was

jennifer-lawrence-disgusted-gif.gif

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Watched the highlights and yes it is only 5 minutes but I cant believe we didn't win with so many clear cut chances but I suppose that is the way it goes sometimes. What I am encouraged by though is a return of our passing play which was quick , incisive and ripped teams apart earlier in the season. It looked like we got in behind and opened up the Aberdeen numerous times so with that in mind I am still confident we can do the job against our next two opponents who will hold the key to our league finish. 

I agree and feel that more incisive play was the key also to our semi-final success.  Our stuttering form prior to that was in my view a result of a very negative approach to the matches.  We are at our best when we look to go forward.  Continue with a more positive approach and we shoud get back to winning ways in the league.